• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

More COMLEX PE Questions

FlyingShamu

5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2012
  1. Medical Student
A few miscellaneous questions for those who have taken the test, or just know more about it than I do:

-when do you wash your hands- before you shake, or before the physical exam? or both?

-could there be pediatric cases, patient accompanied by family member, or phone interviews?

-for the plan, you write diagnostic workups along with pain control, medication, omm, follow-up appts etc...right? (I've been reading the USMLE book that ONLY lists diagnostic tests, so just want to be sure)

-any recommendations on where to eat near the residence inn and is traffic bad getting from airport to residence inn/testing center?

-ladies- what did you wear- skirt or pants? nice blouse, or strictly button ups?

bleeker10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
GA
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A few miscellaneous questions for those who have taken the test, or just know more about it than I do:

-when do you wash your hands- before you shake, or before the physical exam? or both?

Before the physical exam only. I used the foam sanitizer

-could there be pediatric cases, patient accompanied by family member, or phone interviews?

No infant/toddler/adolescent patients. Had one patient who was in high school but the actor was over 18. All the actors have to be 18 or older.

-for the plan, you write diagnostic workups along with pain control, medication, omm, follow-up appts etc...right? (I've been reading the USMLE book that ONLY lists diagnostic tests, so just want to be sure)

Yes I would write any meds, any necessary OMM, diagnostic tests, follow up visits. I would also write something to the akin of "if problem X continues to persist, consider consultation to X specialty." For meds, I wouldn't say "antibiotic". I would say pencillin, macrolide, fluoroquinolone, etc. For diagnostic tests I would say CBC, BMP, CMP, TSH, CXR, RUQ US, etc. Be specific so the grader knows why you order the test.

I never wrote down the diagnosis of my osteopathic exam findings. I would just write myofascial release, sinus effleurage. I passed.

-any recommendations on where to eat near the residence inn and is traffic bad getting from airport to residence inn/testing center?

I named my price on priceline and got a hotel for about $80 that was 15-20 minutes away. I can't comment on getting from the airport to the testing center since I drove.

-ladies- what did you wear- skirt or pants? nice blouse, or strictly button ups?

Well I'm a guy so I can't contribute much other than saying the women in my group wore both.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.