Mizzou C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wooo #1 club!! I’m proud to hold the title of “First Loser” of my class.
I wouldn’t say get your hopes to 100%, but I’d still join all the pages and start gathering plans for housing, etc.
What do you mean by “first loser” ?

Members don't see this ad.

When did you find out you were accepted?
Just before decision day. I emailed Kathy around that time because I wanted to make sure they knew I still wanted to be considered and she immediately responded that a spot had opened up.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thank you in advance.
Having a car is strongly advised. You can choose to live near campus, but the apts closest are the most expensive. Apts that are 10-15 mins away are usually better priced. Plus, even a short walk to campus in cold weather can be difficult. I would advise buying a used car wherever you are from. In Columbia, there are slim pickings for good, and reliable cars, and they are also pricey.

Does anyone know if there will be a class facebook page?
Yes! The current class will be making the Facebook page a little bit later on towards decision day. In the meantime I highly recommend joining the group me that one of the other accepted students made so you guys can get to know one another 😊

Group me will be a HUGE part of communication between your class, we use it for everything so now is a good time to start getting used to it!

Anyone know when Mizzou usually starts pulling from the waitlist?
A couple IS were pulled about a week before decision day, and an OOS a day after decision day followed by a handful a week after and then several more OOS a couple weeks after that

For waitlisted folks, you will get a call first. No worries if you don't get to your phone, Kathy will leave a voice-mail to call her back. If you don't that's okay to, an email will be sent later that day or the next with your acceptance. I was in class when I got the call and couldn't answer but called back IMMEDIATELY when I got out to the parking lot.
Heads up, 573 is the area code here 😉

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when Mizzou usually starts pulling from the waitlist?

My year they didn’t pull anyone until the Monday after decision day. We were contacted by email only. I didn’t respond for over a week so they did call me to follow up. The next round that got pulled off received their acceptance email along with a phone call.

Will Mizzou notify waitlisters that they have a spot when someone declines their seat or do they email several people at once? Like will they wait until certain days before notifying applicants?

Will Mizzou notify waitlisters that they have a spot when someone declines their seat or do they email several people at once? Like will they wait until certain days before notifying applicants?
As far as last year went, we got phone calls and then an email a little later in the day. The VM I got when Kathy called since I was in class and couldn't answer she said they were starting to look at the next few waitlisted applicants as they were anticipating a couple students to decline and then offered a place in the class and to give her a call back.

Members don't see this ad :)
New group me link for MIZ class of 2028 as we get closer to D day!
You're invited to join my group "Mizzou 2028" on GroupMe. Use this link to join: GroupMe

Has anyone from the waitlist received any kind of update?
I was told from the office that we won’t be hearing anything until decision day. Kinda sucks because they said we would be contacted “immediately” if any vacancy occurs. Spots have definitely opened up though so stay hopeful!!

As far as last year goes I think 1 maybe and that's pushing it IS waitlisted got off before the deadline. It will really start rolling a few days after the deadline. Best of luck to everyone!

I just got accepted off the IS waitlist this morning:) hoping some others hear back soon!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Going to be declining my OOS seat. Such an insanely hard decision as I loved mizzou but hopefully someone can get good news soon!!

• Care
Declined my OOS a few days ago. Good luck for the waitlist!!

How long after decision day do they usually start calling? This waiting game is killing me

How long after decision day do they usually start calling? This waiting game is killing me
I got mine the week after D day, that next Monday or Tuesday last year! Several calls were made the week after and following. Every year is different though so anything could happen. Hang in there, I know it sucks and the wait is killer ❤️.

They just called to see if I was still interested in my spot because I was getting close on the OOS waitlist. I declined it so I’m hoping you all get good news soon!