Mizzou C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alicat9152

Mizzou c/o 2027
Reaction score
Creating this thread for this year's applicants to Mizzou (Missouri CVM)! Best of luck to all as you wrap up your applications and gear up for the wait. I will be a 1st year this Fall and would be happy to help answer questions along the way or direct you to someone at the CVM that can! 💛🖤🐯

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Firs time applicant OOS, I'm super excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS applicant, finishing my MPH from mizzou next spring:)

Creating this thread for this year's applicants to Mizzou (Missouri CVM)! Best of luck to all as you wrap up your applications and gear up for the wait. I will be a 1st year this Fall and would be happy to help answer questions along the way or direct you to someone at the CVM that can! 💛🖤🐯
Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thank you in advance.

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thank you in advance.
We have to live within 20 minutes of the school by Year 3 during clinics. There is a bus system for the university overall but not the vet school, that's all I really know about the bus.
Most students have a car and for me specifically my roommates and I carpool and just switch who drives each day. If you live super close already to the vet school you don't need one but for those that have cars you'll get a parking permit and you guys will park in AV17 (where I currently park) which is the lot for VM1's and about a 10 minute walk to the school.
Our hospital is just right across the street from where VM1 and 2's do our didactic.

Hope this is helpful!

We have to live within 20 minutes of the school by Year 3 during clinics. There is a bus system for the university overall but not the vet school, that's all I really know about the bus.
Most students have a car and for me specifically my roommates and I carpool and just switch who drives each day. If you live super close already to the vet school you don't need one but for those that have cars you'll get a parking permit and you guys will park in AV17 (where I currently park) which is the lot for VM1's and about a 10 minute walk to the school.
Our hospital is just right across the street from where VM1 and 2's do our didactic.

Hope this is helpful!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Second-time OOS applicant! I was waitlisted last cycle so hoping for the best this year. Good luck to everyone!

Second-time OOS applicant! I was waitlisted last cycle so hoping for the best this year. Good luck to everyone!
How was the waitlist experience? Did they tell you your rank or how many people were on the waitlist?

How was the waitlist experience? Did they tell you your rank or how many people were on the waitlist?
I can also speak to this as I was waitlisted last cycle and pulled. When decisions come out (for us it was morning of March 1st if I remember correctly) no matter if you were accepted, rejected, or waitlisted you will know by email. Before they decide how many waitlisted, they can offer seats to priority is given to those accepted when the email comes out. Accepted students had until I want to say April 18th to officially accept or decline their seat. It seemed as though IS waitlisters heard back first and at the end of the week OOS started to get pulled. I was pulled 1 week after D Day (April 18). last cycle we were not given ranks or told how many were on the waitlist. If you are waitlisted and pulled Kathy will call you with the good news and to see if you would like to accept the offer!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyway to monitor your application or a portal to login to?

Does anyone know like the timeline or when we will hear?

Does anyone know like the timeline or when we will hear?
As far as last year goes, interview invites were released early December (later than usual) with the first interviews being the end of January for in person slots. Interviews continued (in person and zoom) till end of February. Decisions were released 1st week of March.
Unsure how the timeline will be exactly this year as we recently had an administration change/addition but expect it to be somewhat close to this 😊

I emailed Kathy Seay for an update and she said interview invites are going out around thanksgiving or shortly after. She also said they got 1500 apps this year!

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed Kathy Seay for an update and she said interview invites are going out around thanksgiving or shortly after. She also said they got 1500 apps this year!
1500 total or just OOS? I know last year they have on their website they got 1700 total apps

1500 total or just OOS? I know last year they have on their website they got 1700 total apps
Not sure, she didn't give details. She just said they were working hard to get through 1500 apps

Should I have gotten a confirmation email from them of some kind? I got the confirmation for paying the fee, but I never got an email actually confirming that they got my application or anything.

Should I have gotten a confirmation email from them of some kind? I got the confirmation for paying the fee, but I never got an email actually confirming that they got my application or anything.
Last year I got a confirmation email when I paid the supplemental fee and then I received general reminder emails every 10 days after that for about a month.
Unsure how they are doing things this year as we have a new student of academic affairs dean..but if you haven't received anything from them after paying your supplemental (check your spam/junk folder!) then I would go ahead and shoot Kathy a quick email (she's pretty quick at responding) 🙂

I also haven't received anything aside from the receipt for the supplemental fee!

I get more emails from schools that I didn't even end up submitting an application for lol

I also just have the supplemental fee receipt. I wish all schools were required to send a confirmation email!

I also haven't received anything aside from the receipt for the supplemental fee!

I get more emails from schools that I didn't even end up submitting an application for lol
I also just have the supplemental fee receipt. I wish all schools were required to send a confirmation email!
Last year I got a confirmation email when I paid the supplemental fee and then I received general reminder emails every 10 days after that for about a month.
Unsure how they are doing things this year as we have a new student of academic affairs dean..but if you haven't received anything from them after paying your supplemental (check your spam/junk folder!) then I would go ahead and shoot Kathy a quick email (she's pretty quick at responding) 🙂
Thank y'all!!

This week hopefully!!! Anyone know any more detailed info- maybe which day we can expect to hear?

This week hopefully!!! Anyone know any more detailed info- maybe which day we can expect to hear?
Was morning of December 1st last year!
So should be really soon for you guys
Good luck!! 😊

• Love
was there a post somewhere where someone got info that mizzou would be this week or are we just going based on past years?

Was morning of December 1st last year!
So should be really soon for you guys
Good luck!! 😊
was there a post somewhere where someone got info that mizzou would be this week or are we just going based on past years?
I emailed the admissions manager and was told to expect around thanksgiving or shortly after!

Reactions: 4 users

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 10.54.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 10.54.46 AM.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Wow
? Hello ...thanks....within a day of when?
I emailed Ms. Kathy again today and that was what she said. I asked for an update on when interview invites were going out. Not super specific but that email's from just now

I emailed Ms. Kathy again today and that was what she said. I asked for an update on when interview invites were going out. Not super specific but that email's from just now
Oh, ok..thank you for sharing....my screenshot is cut...did she say "We are within a day of sending them out"?

Lol well then the vital question is when are they getting sent out 😂 hopefully any day now. But either way going based off last year at most we are just waiting one or two weeks more

As long as they don’t send them out on thanksgiving🤞

Lol well then the vital question is when are they getting sent out 😂 hopefully any day now. But either way going based off last year at most we are just waiting one or two weeks more
Do you know if there's a specific time of day they usually send them out? I know last year's was in the AM, but not sure if that’s typical?
Does that mean they’re sending them out tomorrow??? Or on thanksgiving 😭😭 such a cryptic way to say

Technically within a day means within the next 24 hours…