Mizzou c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declined my OOS spot today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Mizzou lectures are recorded? Some schools record their lectures nowadays but I can't find anything about Mizzou

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Mizzou lectures are recorded? Some schools record their lectures nowadays but I can't find anything about Mizzou

Everything is recorded, except anatomy lab obviously. They don’t care too much about attendance in lecture, but they do get mad and threaten to drop your grade if you skip lab

Everything is recorded, except anatomy lab obviously. They don’t care too much about attendance in lecture, but they do get mad and threaten to drop your grade if you skip lab
Thank you! Good to know

For anyone else on the OOS waitlist, I emailed that other day. Shouldn't expect to hear anything until after May 1st.

Does anyone know the policy for bad grades? Like do they immediately kick you out if you get below a C or do they have you remediate or get held back? I’m so excited to be going to vet school but now I have this overwhelming fear that I’m going to fail 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the policy for bad grades? Like do they immediately kick you out if you get below a C or do they have you remediate or get held back? I’m so excited to be going to vet school but now I have this overwhelming fear that I’m going to fail 😭
I think you can find the answer to this in the Technical standards doc Kathy sent. I think it's if you fail a course, you're out. You can only have so many credit hours of Ds and you have to maintain a 2.0 GPA.

I think you can find the answer to this in the Technical standards doc Kathy sent. I think it's if you fail a course, you're out. You can only have so many credit hours of Ds and you have to maintain a 2.0 GPA.
Sorry, it's actually the academic scholarship regulations doc.

Cs get degrees in vet school! And so do up to 9 credits of Ds. If you get an F or too many Ds in the first semester, they offer a decelerated program. You continue with your original class, but only take half of the classes. You then join the class below in the fall to take the other half and continue full time with them second year.
If you have problems in IP3, you are offered a leave of absence where you take a break for the whole year and rejoin the next class to start IP3 over

Out of curiosity did it say in the email or however they contacted you how long they gave you to make a decision?

Ali can probably answer best, but it’s typically 2 weeks. If you don’t respond after 1 week they’ll typically call you to check in

The shock is definitely NOT gone and I'll probably burst into tears any minute again but got a call from Kathy this morning and just got the email I got off the waitlist 🥹😭❤️❤️
I can't wait to start this journey with you all!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey @AceHydro or anyone else who knows the answer to this, who would I email if I have questions about a dual degree program that potentially doesn't exist based on my browsing the website?

Like the MPH program? That’s the only one I know of personally

The shock is definitely NOT gone and I'll probably burst into tears any minute again but got a call from Kathy this morning and just got the email I got off the waitlist 🥹😭❤️❤️
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!!! :D

• Love
YESSSSS!! I knew we were meant to meet eachother after interviews!

• Love
Is there a Mizzou FB group page for accepted students for class of 2027? Daughter just received phone call and email - accepted OOS student off waitlist.

• Love
Is there a Mizzou FB group page for accepted students for class of 2027? Daughter just received phone call and email - accepted OOS student off waitlist.
Yay!! Congrats to her 😊🥰
MU CVM Class of 2027

Yay!! Congrats to her 😊🥰
MU CVM Class of 2027
She was accepted into Western U and Ross Univ. She decided on Ross Univ until her Mizzou phone call was recvd today. She was not expecting it and was caught off guard. Now she is super excited. She is deciding on Mizzou all the way.

She was accepted into Western U and Ross Univ. She decided on Ross Univ until her Mizzou phone call was recvd today. She was not expecting it and was caught off guard. Now she is super excited. She is deciding on Mizzou all the way.
I totally get where she is coming from! Before my acceptance I only had an offer from SGU so my whole world did a 180 when I got that call!!

I totally get where she is coming from! Before my acceptance I only had an offer from SGU so my whole world did a 180 when I got that call!!
You must have been on cloud 9 - awesome. She just phoned and said she will accept Mizzou over Ross. Bad news: We lose our deposit to Ross - Good news - she is super ecstatic about Mizzou. We are from East Coast and logistically, easier for everyone.

You must have been on cloud 9 - awesome. She just phoned and said she will accept Mizzou over Ross. Bad news: We lose our deposit to Ross - Good news - she is super ecstatic about Mizzou. We are from East Coast and logistically, easier for everyone.
Can't wait to meet her!

Have they filled all the seats yet?

Last edited:
Have they filled all the seats yet?

Most likely. If it’s like last year, the first wave of waitlist acceptances went out the 17th, a second wave went out 2 weeks later. That would be next Monday. I think after that it’s pretty settled. But keep in mind that anyone changing their decision at a school creates a domino effect on all of the other vet schools. So the class isn’t truly set until the first day of classes

Those of you who have been accepted off of the OOS waitlist, did you ever ask about your position on the waitlist? If so, would you feel comfortable sharing where they placed you?

Those of you who have been accepted off of the OOS waitlist, did you ever ask about your position on the waitlist? If so, would you feel comfortable sharing where they placed you?
Even after accepted I unfortunately was not told where I was placed. I could attempt to find out but unsure if I would be able to get this information!

Before they started moving people off the waitlist I'd emailed to ask about rankings and they said they don't actually number our positions (?) so they can't share that info :/

Before they started moving people off the waitlist I'd emailed to ask about rankings and they said they don't actually number our positions (?) so they can't share that info :/
Thank you! I emailed them and they told me I was ranked medium-high, I assume those of you who have been accepted were ranked high. I was just wondering though, it’s so hard to get a feel for where you stand since they don’t rank numerically hahah!

Thank you! I emailed them and they told me I was ranked medium-high, I assume those of you who have been accepted were ranked high. I was just wondering though, it’s so hard to get a feel for where you stand since they don’t rank numerically hahah!
For real! I haven't actually moved off the OOS waitlist so if they're giving subjective positions maybe I should email again, lol 🧐🥲

For real! I haven't actually moved off the OOS waitlist so if they're giving subjective positions maybe I should email again, lol 🧐🥲
Yeah, I emailed Kathy specifically asking if I was ranked high, medium or low and she told me.