Mizzou C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Mizzou require Fall transcripts before decisions?
Will require Fall by February (ish) and Spring before you matriculate into the class!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, good luck to everyone who’s moving forward!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection, good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejection :( congrats to everyone else!! KILL IT AT THE INTERVIEW!!!!

• Care
OOS Interview!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys feel like being in-person has an advantage compared to zoom? its kind $$$ for oos but I'm kinda leaning toward it

Oos rejection! Good luck everyone❤️

• Care
OOS interview invite. I can’t believe it. I’m gonna faint 😭

• Love
Wondering this too!
I’ve heard Kstate said there’s no difference for them. I don’t think schools can give you and advantage for going in person because that’s a financial difference

Does anyone know how many people get interviewed? I can’t find any information on it

OOS rejection, good luck to everyone moving forward <3

• Care
I’ve heard Kstate said there’s no difference for them. I don’t think schools can give you and advantage for going in person because that’s a financial difference
I figured ethically they wouldn’t give people bonus points for being in-person. I just wonder if interviewers are more likely to have a better/well-rounded impression in person.

I’m just indecisive lol

OOS interview invite! Does anyone have statistics on the post-interview acceptance rate in previous years? Any sample interview questions for practice?

• Love
OOS interview invite! SOOOO EXCITED!!!

• Love
First and foremost I want to give a huge congratulations to everyone, no matter if you were selected for an interview or not you poured your heart and soul (and I'm sure at some points blood, sweat, and tears 😅) into applying to guess what professional school! That is a HUGE feat in itself and no matter the outcome you all should be extremely proud of yourselves. Those not selected, this is not the end of the road, I am sure you applied to several other schools that would absolutely love to have you as apart of their next class. It is not a matter of if you get in, it's a matter of when you get in..because word to the wise if you want this bad enough it WILL happen, maybe not in the way you may think but it WILL happen so hold onto that grit and determination I know you all have.

For those selected for an interview kudos to you and a massive congratulations. Getting to this stage in the game is no easy feat so you should be incredibly proud of yourselves just like I am!

I tend to get wordy so I apologize in advance for this extremely long (but hopefully useful message 😂)... let's get into it!

I will first preface by saying that what I am about to say reflects what happened last year/cycle, meaning I cannot not gurantee this is how things will happen this year so please take what I say with a grain of salt 😉.

As a confidentiality rule for all programs we are not allowed to share specific interview questions with each other..so I can't do that but I can tell you the interview is an open book and panel with 3 scoring interviewers and 1 non scoring (will be the dean of academic affairs most likely). At least this is how it has been for years and was for us last year. Because the interview is open book hint hint this means that you WILL be asked questions based off your application. Make sure you know that front and back and every which way so you are prepared. You will be asked a couple general interview questions as well but most will be specific talking points from your app. The committee is not and does not want to trick you, they want you to succeed and are secretly rooting for you, so remember that when/if you get flustered! The interview is very individualized to each applicant cause they want to get to know YOU. If they have specific questions about something on your app such as a large quantity of hours in a category they will most likely ask you clarifying questions to make sure it is true.

Dress to impress..even if you are doing virtual make sure you are wearing business/formal attire that makes you look like the professional you want to be seen as. After all this is professional school and no walk in the park. So make sure the interviewers know who you are and that you are serious about this and the program in general.

Leading me to my next point, please, please, please research the school..no what we stand for and the type of program we have and what that means as we are not an ordinary school like most.

Tip for interviews, make them laugh. You make them laugh they will remember you...you want them to remember you in a positive way before you leave the room.

Tip in general although no one has an advantage in the type of interview route they choose I highly, HIGHLY recommend if you can swing it especially as as OOS applicant please come in person! I promise you will get so much more out of it. I'm an ambassador for the program so myself as well as my other future colleagues will be there to ease some nerves, welcome you to the MIZ family, and make your interview experience memorable. If they do things like last year for in person you will either have your interview in the morning or in the afternoon. In between interviews there will be a banquet, congratulatory info session and then a Q+A with ambassadors. We will be giving several tours of the school and hospital throughout the day as well so bring questions, we LOVE when you guys ask questions, makes the tour more personable and fun 😊.

