This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which is cheaper?

• Total voters

Megazeroxuxm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I have been lucky enough to be chosen by two schools, but at the same time it has given me some headache because I am sitting here calculating the real cost of dental school.

I understand that on paper the MOSDOH one is cheaper by about 40k (projected, for some reason they don't have the cost for their D4 yet) but I would also like to factor in cost of living.

I believe that living in kirksville will be cheaper than downer grove but I believe the D3 and D4 will be spent in St. Louis which is a big city and most likely be more costly.

Does anyone with more experience or tips on how to calculate this kind of thing chimes in for a fellow Sdner?

Also anyone from Mosdoh or Asdoh would like to chime in any "hidden" costs or things that you'll have to buy that aren't listed on the estimated costs papers?

Lastly, anyone know if some scholarships are exclusive to anyone of these schools? Thank you so much!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks but for some reason those expense sheets still doesn't include the D4 costs. Are you a current mosdoh student?

No, I'm not (I might be in the entering class, though -- same as you). You can extrapolate costs from that sheet; you'll likely be off by a few grand but it shouldn't change much. Costs usually decline over D1,D2,D3,D4 and the living expense jump (kirksville -> St. Louis) you're worried about is presented in that data sheet. Looking over the sheet itself, the living expenses area seems to be pretty generous with the current allotment.

I would highly doubt the 40k gap would be breached regardless of the situation.

Reactions: 1 user
No, I'm not (I might be in the entering class, though -- same as you). You can extrapolate costs from that sheet; you'll likely be off by a few grand but it shouldn't change much. Costs usually decline over D1,D2,D3,D4 and the living expense jump (kirksville -> St. Louis) you're worried about is presented in that data sheet. Looking over the sheet itself, the living expenses area seems to be pretty generous with the current allotment.

I would highly doubt the 40k gap would be breached regardless of the situation.

Oh cool, which schools are you choosing from, and what would be the pros and cons of mosdoh? If you don't mind me asking.