Moonlighting "OK" where for OMS residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolfman26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wonderin where you can officially moonlight during your residency? (6 yr programs during med school years) Some program directors dont want it at all and some dont mind. Where if any places allow this and what are your thoughts on the subject? Thank ya.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wonderin where you can officially moonlight during your residency? (6 yr programs during med school years) Some program directors dont want it at all and some dont mind. Where if any places allow this and what are your thoughts on the subject? Thank ya.

Louisville and UCLA come to mind

I'm assuming you're not a OMFS resident yet and are asking either out of curiosity or to help you decide where to apply.

Whether or not moonlighting is permitted should have no impact on where you apply or what programs you rank.

And here's a tip - don't necessarily ask this question on your interview. It means nothing about the program itself and will probably make you seem financially motivated.