Moonlighting for residents in NYC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anonymous M4

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, old medical student member back as a PGY3 of 4, looking to moonlight next year in NYC. Any leads? I tried to search the forums so apologies if this has been done before. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 
is the pay still not enough in NYC as a resident or do you just have more free time?

Both... I have a family. Rent is nearly one whole paycheck. I've been ok time wise with the odd internal moonlighting shift and it would really help out. As 4's we have a pretty manageable schedule.