Most hated class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmb81

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the first week of class is almost over and i've come to the conclusion that im prolly not gonna like calculus...nope, not one bit. What classes are/have been your most hated?

Members don't see this ad.

Calculus was VERY fun. At least Calc I, II and III. Most hated? Hmm. gotta be a tie between
1. General Biology: I had a professor who said "grams times liters gives you moles".. RIGHT. I wanna see that alchemy! This was in the first few weeks. It just got worse from there - I just had NO respect for this idiot. Can't believe she has a PhD.

or 2. Advanced Calculus. Felt like I was getting hit with a baseball bat constantly. Only class I worked my a** off, turned in 10 pages of homework, and got a big fat ZERO on it. Unless the proofs were perfect (and it was ALL proofs), you got zero points. Argh! I *hate* proofs! :smuggrin:

I'm getting the same feeling about Calculus. I'm hoping it's not gonna be THAT bad though. Sad to say, i'm really not liking Physics II right now...just boring and my professor keeps playing with a spring demonstrating Hooke's law...just keeps saying the same thing, then giggles...I think he's evil! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
O chem lab. Instructor was an absolute bitch. Now that I've survived the prerequisites, I can actually let loose with the truth.

Mine is health law. Seemed interesting but the professor talks a mile a minute, goes off tangents, and requires presentations. *sigh* I'm looking for something else!!

Calculus made me miss my science classes terribly! The whole time I thought, I will never complain about another enzyme pathway as long as I live!

I hated Ecology. It sucked! It's not that its brain science, its just those damm calculations and probabilities. I could care less, yuck!

Another would definately have to be Analytical Chemistry. Man, I liked general chemistry, but after this class, I never wanted to touch that stuff again! Good riddens!

evescadeceus said:
O chem lab. Instructor was an absolute bitch.

You should really let loose!...don't hide your true feelings

I about peed my pants laughing so hard when I read this! Thanks for bringing happiness to my day through your toils.

Robert

Statistics online. I'm retaking it right now. It wasn't because it was hard. I just had an instructor that didn't know what he was supposed to be teaching and when. The midterm and the final were devestating. I'm seeing a lot of the same people I took the online class with in this in-room class.
:( I figure, I'll have better luck this time around.

So, I've now decided that my Physics II lab is really gonna blow. This proffy is the exact profile of a physicist. He's the head of the Physics Dept. and very gung ho about making everyone feel like an idiot! :smuggrin:

Krazed_Medic said:
So, I've now decided that my Physics II lab is really gonna blow. This proffy is the exact profile of a physicist. He's the head of the Physics Dept. and very gung ho about making everyone feel like an idiot! :smuggrin:
Not all physicists are like that! :oops: I'm one (turning pre-dental, though) and I absolutely hate it when physicists make it their life's work to make other ppl feel bad. I agree: GRR! Tell your lab instructor I'll kick his ass if he keeps it up! :mad:

[size=-2]Or not... I really couldn't kick anyone's ass, just could yell equations at them till I'm blue and they're green[/size]

"...WELL RHO IS THE INTEGRAL FROM ZERO TO TWO PI OF R SQUARED SINE-R D-R D-THETA, SO WHADDAYA THINK OF THAT, BIIIAAAAATCH!!!"

Pchem II, Pchem II, Pchem II...even got my biochem prof to admit she didn't like Pchem today :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Calc 2. not the class (math is music to my neurons), but the Prof. the guy was ancient to begin with so that translates to "NO calculators allowed" (i swear the old guy got off on slide rules or something). he would mumble to himself--apparently explaining theories--3" away from the board, and then turn just in time to reveal his hieroglyphics :mad:

come to think of it, all the hatred i have had for some classes stemmed from the instructors not the classes themselves.... :confused:

Hands down....Physics.... :mad:

Strangely...I'm hating microeconomics right now. It's the most sickeningly boring class I've ever taken - and I've had some dooseys. Oh well, just 13 more weeks to go...

Troy

Vibrations . . . a required course for mechanical engineers. Imagine you love Physics so much that you wanted to devote an entire semester to oscillatory motion, springs, and damping mechanisms. :thumbdown: :mad:

karlin009 said:
Physics will be torture :confused: :(

Let's just say I am no Einstein......when it comes to Physics..... :scared: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you guys want, post physics questions here & I'll see if I can be of any help.

I am one of those people that have to take the first exam to make my adjustments and figure out how to do well in the class. I would have to say that physics was the bane of my life. After the first exam, I adjusted, but the professor changed his style. In fact, he did this on every exam. I did finish in the top 25% of the class, but it was frustrating playing "catch as catch can".

ok, so i changed my mind. calc is actually not bad. i got an A on my first test. However, i cant stand English. If i have to write another essay on migrant workers or my experiences growing up, im going to scream. We have to write 5 essays a week (4-10pgs each) on top of the reading. It all just seems like a bunch of busy work. Def. not a fan.