"Mommy Track"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wyola

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't flame me.

I'm a girl. And I honored surgery and anesthesia and got some good letters at a good place. And I really like anesthesia, and want to have kids, and be there to raise them. Basically, I have now changed my mind and gone from career woman-minded --> wanting to be a full-time mom with a part time job as an anesthesiologist. I've been a good student my whole life, worked hard, done well, and now my priorities have changed. I don't even really feel bad about it, except that it has put me in this position that probably isn't best for society as a whole. What can I say guys? Biological clock.

Is this possible, working 2-3 days a week after residency, making enough money to pay off my loans in a timely manner and still live an okay lifestyle... I'm not talking Benz's & trips to Paris, but more like an okay home and enough to save some?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll probably get crushed by some for doing this..but I think it's a great plan (and I'm a guy).

Why not..kids need their moms and other than a few other specialities (ER, Radiology, Derm, Path) where can you be a super mom and super doctor - Anesthesia.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to work a few days per week. Can a practice survive with 10 females like you..probably no, but a few can cover a lot of cases daily.

goodluck,
CJ

we have had per diem/locum types at our hospital in the past and will continue to have some in the future and they work schedules similar to this and do fine.

my priorities have changed about 12 times in the last 10 year, and i do not even really have a biological clock, but I can certainly understand where you are coming from.

Members don't see this ad :)
The future is uncertain and it's hard to tell how much autonomy/flexibility we'll have in terms of dictating our terms of employment, but for now there's certainly room for this kind of practice. I spend some time at a large, urban VA, and there's at least one woman who works essentially half-time. Based on what I'm paid full-time, I can guess about what she is paid and it's less than what an average hospitalist makes for the usual week-on-week-off gigs they get.

I would add that our salary is probably higher than the average VA salary because of adjustments for location.

Is that enough? Only you know for sure, but it ain't much after taxes and loans are paid.

Groups are reluctant to hire half-time people because their overhead is the same as if they hire a full-time person (malpractice, benefits, etc), but they only get half the work/billing out of you.

Maybe doing a fellowship would put you in a better position to negotiate and, like with every other aspect of the job search, the more rural/undesirable the area, the more you'll be able to dictate your terms.

I suspect, too, that as we move to a more "employee" model, there might be more room for this kind of position. Perhaps if there's an AMC employee lurking in the wings they can comment on this.

Groups are reluctant to hire half-time people because their overhead is the same as if they hire a full-time person (malpractice, benefits, etc), but they only get half the work/billing out of you.

I suspect, too, that as we move to a more "employee" model, there might be more room for this kind of position. Perhaps if there's an AMC employee lurking in the wings they can comment on this.

If a person is added on as an "independent contractor", the malpractice cost is the only overhead. No bennies but flat-rate pay is the simplest. With an IC part-timer to fill in gaps and holes in the schedule, everyone wins. As my current scheduler (EM) says, "I have 8 prima donnas I have to accommodate every month", and, when you're not one of them, you look very good to the group.

You sure you want anesthesiology? The residency is very brutal at many places...

That being said, yes, if CRNAs can make >115/hr for part-time work, then you can too.

Please don't flame me.

I'm a girl. And I honored surgery and anesthesia and got some good letters at a good place. And I really like anesthesia, and want to have kids, and be there to raise them. Basically, I have now changed my mind and gone from career woman-minded --> wanting to be a full-time mom with a part time job as an anesthesiologist. I've been a good student my whole life, worked hard, done well, and now my priorities have changed. I don't even really feel bad about it, except that it has put me in this position that probably isn't best for society as a whole. What can I say guys? Biological clock.

Is this possible, working 2-3 days a week after residency, making enough money to pay off my loans in a timely manner and still live an okay lifestyle... I'm not talking Benz's & trips to Paris, but more like an okay home and enough to save some?

The best thing for society as a whole is for people to be happy with their life. Anesthesiology is completely doable for someone who wants to be an awesome mom but still have a career. One way to go is to stay at an academic center. At any large tertiary care academic center, there are multiple female attendings that work either part-time for less money (usually 1-2 days/week) or work full time which is just one more day (usually 3 days/week) with 2 non-clinical days-- different everywhere- what you do with your non-clinical days is up to you-- you can work from home, you can dabble in some clinical research, or you can just be with your kids- you won't get promoted, but as long as you're doing great clinical work and show an interest in educating housestaff/fellows you'll keep a job.

