Most beatiful medical school campuses in the country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a43da0fe-1de6-4ba4-9296-43727a0de597

UNECOM. Some of the professors dock their sailboats right next to the school.
I was just there. Took the long way to Bar Harbor just to visit the campus. They have a building with seals, with their whiskery faces!! You can go for a jog past adorable cottages and run out to an island at low tide. Count me in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was just there. Took the long way to Bar Harbor just to visit the campus. They have a building with seals, with their whiskery faces!! You can go for a jog past adorable cottages and run out to an island at low tide. Count me in!
I lived in an awesome five bedroom house on Biddeford Pool for less than a closet would cost in Manhattan. And you can do the seal release a couple times a year and either watch or help send the seals back into the wild, it's super cute.

Reactions: 2 users
I lived in an awesome five bedroom house on Biddeford Pool for less than a closet would cost in Manhattan. And you can do the seal release a couple times a year and either watch or help send the seals back into the wild, it's super cute.
I have a recurring dream that I get a Texas MD acceptance and a UNE DO acceptance and I have to choose between happiness and "what's better for your career". I choose happiness.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Tennessee Health Science Center is smack-dab in the middle of Memphis, with their buildings still from the 1960's. Ugliest I've seen in-person. They're trying to renovate and put up new buildings, but it's so damn slow... the medical district is just a few blocks away from downtown and the only way they could get it done in decent time is if they did it at night...

Education is amazing though

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! And I thought Dartmouth was the best!

Is there any plan for a MD school in that corner of the world?

Emorys is pretty beautiful.

USC Greenville I think is the best I've seen. The anatomy lab has floor to ceiling Windows, each station has a 40 inch touch screen TV, and the table is surrounded by vents that suck away the formaldehyde smell. They also have many of the walls made of frosted glass or white board paint, as well as many of the tables so you can literally draw wherever you want

For the price of their tuition it better be!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not both?!
3865388-0998529851-tumbl.gif

Well if two schools were identical but one had a nicer looking campus then yes.. but that's rarely the case. Its just not a determining factor for me beyond certain scenarios.

The Univ. of Utah is pretty sweet
HSC Aerial North New Web.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Who cares what a school looks like from a helicopter view when you spend 99% of your time inside?

Who cares what a school looks like from a helicopter view when you spend 99% of your time inside?
I would change this to, "Who cares what a school looks like from a helicopter view when you spend 100% of your time on the ground?"

That UCSF photo looks really cool, but walking around it probably just looks like any other city block. Now, cities certainly have their own allure, but concrete is not what I would call "beautiful."
As for HMS... having lived a couple blocks away, I don't even understand how it's in this discussion. They have a lawn with a few trees, but otherwise it's just a few buildings in Mission Hill. Call it LMA all you want, it's still Mission Hill.
upload_2016-8-29_12-48-39.png

Otherwise, hurray for the three other NE schools that do belong on this list :D

so...who wants to come to University of Hawaii with me?

JABSOM_Pano_Brizzi-2014.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
^ bump. I won't let this thread die - I enjoy looking at the pictures that people post too much. Anybody else know of any cool campuses?

I second UNECOM:

cropped-aerialcropped.jpg

alfondcenter.jpg

Since we're doing helicopter views. I present, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College,

faculty_650.png

6002050639_ce881b3597_b.jpg

And Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

317dqup.jpg

Now if they would just send me my damn II...

Reactions: 8 users
Questionable post there^

I respect their lifestyle, but living in Utah means living by their rules. Utah(TM) is run by Mormons, for Mormons. Its kind of like moving to certain Middle Eastern countries. Wouldn't recommend it in most cases.

I respect their lifestyle, but living in Utah means living by their rules. Utah(TM) is run by Mormons, for Mormons. Its kind of like moving to certain Middle Eastern countries. Wouldn't recommend it in most cases.

True. Thanks for that clarification.

For more on this, I recommend everyone watch the movie SLC Punks

Wait, did someone just invoke Burnett's Law on page 2 of a med school picture thread?! Gotta love sdn :laugh:

I would change this to, "Who cares what a school looks like from a helicopter view when you spend 100% of your time on the ground?"

That UCSF photo looks really cool, but walking around it probably just looks like any other city block. Now, cities certainly have their own allure, but concrete is not what I would call "beautiful."
As for HMS... having lived a couple blocks away, I don't even understand how it's in this discussion. They have a lawn with a few trees, but otherwise it's just a few buildings in Mission Hill. Call it LMA all you want, it's still Mission Hill.
View attachment 208542

Otherwise, hurray for the three other NE schools that do belong on this list :D
I agree with your point generally, but as someone who lived a few blocks from UCSF specifically, I have to tell you that it is pretty epically beautiful.

These schools are immensely beautiful. but I still have to go with touro ny. its so convenient. you can eat, live, buy shoes, random jewelry, sleep, and study in one building

Attachments

• Touro_College_of_Osteopathic_Medicine_New_York_5653881_i0.jpg
    Touro_College_of_Osteopathic_Medicine_New_York_5653881_i0.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 233
These schools are immensely beautiful. but I still have to go with touro ny. its so convenient. you can eat, live, buy shoes, random jewelry, sleep, and study in one building
Dude honestly they should really just buy out the first floor. I know it's NYC, but come on.

Also, what's up with that sign? It looks so cheap... like a K-Mart sign or something. IMO they need a new sign. Make it black with white or gold lettering. Use a thinner, more dignified serif font.

Kinda like this:

Last edited:
Also, what's up with that sign? It looks so cheap... like a K-Mart sign or something. IMO they need a new sign. Make it black with white or gold lettering. Use a thinner, more dignified serif font.
LMAO dignified serif font. the sign is obscenely bad. I agree

Wow, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse:

touro_2.jpg

WTF is Touro thinking? What kind of self-respecting institution puts a freaking ad in their front window?

People in healthcare already know who they are - no need to advertise. This just makes them look super tacky, like those Carib schools that advertise everywhere.

Last edited:
upload_2016-9-3_7-0-28.png
@NimbleNavigator lol not that K-mart sign, im talking about this one. you cant even see it

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-3_7-0-15.png
    upload_2016-9-3_7-0-15.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 122
You might be surprised to know that Salt Lake City is one of the more liberal cities in the West. The elected mayor of SLC is lesbian, and they have passed some comprehensive LGBT protection laws as well. But hey, if you wish to not apply to Utah based on absurd assumptions, fine by me.

I have a recurring dream that I get a Texas MD acceptance and a UNE DO acceptance and I have to choose between happiness and "what's better for your career". I choose happiness.

:rofl::laugh:

Last edited:
Wow! And I thought Dartmouth was the best!

Is there any plan for a MD school in that corner of the world?
Well if you can settle for doing most of your preclinical time in Boston, you can do the Maine Track at Tufts and spend third and fourth at Maine Med in Portland and/or one of the rural hospitals (Rockport, Damariscotta, Norway, etc).

gldmx0d.jpg

fbjpmnf.jpg

Valegos Medical Education Building at CUMC/Columbia College of Surgeons and Surgeons is absolutely mindblowing. Beautiful design.
15-vagelos-education-center-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg
659.066.jpg
Usually I'm not a fan of modern design, but this is amazing

Well if you can settle for doing most of your preclinical time in Boston, you can do the Maine Track at Tufts and spend third and fourth at Maine Med in Portland and/or one of the rural hospitals (Rockport, Damariscotta, Norway, etc).

What are you saying, TUSM doesn't have a nice campus? I mean, I know it's no Touro NYC, but...
1473107023228.jpg

1473107048868.jpg

/sarcasm