More HPSP Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbmedquestions

Reaction score
Just a few more questions about HPSP:

Firstly, I just submitted secondaries. I am planning on applying for HPSP this cycle upon getting an acceptance. When (e.g. what month in 2022) should I talk to a recruiter? Is there a hard deadline?

Secondly, although I am a natural born US citizen, my parents are naturalized US citizens who were born in China, and my grandparents live in China and are Chinese nationals. They are all retired, and I don't think any of them are involved in the Chinese government. I rarely even talk to them, and the last time I visited was in 2016. I have no other Chinese contacts. Would this affect my ability to get a security clearance (I think you need a secret clearance)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Talk to a recruiter early. They will let you know how early or late you can submit.

Nothing that you can change about your family at this point. If issues arise during security clearance process they will be sorted out and investigated. If everything checks out you'll be good to go.