Good or bad news, academics no longer will play a role in decisions, once you get to the interview stage you past the academic cut. Out of the 1500+ of applicants typically 3-400 are selected for an interview so percentage wise you made it to the top 25%! Because academics no longer play a part however..interviews are a HUGE chunk of your overall score. You will get a score from each scoring interviewer they are totaled together and added to your overall and you are ranked and the top applicants with the highest scores will be offered a seat in the program. Not sure how many they offer but to give you a good idea in the class of 2027 there are 129 of us total with a mix of OOS and IS.

Overall Mizzou was my highest stress interview solely based on this was my top program and I wanted in so bad, this may not be the case for you and that's okay! Even though it was the highest stress it was also the most welcoming and memorable interview, so glad I went in person, just enhances the experience and gets you more excited.

After interviews in between decisions you will begin to receive quite a bit of communication from the school as they will host several virtual sessions for applicants, those being q+a with ambassadors, meeting faculty etc. So don't stop looking at your email!

Okay..that was A LOT sorry 😅 I'm a little chatty. I hope this alleviated some nerves and gave you a bit more info about how things will run. If there is anything you still have questions on please let me know and DM me on here.

And once again congratulations, you 100% deserve it!! This indicates they want to see what you can bring to the program, they already like you, now's your chance to sell it! 🖤💛🐯

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
First and foremost I want to give a huge congratulations to everyone, no matter if you were selected for an interview or not you poured your heart and soul (and I'm sure at some points blood, sweat, and tears 😅) into applying to guess what professional school! That is a HUGE feat in itself and no matter the outcome you all should be extremely proud of yourselves. Those not selected, this is not the end of the road, I am sure you applied to several other schools that would absolutely love to have you as apart of their next class. It is not a matter of if you get in, it's a matter of when you get in..because word to the wise if you want this bad enough it WILL happen, maybe not in the way you may think but it WILL happen so hold onto that grit and determination I know you all have.

For those selected for an interview kudos to you and a massive congratulations. Getting to this stage in the game is no easy feat so you should be incredibly proud of yourselves just like I am!

I tend to get wordy so I apologize in advance for this extremely long (but hopefully useful message 😂)... let's get into it!

I will first preface by saying that what I am about to say reflects what happened last year/cycle, meaning I cannot not gurantee this is how things will happen this year so please take what I say with a grain of salt 😉.

As a confidentiality rule for all programs we are not allowed to share specific interview questions with each other..so I can't do that but I can tell you the interview is an open book and panel with 3 scoring interviewers and 1 non scoring (will be the dean of academic affairs most likely). At least this is how it has been for years and was for us last year. Because the interview is open book hint hint this means that you WILL be asked questions based off your application. Make sure you know that front and back and every which way so you are prepared. You will be asked a couple general interview questions as well but most will be specific talking points from your app. The committee is not and does not want to trick you, they want you to succeed and are secretly rooting for you, so remember that when/if you get flustered! The interview is very individualized to each applicant cause they want to get to know YOU. If they have specific questions about something on your app such as a large quantity of hours in a category they will most likely ask you clarifying questions to make sure it is true.

Dress to impress..even if you are doing virtual make sure you are wearing business/formal attire that makes you look like the professional you want to be seen as. After all this is professional school and no walk in the park. So make sure the interviewers know who you are and that you are serious about this and the program in general.

Leading me to my next point, please, please, please research the school..no what we stand for and the type of program we have and what that means as we are not an ordinary school like most.

Tip for interviews, make them laugh. You make them laugh they will remember you...you want them to remember you in a positive way before you leave the room.

