Mizzou c/o 2027

Started by Hcat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will say in the Q+A last week with Doug he said that they are hoping for a class of 125-126... those numbers could be slightly off. Dr. Cohn also said today in response to admissions they will under accept meaning only offer the seats they have originally so they can pull off the waitlist as much as possible at least that is what it sounded like. If anyone else was there last week or today and wants to chime in please do!
That number very likely includes the 10-20 yearly students who are readmitted, decelerated, or back from leave. -current student
 
Not sure who all on here made it to the zoom call for the faculty and dean meet and greet this afternoon. From faculty to admin they are all so down to earth 🥰 solidified my love for the school and program. Hang in there all, we're so close! Best of luck to everyone in the next couple weeks!!! Praying for good news 🙏🫶🤞
I was driving so I wasn't able to have my camera on, but I loved listening to everyone's questions and hearing from the faculty. Getting more excited (and nervous) for decisions! 😊
 
I will say in the Q+A last week with Doug he said that they are hoping for a class of 125-126... those numbers could be slightly off. Dr. Cohn also said today in response to admissions they will under accept meaning only offer the seats they have originally so they can pull off the waitlist as much as possible at least that is what it sounded like. If anyone else was there last week or today and wants to chime in please do!
I was there today in person for an interview and I know they said a ~130 person class and they were interviewing around 460 people total. I loved seeing the campus and facilities. The admission lady said we should hear March 1st, maybe a day later or earlier with a decision. Fingers crossed for everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was there today in person for an interview and I know they said a ~130 person class and they were interviewing around 460 people total. I loved seeing the campus and facilities. The admission lady said we should hear March 1st, maybe a day later or earlier with a decision. Fingers crossed for everyone!
460!? That is terrifying, hope your interview went well 😊
 
Yes, hopefully March 1 or 2. I am so nervous waiting, this is this only school I didn't get rejected from. Remember that they like to pull off the waitlist so even if you get waitlisted there's still hope!
Does anyone know how the waitlist moves for OOS?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS alternate as well... I know people have said the waitlist tends to move but do we know by how much? 😭
According to an older mizzou alum its a "super good" chance of getting pulled off. Also they say you may be pulled off as late as August 13th - but like imagine being pulled off that late for the fall semester lol. That would be a fast move
 
I did some digging through the Mizzou and the waitlisted threads from last year, and it looks like last year
-Very few people were taken off the waitlist (lots more initial acceptances than they expected, so almost no waitlist movement)
-Nobody was notified about movement off the waitlist until right after the April acceptance deadline, meaning if you had an offer elsewhere you needed to accept it and then back out if you managed to get off the Mizzou waitlist & wanted to go there instead
-They didn't give numerical rankings if you emailed, though they would say things like "you have a reasonable chance" or "we only expect to pull 1-2 at this point, we're sorry" that could give a subjective idea of where you might be

I don't know how much of that applies/will apply to this year as well, but like :/
 
Sorry to spam the thread but I did email them directly to ask about waitlist rank/when they'd notify us of movement. I'll let you guys know what I hear back
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I got a response - they don't number the waitlist per se, so they can't give out a specific place on the list (and are not disclosing total number on the waitlist as a result of that), and they have no estimate on how much the waitlist will move this year. They didn't specifically answer when we will hear back (ie, rolling basis vs after decision day), but they did stress not to decline other offers we may have gotten, so I'd guess we prob won't hear until after decision date (which also makes sense with their email saying most people will be notified mid-April to May). Hope this helps anyone else waitlisted 😭
 
I noticed you guys don’t have a Facebook page or group chat yet. My class will be making the official page after April 17, but feel free to make unofficial ones so you can start chatting with each other and get any questions answered
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed you guys don’t have a Facebook page or group chat yet. My class will be making the official page after April 17, but feel free to make unofficial ones so you can start chatting with each other and get any questions answered

That’s great to know thank you!!! I’ll just be patient til after the deadline [emoji23]