More CSU out of state waitlisters contacted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowcat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Any CSU out of state waitlisters contacted recently??

Members don't see this ad.

I was the 8th alternate on the list and they contacted me by phone on the 18th or 19th of this month. I turned it down, though.

I contacted CSU recently and they told me I had a good shot of getting an acceptance this year. They told me that they wouldn't know for sure until early summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
mammalmama said:
I contacted CSU recently and they told me I had a good shot of getting an acceptance this year. They told me that they wouldn't know for sure until early summer.

Early summer?? I think I am in the same boat as you and it is so stressful, especially if you are looking at moving across the country. When I learned I was on CSU waiting list in Jan, I didn't think I really had a chance at actually getting in this year and went on getting my stuff ready to reapply for next cycle. I didn't know the odds for someone getting in off a waiting list. It was only recently that I contacted the school about my rank etc. and learned that I am only a few more people off from the numbers they were contacting last week! I was shocked (and happy)! But now I feel completely in limbo and can't focus on anything anymore except moving to CO and going to vet school (for this year).

How do you deal with applying for loans, financial aid etc and planning a move across the country in only a months time (assuming you don't get an offer until, say June or July)?? Don't get me wrong. To get an acceptance at any point would be wonderful! I'm just venting about the stress alternates on the edge face. :eek:

For those alternates that did receive an offer, do they give you a deadline to decide or want you to make the decision immediately?

Thanks for reading! :)

They give you an unofficial offer over the phone/email. If you are interested, they then mail you an official offer and give you two weeks to decide. Hope that helps! I was told by Dr. Steward that last year they went up to about #80 on the out of state alternate list. Good luck!

I received a call/e-mail today with an offer. I do not know what my rank on the alternate list was, but I am out of state/not WICHE.
I am going to turn the offer down.

wishes said:
I received a call/e-mail today with an offer. I do not know what my rank on the alternate list was, but I am out of state/not WICHE.
I am going to turn the offer down.

Thanks for the updates! It helps to hear they are still moving through the list and how they go about it.

I was contacted earlier this week (the 3rd or so) and offered a position at CSU. I was told that I was pretty high up on the waiting list and was suprised to receive an invitation so soon. Now that decision is if I want to pay the "non-sponsered" tuition there. Yikes! An extra $25,000 every year for the next four years?!!!! That's a tough choice!

I received my acceptance phone call and e-mail today. I'm keeping it. It's the only school that I got accepted too. I'm very happy.