Tip in general although no one has an advantage in the type of interview route they choose I highly, HIGHLY recommend if you can swing it especially as as OOS applicant please come in person! I promise you will get so much more out of it. I'm an ambassador for the program so myself as well as my other future colleagues will be there to ease some nerves, welcome you to the MIZ family, and make your interview experience memorable. If they do things like last year for in person you will either have your interview in the morning or in the afternoon. In between interviews there will be a banquet, congratulatory info session and then a Q+A with ambassadors. We will be giving several tours of the school and hospital throughout the day as well so bring questions, we LOVE when you guys ask questions, makes the tour more personable and fun 😊.

Good or bad news, academics no longer will play a role in decisions, once you get to the interview stage you past the academic cut. Out of the 1500+ of applicants typically 3-400 are selected for an interview so percentage wise you made it to the top 25%! Because academics no longer play a part however..interviews are a HUGE chunk of your overall score. You will get a score from each scoring interviewer they are totaled together and added to your overall and you are ranked and the top applicants with the highest scores will be offered a seat in the program. Not sure how many they offer but to give you a good idea in the class of 2027 there are 129 of us total with a mix of OOS and IS.

Overall Mizzou was my highest stress interview solely based on this was my top program and I wanted in so bad, this may not be the case for you and that's okay! Even though it was the highest stress it was also the most welcoming and memorable interview, so glad I went in person, just enhances the experience and gets you more excited.

After interviews in between decisions you will begin to receive quite a bit of communication from the school as they will host several virtual sessions for applicants, those being q+a with ambassadors, meeting faculty etc. So don't stop looking at your email!

Okay..that was A LOT sorry 😅 I'm a little chatty. I hope this alleviated some nerves and gave you a bit more info about how things will run. If there is anything you still have questions on please let me know and DM me on here.

And once again congratulations, you 100% deserve it!! This indicates they want to see what you can bring to the program, they already like you, now's your chance to sell it! 🖤💛🐯
Hi,
I have had the opportunity to do an interviews at another vet school in person due to it being in-state. I really enjoyed it due to it being more personal and learning more about the school. In the email it states "In-person interview days will include tours, lunch with faculty and students, and a student question and answer session. Those who opt for Zoom interviews will have the opportunity for remote question and answer sessions with both the Dean and faculty and another with our students." While this was the information given to us, do you know if they happen to have a virtual tour. I really wanted to experience in person interviews for the programs that invited me because I feel like I would a get a different experience knowing how the school looks like, the environment etc yet the cost is what is troubling me. I also know that my nerves were able to died down due to talking to other applicants in person. One last question do they send the decision of acceptance/denied all at the same time or do they do rolling admissions? My goal is to learn all about the schools in order to choose the best one for me so any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,
I have had the opportunity to do an interviews at another vet school in person due to it being in-state. I really enjoyed it due to it being more personal and learning more about the school. In the email it states "In-person interview days will include tours, lunch with faculty and students, and a student question and answer session. Those who opt for Zoom interviews will have the opportunity for remote question and answer sessions with both the Dean and faculty and another with our students." While this was the information given to us, do you know if they happen to have a virtual tour. I really wanted to experience in person interviews for the programs that invited me because I feel like I would a get a different experience knowing how the school looks like, the environment etc yet the cost is what is troubling me. I also know that my nerves were able to died down due to talking to other applicants in person. One last question do they send the decision of acceptance/denied all at the same time or do they do rolling admissions? My goal is to learn all about the schools in order to choose the best one for me so any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated :)
I'm sure if you email admissions either Kathy Seay or our recruiter Doug Tindall they would be able to set up a virtual tour with one of the ambassadors...I have never conducted a virtual tour before ao I cannot gurantee this but your best bet would be to email or call and ask to see if we would be able to accommodate this!