Anesthesia residency is rough, but if you want to pop babies out during it, you get through it. I did it, it wasn't easy but was worth it. So if you love anesthesia don't back out simply because you're afraid you can't have a rich family life--you can make whatever you want out of it. Good luck!

Please don't flame me.

Please don't flame me.

I'm a guy.

I went to

The U.

Current day,

Your story sells the fact that

men are different from women.

Not saying one is better than the other.

We are different.

BUT,

don't throw out the biological clock thing

as an

EXCUSE

to running a private practice,

DUDETTE.

I'm a single father.

I could bore you with the challenges I see

DAILY

trying to make it all come together.

Single parent.

REALLY IMPORTANT JOB.

I'm

COMMITTED TO BOTH.

I can tell (Jet the FBI Profiler)

you are looking for a

CLOCK PUNCHING

kinda gig.

Last edited:
The best thing for society as a whole is for people to be happy with their life. Anesthesiology is completely doable for someone who wants to be an awesome mom but still have a career. One way to go is to stay at an academic center. At any large tertiary care academic center, there are multiple female attendings that work either part-time for less money (usually 1-2 days/week) or work full time which is just one more day (usually 3 days/week) with 2 non-clinical days-- different everywhere- what you do with your non-clinical days is up to you-- you can work from home, you can dabble in some clinical research, or you can just be with your kids- you won't get promoted, but as long as you're doing great clinical work and show an interest in educating housestaff/fellows you'll keep a job.

Anesthesia residency is rough, but if you want to pop babies out during it, you get through it. I did it, it wasn't easy but was worth it. So if you love anesthesia don't back out simply because you're afraid you can't have a rich family life--you can make whatever you want out of it. Good luck!

Therein lies one of the problems why anesthesia residencies don't...

day in and day out

produce

ROKKSTARRS.

Last edited:
Therein lies one of the problems why anesthesia residencies don't...

day in and day out

produce

ROKKSTARRS.

Agreed. Jet presents the truth here. Why would part-time physicians ever expect to be anything other than mediocre at best? It's unfortunate that our specialty has allowed the clock punchers to thrive. Who wants a physician that isn't completely dedicated to their work, who doesn't put in the hours to become a ROCKSTAR?

Last edited:
Agreed. Jet presents the truth here. Why would part-time physicians ever expect to be anything other than mediocre at best? It's unfortunate that our specialty has allowed the clock punchers to thrive. Who wants a physician that isn't completely dedicated to their work, who doesn't put in the hours to become a ROCKSTAR?

No rockstars in Europe?

- what you do with your non-clinical days is up to you-- you can work from home, you can dabble in some clinical research, or you can just be with your kids- you won't get promoted, but as long as you're doing great clinical work and show an interest in educating housestaff/fellows you'll keep a job. Good luck!

this is unbelievable. Is this true of every academic institution?

If this is your idea of practicing medicine then we are in trouble as physicians.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
this is unbelievable. Is this true of every academic institution?

If this is your idea of practicing medicine then we are in trouble as physicians.
What's so unbelievable?
What's with all the hate for the mommy track?
Who gives a F what a no call person does when they're off work? Do you really think you're losing skills and not a rockstar only working 7-4, or 4 days a week? You need to work through dinner to be an expert in something? Call sucks, it gives me GERD to do some f'd up case at 2am, not mad skills. Give me a break.
I'm academic, non research track. I don't have to do anything other than teach residents and fellows, give some lectures, get high teaching scores, pick up some admin stuff, and provide outstanding clinical care to get promoted. I could do it working 80% time just as well, or if I stopped taking call all together.
If you don't want a mommy track person in your group just don't hire one. If someone wants to work 70% time for 50% pay, good for them. It's never a fair deal, so it's probably good for me as well.

