Most productive study time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When are you most productive studying?

• Morning

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • Afternoon

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • Evening

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Late night/Twilight

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • It really does not matter. I can study at any time.

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters
D

deleted244469

Curiosity just hit me, and I was just curious what time of the day you consider yourself "most productive" with regards to studying? Personally, I find it difficult to study during the day. Something just seems to "click" and motivation seems to hit me during the late night. I get a ton of work done during this time (10PM-On). For some odd reason, I seem to learn a lot more at this time as well. It's weird, but it works for me. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a lot done in the mornings. 8am-12pm is four flippin hours and the day isn't even over! I hate studying at night because I'm just ready to hit the hay.

Whenever I get a chance. Look up stealth studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
My Call of Duty performance peaks around 11pm, so I would say...11pm.

I don't know how you guys can concentrate late at night. I start banging my **** out at 8 am. If I start at night I start looking for excuses ("I shouldn't stay up late, etc)

At evening/night, significantly less distractions. Facebook chat is empty, message boards and websites are not being updated, etc. Pretty much the whole internet is asleep around that time, so it just kind of works.

I don't know how you guys can concentrate late at night. I start banging my **** out at 8 am. If I start at night I start looking for excuses ("I shouldn't stay up late, etc)

I'm a slow reader, so you can see why this concerned me at first.

I can't be productive until it's dark outside. Summer kills me.

usually the afternoon around 3 works best for me. though i try to nap for a good 30 minutes beforehand so i can feel refreshed and ready to study.

for me, it either has to be insanely early in the morning, like 5:30/6AM, before classes start

OR

moderately late at night.
for some reason, I seem to retain a lot while doing cardio at the gym and listening to music. This unfortunately doesn't work for classes where you need to write out practice problems to study :(

the in-between times never works for me.

I have this thing of studying from 12am-6am. Most productive after 2am.
I don't like interrupted studying..and so if I studied in the morning I'd have to stop at a certain time to go to class. I've pretty much gotten used to waking up -> class -> study till some ungodly hour and sleep when the sun starts rising lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am usually most productive way early in the morning.

Later in the night I find the most productive. I'm not a morning person by any means. I like night studying too because the library is usually empty--or more quiet than usual. The people there are usually the ones who have work to be done and are considerate of others. The loud and obnoxious ones are usually somewhere else... like having fun other places than the stupid library. Ughhhh

I can't even function in the morning, let alone try and study. I'm a night owl.

Definitely in the morning for me. I used to stay up late, but now I choose to wake up early. I'd rather sleep early and wake up like 5 AM to study.

from mid afternoon into late night, but never past 1-2... gotta get some sleep. Anyways thats about a 10 hour window during which i can get a lot done.

evening right after dinner is prime time studying, grab some starbucks and hit the books till midnight :)

If it's for some assignments like a lab report, I find myself most productive at least a couple of hours before it is due. :D

That extra thrill of "Oh shiiit, ETA of: _____" for whatever reason tends to produce surprisingly quality work.

Though I am pretty sure I will have to relax on doing this by the time I graduate, can't expect it to always work out as well as it has been afterward.