As far as your concern with money goes, coming from an OOS student myself, it is a large amount however all applicants once accepted and have put their deposit down will receive info to submit a scholarship application which basically consists of a few multiple choice questions (no essays) and you are put into the pool for scholarship consideration, some merit based (top ranked applicants), some career based (such as working in a less popular area of vet med such as food animal medicine) etc. there are also loans as well as federal student loans (FAFSA) that are there for support, you will work with our amazing financial aid advisor Manda Riley, to help with any and all things money!
A nice perk about mizzou which is only available at some schools is that we are able to establish residency between our 1st and 2nd year in the program. Which for OOS students is huge as this means after establishing residency we now pay IS tuition, dropping our cost roughly 40k.

I can't say for this year but last year everyone received their decision (accepted, rejected, waitlisted) at the same time. Our's came out the morning of March 1st. I will say interviews appear to be much earlier from what I've seen this year so this could definitely be different for you guys.

Hope this helps!

I'm interviewing in person, any recommendations on what hotel is best and reasonably priced to stay at is appreciated! I'm nervous, but very excited!

Depends on what is available and whichever one has a promo going on! I went with Quality Inn & Suites Columbia I-70. $160 for 2 nights and campus is about 10 minutes from the hotel. I used the Google hotel search tool as a jumping ground.

I am wondering about the taxi thing though. My departing flight from COU is at 7:00AM. Any reliable taxi services for the early morning?

Is there anyone who hasn't received an invite or rejection? I'm still waiting on an update.

Depends on what is available and whichever one has a promo going on! I went with Quality Inn & Suites Columbia I-70. $160 for 2 nights and campus is about 10 minutes from the hotel. I used the Google hotel search tool as a jumping ground.

I am wondering about the taxi thing though. My departing flight from COU is at 7:00AM. Any reliable taxi services for the early morning?
I highly recommend Uber! I've used them for many different occasions; some of which were at airports. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for an Uber(while at an airport). If you are considering Uber and don't already have an account with them, I recommend getting set up now so that you can be verified in the next few weeks. Hope this helps :)

Hi yall,

I just wanted to make sure that Missouri is in central standard time? As of right now I have a zoom interview for Jan 10 at 2:45pm. I looked it up on google and it says that Missouri is one hour ahead of me . I live in Arizona therefore right now it is 11:35am and if google is telling the correct information then its 12:35 pm over there lol . I just want to make sure that I should log on for my interview at 1:45pm for myself, according to the central standard time system in Missouri. thank you!!

Also I am a little confused on this part of the email "We ask that you send your grades prior to January 1, 2024, for any courses taken during the Spring/Summer/Fall 2023, that were not already reported to VMCAS. This does not have to be an official record. " On VMCAS I reported the classes that I am taking currently for the fall and that I am planning to take for the spring. Obviously I would not have any grades for the spring quite yet but my question is once I finish the fall semester with my grades. Do I need to send a transcript over since my grades updated this fall or I should be fine since I already indicated on vmcas that I planned to take these course but grades were still on the work at the time? hopefully this makes sense

Last edited:
Hi yall,

I just wanted to make sure that Missouri is in central standard time? As of right now I have a zoom interview for Jan 10 at 2:45pm. I looked it up on google and it says that Missouri is one hour ahead of me . I live in Arizona therefore right now it is 11:35am and if google is telling the correct information then its 12:35 pm over there lol . I just want to make sure that I should log on for my interview at 1:45pm for myself, according to the central standard time system in Missouri. thank you!!

Also I am a little confused on this part of the email "We ask that you send your grades prior to January 1, 2024, for any courses taken during the Spring/Summer/Fall 2023, that were not already reported to VMCAS. This does not have to be an official record. " On VMCAS I reported the classes that I am taking currently for the fall and that I am planning to take for the spring. Obviously I would not have any grades for the spring quite yet but my question is once I finish the fall semester with my grades. Do I need to send a transcript over since my grades updated this fall or I should be fine since I already indicated on vmcas that I planned to take these course but grades were still on the work at the time? hopefully this makes sense
I think they want you to send them unofficial transcript for fall semester once you receive your grades, they not only want to see the classes that you indicated on VMCAS but also the grades you received.