Last edited:
What's so unbelievable?
Who gives a F what a no call person does when they're off work? Do you really think you're losing skills and not a rockstar only working 7-4, or 4 days a week? You need to work through dinner to be an expert in something? Call sucks, it gives me GERD to do some f'd up case at 2am, not mad skills. Give me a break.
I'm academic, non research track. I don't have to do anything other than teach residents and fellows, give some lectures, get high teaching scores, pick up some admin stuff, and provide outstanding clinical care to get promoted. I could do it working 80% time just as well, or if I stopped taking call all together.
If you don't want a mommy track person in your group just don't hire one.

Whoa dude! I not bashing the "mommy track". I may be bashing the academic one. That is if as an academic you can work 2-3 days a week and then on your non clinical days (what the f*ck is non clinical anyway) which you are compensated for, you are hanging with the kids or whatever. you can be a "Rokkstar" working part time but I believe you do need to put in some significant time prior to being part time. And residency most likely isn't enough. I don't remember who it was that figured out how long a person needs to perform a task to become exceptional but the consensus was 10,000 hrs. I don't know how true this is but it is something to consider.

Is this possible, working 2-3 days a week after residency, making enough money to pay off my loans in a timely manner and still live an okay lifestyle... I'm not talking Benz's & trips to Paris, but more like an okay home and enough to save some?[/QUOTE]

This is so do-able, don't listen to any of these naysaying, fault-finders. PLENTY of people work 2-3 days per week as anesthesiologists. PLENTY. There are enormous opportunities. Don't be persuaded otherwise. I would suggest you'd do a lot better, with a lot less hassle in private practice. Why give the Dean and Chairman 50% when you can keep it for yourself? There are tons of people who work part-time in surgery centers...all kind of centers. My head is going to explode if I continue, there are so many examples. I know two women in my group that work two days a week at $200/hour basically 7-3. There are guys that do it too. I will simply close with YES. And you can be an enormously talented anesthesiologist also. Don't believe otherwise. Pursue your dream. Forget the naysayers.

What's so unbelievable?
If you don't want a mommy track person in your group just don't hire one. If someone wants to work 70% time for 50% pay, good for them. It's never a fair deal, so it's probably good for me as well.

If you come out of residency and immediately go to a "mommy track" at an academic institution,

you are doing the residents a

DISSERVICE.

It takes time and experience in a busy practice to become good at this trade.

In order to turn out top residents, you need

TOP TEACHERS.

Looking back, after about

FIVE YEARS of busy private practice is where I really hit my stride.

You're telling me that a mom can graduate from residency,

IMMEDIATELY

go to Mommy Track,

be a great anesthesiologist and a great teacher to budding residents?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

One man's Rockstar is another's man's Dissolute Waste of a Human Life. Eye of the Beholder, my friend.

I run a very small private practice. I dont know about the whole rockstar thing, but I can tell you that with the current business model I run, the mommy track fits with me very well. There is so much variability in the OR schedule that I am trying to cover that someone who wants to work just prn (especially on short notice) is ideal. Someone who just wants to work half days or a few days a week (I am super busy Tuesday Wednesday Thursday) also fits my needs. I need my full time guys, but that flexibility is key both during the week and seasonally (winters are slammed). Allows me a good quality person in the OR without biting off on a full $360K. A win win for sure.

One man's Rockstar is another's man's Dissolute Waste of a Human Life. Eye of the Beholder, my friend.

Funny, I completely get it.

This is clearly an egofest of academic vs. private practice and PP anesthesiologists are SO much better at their trade because that's all they do day in and day out. If you think that those of us working 3 days a week at an academic institution are doing such a disservice to the residents because we aren't, as you put it, Rokkstars, then why aren't you in academics? Because you want the money. I may only work clinically three days a week, but I make an academic salary, which is a spit in the wind compared to yours. But it's a choice I made. When I'm non-clinical, which apparently needs a definition for some of you so look it up, I am teaching residents and doing research. And those are days I am not actually getting paid for, as you get paid based on your clinical days.

to the original poster, PLEASE don't listen to the naysayers- imfrankie and IlDestriero are correct. It's doable, PP or academic, and you can be great at it.

This is the most narrow minded group of responses on an SDN thread that I've seen in a while. I don't knock those of you in PP, making money, working hard, and practicing excellent anesthesia. So have some mutual respect for those of us who practice excellent anesthesia but decide we have other priorities to balance, including teaching and research.

