Mizzou c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will say in the Q+A last week with Doug he said that they are hoping for a class of 125-126... those numbers could be slightly off. Dr. Cohn also said today in response to admissions they will under accept meaning only offer the seats they have originally so they can pull off the waitlist as much as possible at least that is what it sounded like. If anyone else was there last week or today and wants to chime in please do!
That number very likely includes the 10-20 yearly students who are readmitted, decelerated, or back from leave. -current student

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure who all on here made it to the zoom call for the faculty and dean meet and greet this afternoon. From faculty to admin they are all so down to earth 🥰 solidified my love for the school and program. Hang in there all, we're so close! Best of luck to everyone in the next couple weeks!!! Praying for good news 🙏🫶🤞
I was driving so I wasn't able to have my camera on, but I loved listening to everyone's questions and hearing from the faculty. Getting more excited (and nervous) for decisions! 😊

Reactions: 1 user
I will say in the Q+A last week with Doug he said that they are hoping for a class of 125-126... those numbers could be slightly off. Dr. Cohn also said today in response to admissions they will under accept meaning only offer the seats they have originally so they can pull off the waitlist as much as possible at least that is what it sounded like. If anyone else was there last week or today and wants to chime in please do!
I was there today in person for an interview and I know they said a ~130 person class and they were interviewing around 460 people total. I loved seeing the campus and facilities. The admission lady said we should hear March 1st, maybe a day later or earlier with a decision. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was there today in person for an interview and I know they said a ~130 person class and they were interviewing around 460 people total. I loved seeing the campus and facilities. The admission lady said we should hear March 1st, maybe a day later or earlier with a decision. Fingers crossed for everyone!
460!? That is terrifying, hope your interview went well 😊

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many IS and OOS they interview vs accept? I know U of i interviews 250 OOS 150 IS and accepts 75 IS and OOS but cant find Mizzous numbers anywhere.
I feel like they sent this in the interview email

Do you guys think we will be hearing back this week🫢

Should be... they said March 1, 2, or 3, right? So by Friday we should know
Yes, hopefully March 1 or 2. I am so nervous waiting, this is this only school I didn't get rejected from. Remember that they like to pull off the waitlist so even if you get waitlisted there's still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, hopefully March 1 or 2. I am so nervous waiting, this is this only school I didn't get rejected from. Remember that they like to pull off the waitlist so even if you get waitlisted there's still hope!
Does anyone know how the waitlist moves for OOS?

Does anyone know how the waitlist moves for OOS?

I believe they said it moved quite a bit but varies year to year. I was waitlisted by Auburn but fell in love with Mizzou so I can only pray if I got waitlisted that it moves.

Just got a call from a random Missouri number, freaked out, and answered only for it to be a spam call :rofl:

• Haha
  • Wow
I'm fairly certain they don't call and it's only emails. But I would have done the same 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS alternate as well... I know people have said the waitlist tends to move but do we know by how much? 😭

Also can we check what position we are on the waitlist? Or do they not disclose that

OOS alternate as well... I know people have said the waitlist tends to move but do we know by how much? 😭
According to an older mizzou alum its a "super good" chance of getting pulled off. Also they say you may be pulled off as late as August 13th - but like imagine being pulled off that late for the fall semester lol. That would be a fast move

I did some digging through the Mizzou and the waitlisted threads from last year, and it looks like last year
-Very few people were taken off the waitlist (lots more initial acceptances than they expected, so almost no waitlist movement)
-Nobody was notified about movement off the waitlist until right after the April acceptance deadline, meaning if you had an offer elsewhere you needed to accept it and then back out if you managed to get off the Mizzou waitlist & wanted to go there instead
-They didn't give numerical rankings if you emailed, though they would say things like "you have a reasonable chance" or "we only expect to pull 1-2 at this point, we're sorry" that could give a subjective idea of where you might be

I don't know how much of that applies/will apply to this year as well, but like :/

Sorry to spam the thread but I did email them directly to ask about waitlist rank/when they'd notify us of movement. I'll let you guys know what I hear back

OOS ACCEPTANCE!! It doesn’t feel real OMG 🥹🥹🥹

OOS alternate 😮‍💨
Anyone accepted thinking of taking a different offer by chance??

OOS alternate 😮‍💨
Anyone accepted thinking of taking a different offer by chance??
I remember when I went in person they were aiming to pull a lot off the alternate list. Don't go based off what happened last year, because this year has a LOT more applicants. Keep your head up everyone! And congratz to everyone that was accepted ☺️

Okay, I got a response - they don't number the waitlist per se, so they can't give out a specific place on the list (and are not disclosing total number on the waitlist as a result of that), and they have no estimate on how much the waitlist will move this year. They didn't specifically answer when we will hear back (ie, rolling basis vs after decision day), but they did stress not to decline other offers we may have gotten, so I'd guess we prob won't hear until after decision date (which also makes sense with their email saying most people will be notified mid-April to May). Hope this helps anyone else waitlisted 😭

IS rejected. First time applicant with 3.95 GPA and 120 shadowing hours. I'm sad I didn't even get on the waitlist LOL. I did get on the waitlist for Illinois though. Congrats to everyone who got accepted or even is on the waitlist!

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS Acceptance! Feeling all of the emotions.

OOS acceptance!

OOS Acceptance my Instagram is @jordanaltug and I would love to get to follow some of my future classmates🤍🤍

IS alternate (ranked). Any insight into how much the IS waitlist has moved in previous years?

Do we know if the admitted student day is still happening March 18th? I haven’t heard anything since the original announcement.

Accepted to my IS, thus declining my seat. Good luck everyone!

Accepted in IS too!! Declined my seat. Hope that gets someone off the waitlist soon! Best of luck all

• Love
I noticed you guys don’t have a Facebook page or group chat yet. My class will be making the official page after April 17, but feel free to make unofficial ones so you can start chatting with each other and get any questions answered

I noticed you guys don’t have a Facebook page or group chat yet. My class will be making the official page after April 17, but feel free to make unofficial ones so you can start chatting with each other and get any questions answered

That’s great to know thank you!!! I’ll just be patient til after the deadline

just accepted my seat!! i’ll be waiting for the fb group and can’t wait to meet y’all!! :)

Just checking in as decision day for ya'll accepted grows closer, anyone turning down their OOS seat for Mizzou?
❤️

Just checking in as decision day for ya'll accepted grows closer, anyone turning down their OOS seat for Mizzou?
❤️
I did a few days ago!