Hi yall,

Yep! You got the times right, currently for us as I'm typing this it is 3:29pm.
As for grades they just want to see what grades you got for whatever classes you took for Fall semester so they can add those to your running score prior to interviews. So you won't have a final transcript to send until after you graduate as they'll want to see the degree completion on the final as well as your spring grades. Final transcripts won't be due till sometime in the summer after offers and waitlists are extended.

Keep the questions coming everyone these are great!

Just got an email about interviews. They last 15 minutes?! I don't know whether to be relieved or whether to be intimidated that so much is reliant on a 15 minute impression.

Just got an email about interviews. They last 15 minutes?! I don't know whether to be relieved or whether to be intimidated that so much is reliant on a 15 minute impression.
I know! That seems so short!

Also, does anyone know if it's worth being there the entire day if my interview in the afternoon? I want to make it to the lunch and do a tour for sure, but hoping I wouldn't miss anything important in the morning.

I know! That seems so short!

Also, does anyone know if it's worth being there the entire day if my interview in the afternoon? I want to make it to the lunch and do a tour for sure, but hoping I wouldn't miss anything important in the morning.
My interview went for what seemed like 20-25 minutes, could have been shorter due to the adrenaline but I will say once you are selected to interview your application has a deep dive done and panelists will have specific questions written up prior to your interview that they need clarification about, or want to know regarding specific experiences you've had. Everything is very specific to each individual applicant, minus a couple general questions that everyone is asked at the end of the interview.
I promise even though the interview seems short, they will already know a lot about you before you even walk into the room. Don't let it intimidate you but you will see your application printed out in front of each panelist with notes upon notes written down. They already like you and want you as part of the class, now's your chance to sell it! 🙂

If you have a morning interview you will be interviewing and then have lunch/panel after with tours to follow, if you are in the afternoon group you will have your tours when the morning group is doing their interviews. So you don't necessarily have to be there the whole time start to finish, but just make sure if you want to do a tour you are at the school a little bit prior to when that tour is scheduled.
For context I had a morning interview, and afterwards I went back to my hotel to refresh myself..and breathe 😅. Then we came back towards noon for the lunch/panel and I stayed and did a tour after while the afternoon group interviewed. Tours will start at 8:30am and go all the way until 5pm, with a break in the middle for lunch (12-1:30p) so you can do a tour whenever you want really, and come back to the school if you need a break at anytime!

My Mizzou interview was in combo my highest stress but also most relaxed interview. MU was my dream school so I just put a lot of pressure on myself, but overall it is very conversational and you will be able to tell they really care about you as an individual, you are more than just a number here.

Those that have interviews in person the 20th or 21st, I'll be there rooting you guys on! 🥳💛🖤. Won't be able to make it to the 1st weekend but ya'll are going to kick butt too!
Deep breaths, you guys got this!

My interview went for what seemed like 20-25 minutes, could have been shorter due to the adrenaline but I will say once you are selected to interview your application has a deep dive done and panelists will have specific questions written up prior to your interview that they need clarification about, or want to know regarding specific experiences you've had. Everything is very specific to each individual applicant, minus a couple general questions that everyone is asked at the end of the interview.
I promise even though the interview seems short, they will already know a lot about you before you even walk into the room. Don't let it intimidate you but you will see your application printed out in front of each panelist with notes upon notes written down. They already like you and want you as part of the class, now's your chance to sell it! 🙂

If you have a morning interview you will be interviewing and then have lunch/panel after with tours to follow, if you are in the afternoon group you will have your tours when the morning group is doing their interviews. So you don't necessarily have to be there the whole time start to finish, but just make sure if you want to do a tour you are at the school a little bit prior to when that tour is scheduled.
For context I had a morning interview, and afterwards I went back to my hotel to refresh myself..and breathe 😅. Then we came back towards noon for the lunch/panel and I stayed and did a tour after while the afternoon group interviewed. Tours will start at 8:30am and go all the way until 5pm, with a break in the middle for lunch (12-1:30p) so you can do a tour whenever you want really, and come back to the school if you need a break at anytime!