I don't recall JPP mentioning anything about income here. I don't think he was saying that academic attendings are inferior. What I got from this was that it takes time and experience to be at the top of your game (5 yrs in his experience). I believe he meant that 2-3 days a week as an academic attending especially right out of residency is not the ideal teaching candidate.
I must say that I agree with this.

I once witnessed an old haggard man, face like a tree stump, walking up the street across the train tracks wearing a silver bomber jacket with black suede arms and a decal across the back showing a huge weed leaf with the words "SMOKE DOOB" printed across the top.

If you come out of residency and immediately go to a "mommy track" at an academic institution,you are doing the residents a DISSERVICE.
It takes time and experience in a busy practice to become good at this trade.
In order to turn out top residents, you need
TOP TEACHERS.
Looking back, after about
FIVE YEARS of busy private practice is where I really hit my stride.
You're telling me that a mom can graduate from residency, IMMEDIATELY go to Mommy Track, be a great anesthesiologist and a great teacher to budding residents?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Being an academic dude, seems like you'd care about that kinda s h it.
I didn't say that. It does take a few years after residency to get more clinical skill and judgement, and hone the "spidey sense".
But a couple call days a month in combo with an extra 10 hours a week in the OR is not going to make or break you. I don't know why you're arguing that it does.
Mommy track has nothing to do with becoming a great clinician and educator.
And, as noted above, it can add some flexibility to the practice. A couple people working 7-4 a few days a week are more reliable and easier to schedule than the army of prima donnas who have 10 requests a month and several weekly meetings, etc.

JPP didn't say anything about income. but YOU did.
I don't recall JPP mentioning anything about income here. I don't think he was saying that academic attendings are inferior. What I got from this was that it takes time and experience to be at the top of your game (5 yrs in his experience). I believe he meant that 2-3 days a week as an academic attending especially right out of residency is not the ideal teaching candidate.
I must say that I agree with this.

Whoa dude! I not bashing the "mommy track". I may be bashing the academic one. That is if as an academic you can work 2-3 days a week and then on your non clinical days (what the f*ck is non clinical anyway) which you are compensated for, you are hanging with the kids or whatever. you can be a "Rokkstar" working part time but I believe you do need to put in some significant time prior to being part time. And residency most likely isn't enough. I don't remember who it was that figured out how long a person needs to perform a task to become exceptional but the consensus was 10,000 hrs. I don't know how true this is but it is something to consider.

No I didn't. I just mentioned that you were compensated to hang out with your kids. I never compared salaries or mentioned anything remotely like that.

No I didn't. I just mentioned that you were compensated to hang out with your kids. I never compared salaries or mentioned anything remotely like that.

It depends on how you define compensated. If you are paid for clinical and research time, you do research on your own time anyway. That may be you non clincal day from 8-4 or 2 evenings from 8-midnight. You still have to do what you need to do. Non clinical time is part of the academic job. How it's compensated is as varied as compensation in the private practice world.

It depends on how you define compensated. If you are paid for clinical and research time, you do research on your own time anyway. That may be you non clincal day from 8-4 or 2 evenings from 8-midnight. You still have to do what you need to do. Non clinical time is part of the academic job. How it's compensated is as varied as compensation in the private practice world.

Thanks and I am aware of this. I also agree that research is vital to programs. I'm not bagging on that either. I just never compared income btw private and academic.

Maybe you can clear something up for me. I see many attendings who have research time but never seem to put out any research. How does this work?

Please don't flame me.

I have now changed my mind and gone from career woman-minded --> wanting to be a full-time mom with a part time job as an anesthesiologist.

1) Don't ever begin with an apology or "please don't flame me." And, don't apologize unnecessarily (we women tend to do that often).

2) There are part-timers in anesthesiology. These people don't start out part-time because there are no part-time jobs offered. Most often they have worked full-time for a while, gained trust where they were working and then negotiated going part-time. In my group this involves giving up partnership (even if you are a full partner already) and going back to being an employee.

3) The larger the group, the less likely you'll be missed. Women who juggle a lot of responsibilities including a family will see the beauty in this. Large academic hospitals, large practices, anesthesia management companies and Kaiser have large enough workforces to be somewhat flexible. If you need to take a leave, you won't be missed. If you go to two days a week, you still won't be missed.

