You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Most interesting elective pharmacy course you've taken
Started by no-see-um
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm getting six hours of credit for writing my book.
I'm getting six hours of credit for writing my book.
Nice! I want to write a book someday... historical fiction, though. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really enjoyed our Toxicology course which focused on overdoses and accidental poisonings.
What kind of book? Just curious...
I'm getting six hours of credit for writing my book.
What kind of book? Just curious...
Toxicology with Dr. Speaker. One of the most enjoyable classes. All tests were far fetched stories. The warehouse across from your pharmacy that makes x has a fire. The story builds with twists and turns and the questions come out of bizarre story. Not only did you have to think a little (odd for an elective) but it beats the treatment for an overdose of x is and list 4 choices.
Of course you really can't go by me as I also took an elective in spectroscopy, sorry I'm a geek....
Of course you really can't go by me as I also took an elective in spectroscopy, sorry I'm a geek....
I loved tox and Pharmacy Course Design (its a course that teaches you how to develop classes in pharmacy school)
Drugs and Society.
It was all about illegal drugs. There weren't any quizzes or exams.. and it was pass/fail. All we had to do was attend and talk about heroin, weed, cocaine, meth, shrooms, etc... and we got credit. It was like Las Vegas. What was said in class didn't leave class, but we still had a lot of stories about people's "friends" doing drugs. 😉
Best course ever.
It was all about illegal drugs. There weren't any quizzes or exams.. and it was pass/fail. All we had to do was attend and talk about heroin, weed, cocaine, meth, shrooms, etc... and we got credit. It was like Las Vegas. What was said in class didn't leave class, but we still had a lot of stories about people's "friends" doing drugs. 😉
Best course ever.
Drugs and Society.
It was like Las Vegas. What was said in class didn't leave class, but we still had a lot of stories about people's "friends" doing drugs. 😉
Now that is a shock.......
International Health Care Systems...and Nuclear (aka Nukular) Pharmacy 😀
😛 Introduction to Business 😛
Toxicology with Dr. Speaker. One of the most enjoyable classes. All tests were far fetched stories...
Toxicology seems to be a popular favorite. My professor wasn't as creative as yours in terms of story-sharing, but my ears always perked up when the professor spoke of "exotic" toxins, such as tetrodotoxin from puffer fish.
Of course you really can't go by me as I also took an elective in spectroscopy, sorry I'm a geek....
And an Exalted Grand Master Geek, I bet. 😉
and Nuclear (aka Nukular) Pharmacy 😀
NuCULAR
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took an elective for a month this summer which was with a pharmacist that is a major part of many neuropharmacolgy research projects. We did a lot with talking about clinical research ethics and all the steps for a research project to happen. We also got to shadow different people in pharmaceutical research. But one of the best aspects was that we did rounds in the neurosurgery ICU, and would not only talk about the patient's medications but what medications needed to have a good solid study for them to be accepted as standard and which studies were hard to do because in research you can not withold the standard treatment from patients.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K