My Mizzou interview was in combo my highest stress but also most relaxed interview. MU was my dream school so I just put a lot of pressure on myself, but overall it is very conversational and you will be able to tell they really care about you as an individual, you are more than just a number here.

Those that have interviews in person the 20th or 21st, I'll be there rooting you guys on! 🥳💛🖤. Won't be able to make it to the 1st weekend but ya'll are going to kick butt too!
Deep breaths, you guys got this!
I've been following this thread and have finally joined, as I am interviewing on Jan. 20th. Will we be getting an itinerary ahead of time for our interview weekend? Will there be an introduction to our panelists?

Also random question, but I will be staying at a hotel with my husband and dog, so would it be okay if he attended lunch with me? He will be making a commitment by moving to Columbia as well if I get in; I thought it might be nice if he can come on the tour and attend lunch too.

I am so excited, but also nervous. The vets and other techs at work have offered to help me practice interview questions, so I hope it helps!

I've been following this thread and have finally joined, as I am interviewing on Jan. 20th. Will we be getting an itinerary ahead of time for our interview weekend? Will there be an introduction to our panelists?

Also random question, but I will be staying at a hotel with my husband and dog, so would it be okay if he attended lunch with me? He will be making a commitment by moving to Columbia as well if I get in; I thought it might be nice if he can come on the tour and attend lunch too.

I am so excited, but also nervous. The vets and other techs at work have offered to help me practice interview questions, so I hope it helps!
I got an email from Mizzou earlier today with an itinerary. Maybe it went to your spam? It says "guests accompanying you on your visit welcome" under the Buffet Lunch so I'm sure your husband could come along!

Anyone who is planning on doing the virtual interview know how those usually go? Is there a tour/panel component to that as well?

Sounds like you all got an itinerary earlier today? It's potential you will get yours closer to the 20th and the email went out to those that are emailing that 1st weekend, but unsure! When you check in for your interview and get your name badge we will also give you an itinerary for the day.
Yes! He is more than welcome to attend lunch/panel/tour with you, and can wait in the lounge area for you while you are doing your interview as well if he would like.
That is one of the best things you can do, practice with others whether that be friends, family, current vet students or other applicants.

I am open if anyone is interested in doing a mock interview/videochat over my break prior to the 1st weekend (December 19th-Jan 4th) DM if this is something you are interested in so I can gauge times 🙂

Anyone who is planning on doing the virtual interview know how those usually go? Is there a tour/panel component to that as well?
I believe it is just the interview, but I am not completely sure since I did in person, however we offer tours and class sit ins, meeting with admissions 5 days a week. Just email Doug or Kathy if you are interested in coming down outside of your interview so they cam match you up with one of the ambassadors.

After interviews conclude you will be getting a lot of emails from MU 😅, last year they hosted several zoom's where there were 2 student panels and then a faculty panel as well, so make sure you don't stop checking your emails, you will be bombarded, apologies in advance!

Does mizzou do file reviews? I’m out of state if that matters!

Does mizzou do file reviews? I’m out of state if that matters!
Unfortunately, I don't believe so..just due to the high number of applicants. Never hurts to email but I don't believe they are this year.
I would be happy to review your application and see if I can be of any help though! Just let me know

• Love
Does anyone want to do mock interviews? I figured it would be good practice to talk with strangers since that's how the interview will be.

I will be in Columbia on the 4th and 5th but Zoom is also fine

I’m down to practice mock interviews. Also when do we hear back from Missouri interviews. Do we all hear at the same time and if so what is the time range or do they do rolling admissions ?