There is a cost, of course. As women, we are more likely to choose jobs that allow more time outside work and more flexibility; as a result, more women than men choose to work for AMCs, larger groups, hospitals and academic departments. You will make less money working for these than you would as a partner in a small private practice with 10 MDs. Oftentimes a lot less.

There's nothing wrong with choosing a more flexible job, even though you'll get a lot of flack for it from the guys here who think the best thing for everyone is to work-work-work until you make partnership in a small group and bring in the $$$. But you don't have to do that. You just need to know that every choice has a cost.

Funny, I completely get it.

This is clearly an egofest of academic vs. private practice and PP anesthesiologists are SO much better at their trade because that's all they do day in and day out. .

You missed the point.

The point is if you emerge from residency and immediately go to part time, have you really mastered this craft to the point where you can effectively teach it?

If I'm a resident is that the type of attending I want developing my knowledge base and my skills?

You missed the point.

The point is if you emerge from residency and immediately go to part time, have you really mastered this craft to the point where you can effectively teach it?

If I'm a resident is that the type of attending I want developing my knowledge base and my skills?

One of my favorite attendings liked to say that all new grads should be put in a room to do their own cases and "left to rot" all day, every day. Not to punish or exploit them, but so they'd do lots and lots and lots of cases.

He also didn't favor going directly to a 100% supervision job right out of residency for the same reason.

One of my favorite attendings liked to say that all new grads should be put in a room to do their own cases and "left to rot" all day, every day. Not to punish or exploit them, but so they'd do lots and lots and lots of cases.

He also didn't favor going directly to a 100% supervision job right out of residency for the same reason.

although one could make the argument that you will do lots and lots more cases and see lots and lots more pathology if you are running 3-4 rooms everyday. just another perspective.

Please don't start popping out your kids in residency, your fellow residents will hate you for it because they'll have to pick up your slack from maternal leave, "my newborn is sick...can't make it today", etc.. They won't admit it to your face, but they'll all be thinking it. I think that probably goes for any residency. (Except for OB... OB residents always seem to be pregnant...) If you're going to have them, wait until you're done with your training.

Yet... 4 rooms will give you X4 exposure. So I feel you. :thumbup:

As for the Mommy track thing...

WHO ARE WE TO TELL SOMEONE THEY SHOULDN'T DO A MOMMY TRACK?

YOU PUT IN YOUR TIME.

YOU GO TRHOUGH RESIDENCY. YOU GET IN DEBT.

IT'S YOUR LIFE.

MAYBE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A NURSE.

THAT'S COOL.

NO BEEF HERE.

BE HAPPY. IF BEING AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST WORKING 30HRS A WEEK IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO...

DO IT.

ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

Last edited:
Please don't start popping out your kids in residency, your fellow residents will hate you for it because they'll have to pick up your slack from maternal leave, "my newborn is sick...can't make it today", etc.. They won't admit it to your face, but they'll all be thinking it. I think that probably goes for any residency. (Except for OB... OB residents always seem to be pregnant...) If you're going to have them, wait until you're done with your training.

No, it does not. It depends on the size of the program - absolutely the same way as in PP ( "you won't be missed in a large group"). So if you want to have babies during residency and not cause any pain for co-residents - choose a large program.

Wasn't a big deal in my residency.

Agree. To each his own.

As for the Mommy track thing...

WHO ARE WE TO TELL SOMEONE THEY SHOULDN'T DO A MOMMY TRACK?

YOU PUT IN YOUR TIME.

YOU GO TRHOUGH RESIDENCY. YOU GET IN DEBT.

IT'S YOUR LIFE.

MAYBE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A NURSE.

THAT'S COOL.

NO BEEF HERE.

BE HAPPY. IF BEING AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST WORKING 30HRS A WEEK IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO...

DO IT.

ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

Agree. To each his own.

Unless you're the unfortunate resident being guided by the part time mommy anesthesiologist who's been part time from the start.

Your prowess as a resident is directly proportional to the

prowess of your attendings.

Justify it all you want.

You can't be really good at this gig unless you've spent some formative years after residency mastering what you've learned in residency...and you're justifying bringing in brand new attendings that are part time from the start?! That are gonna be teaching residents??

PLEASE REMIND US WHERE THIS HAPPENS SO MED STUDENTS CAN RANK SAID PROGRAM AT THE BOTTOM.

