More AMCAS Errors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxfudd

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After entering all data and going to the print page:

-My minor does not show up
-My parents' school do not show up
-Various biographical data does not show up

Anyone else having this problem, or should I call AMCAS (as if they don't have enough problems right now in the first place)?

Rephrase: If someone HAS gotten this to show up, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't even get all of my info in! It takes 4 minutes per page on a high speed server. Kudos on getting it in :p

same here... the stupid page takes FOREVER to load up. I think I'm going to wait until they have all the bugs ironed out before I start my app. In the meantime, work on your personal statement.

Members don't see this ad :)
good idea, moo. I'm on revision 5.0, so to speak :)... That is MUCH more productive than waiting for them! I just want to know what my GPA is!!! Ugh!

When I enter my classes (like the ones I just got the grades for today), and go back to edit them, the course number is gone. I have to basically re-enter everything again.

Man, I love this application..........

Jamier, I got that too. I eventually learned just to enter course number dead last and that saved lots of time.

Can anyone get on the AMCAS app? I haven't been able to log in Friday afternoon until Saturday morning. Thanks for your feedback!

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•Jamier, I got that too. I eventually learned just to enter course number dead last and that saved lots of time.•

Thanks rxfudd, I'll try that when I can get it to come back up.

ATC2MD, from what I've read on this forum, nobody is getting through due to problems at AAMCAS. Hopefully they'll get this straightened out real soon.

I'll be following this closely in the next year or so, just to see how AMCAS manages to iron out these issues. Almost always I'd prefer the online apps over paper for the convenience, but not if it's going to be *this* slow and as bugged as it seems to be....

:mad: I too, have had difficulty with this process. Have any of you have an error message come up after you type in your mailing addresses? I cannot even continue until this is resolved and I am only 4-5 questions into section one. Is the paper version available yet, and if so how do I obtain one (I did not see anything on the AAMC website about a paper version)? Thanks guys and I really hope this gets better for all of us.

MedPuck,

I have also had problems after entering my mailing address. While it's crappy that it's happening, it's good to know I'm not the only one. It hasn't even been a week into the process, and I'm already fed up.

I also cannot get past the screen of entering my address in the biographic section. I've tried several different computers with several different versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape connected via different internet connections but can't seem to get past that screen without receiving an error. I've contacted AAMC/AMCAS but have not received a reply. I suppose I'll just keep trying.

I wrote to the AMCAS people and this is what they said:

Please accept our apologies regarding the delay in accessing and using the AMCAS Web Application. As with all web-based systems, the AMCAS application is subject to performance fluctuations due to application load, general internet traffic, your modem or connection speed, as well as issues outside AMCAS control that might arise with your Internet Service Provider.

At times the application may perform slowly or be unavailable to additional users based on the number of applicants already in the system. If you experience such problems, we recommend that you try again at a later time. Based on initial usage, early morning hours may be most optimal.

EARLY MORNING HOURS???? HELLO? It's just as bad! What's scaring me is that they think that this is not a problem and that they are not going to do anything about it.

Everyone getting bizzare error messages should probably check their Netscape/IE versions. AMCAS requires Netscape 4.75 and IE 5.0 - error messages may be the result of improper browser version.

It is interesting to note that AMCAS works about 25-30% faster through Opera (I tried it on version 5.10 and each page loaded in 1 min 35 sec on average as opposed to Netscape's or IE's 2 min 18 sec and 2 min 12 sec averages, respectively - not much, but it's something).