Residents shouldn't have their careers moulded by

part time mommies.

Please reread post #17.

Last edited:

This is BS--- if you're at a moderate to large program, your absence for two months isn't going to make any meaningful difference among, say, 15 residents in your class (there were 26 in mine). even if you're at a place that does q4 call-- hmm...14 calls-- one extra call per person. Wow, sorry it was such a hurt. Plus, anesthesia is unique in that you have to make the entire two months up to fulfill ACGME requirements-- which isn't the case for all residencies. So you put in all your time by the end.

And hey, they can talk about it all they want behind your back. if you're at the right program, with the right support system, they won't be-- my class was a mix of fathers, single peeps, married folks without kids, and mothers/mothers to be-- and everyone had each other's back. And if they do talk about it, screw them. It's not the olden days of medicine training. You have to live your life as long as you do your job and do it well.

"I can't come in, my newborn is sick"-- GIVE ME A BREAK! If you've come across moms who use this over and over again, they are abusing the system. Part of the compromise you make as a mother in a training program is you have to have a back up plan for any and all emergencies so that you don't have to affect your colleagues repeatedly because of your family life. In three years with two children under 4, I never called out because of my kids or myself and my husband always picked up the slack because it wouldn't affect as many people as my leaving work. For many, that means a nanny, or grandparents closeby, whatever. Of course there are extenuating and emergent circumstances. Which is why I saved that card for when/if I really needed it. Which, thankfully, I never did.

Please don't listen to the likes of the above quoted post. Please and thank you.

Unless you're the resident being guided by the part time mommy anesthesiologist who's been part time from the start.
Your prowess as a resident is directly proportional to the prowess of your attendings. Justify it all you want. Residents shouldn't have their careers moulded by part time mommies.

Perhaps you could propose an amendment to the bylaws at all the universities with academic departments requiring new hires to have 3 years of private practice experience before consideration and requiring them to commit to full time clinical work for at least 3 years.:rolleyes:
Or maybe they'll just hire whomever they want. We have a few 80% faculty, I can think of a few full time ones that don't hold a candle to them clinically.
BTW, full time clinical work could be only 3 days a week, even less if you're a tenure track researcher. Should they get rid of those "part time" folks as well?

As a resident, I recognize that I can learn something (positive, negative, or otherwise) from all of my attendings. As I've proceeded through training and gained knowledge/experience, I've certainly become more discerning about what I pick up from whom. And, of course, there are certain individuals that you learn much more from than others. But I think its short-sighted to think that academic attendings who work less than full time in a clinical setting don't have anything to contribute to resident education.

As a resident, I recognize that I can learn something (positive, negative, or otherwise) from all of my attendings.

Apoo....

Apu-n.gif

;)

I couldn't agree more. It is an experience. The true potential lies in the individual and his/her motivation.

Hey, I'm sure it's residency dependent, the higher the resident n#, the less the offloaded work is felt, I suppose. I'm cool with catching flack on my opinion, but I've just always thought it was generally a bad idea for a woman to plan on having kids during residency. I mean, that's a crucial part of your training and even though I'm a 36yo dude and don't have any kids yet, I can't imagine pregnancy for a female and taking care of a newborn not being distracting from the overwhelming amount of learning and training that's required of you during residency. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, gas residency ain't no cakewalk from what I've heard. I just think it makes your training more difficult than it should be, and I've always though the optimal time to have kids is to wait until after your training is over, not during. You want to finish feeling as prepared as possible, am I right? It seems to me that if there was a strong maternal drive to have kids and the whole family thing while working within the realm of medicine. The PA or NP route makes more sense. I wouldn't want to finish residency feeling distracted and less trained that I should be, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to start private practice as a part-timer. Personally, I've been sick as stink and had all sorts of things happen during my residency but have never called in sick or missed work because I knew others would have to pick up my slack and I just don't believe in doing it. I can remember 3 yrs ago doing a SICU rotation where I completely lost my voice, febrile with some sort of crazy laryngitis/bronchitis for 2 weeks, popping levaquin, on call q3 and just had to whisper really loud. Felt like crapola, but never missed work. Maybe I'm a minority in my philosophy, who knows.

Last edited: