Most useful undergrad course for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZPederson11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm curious as to what undergrad course helped best for the DAT. I've already taken both biology's and chem's. I've also taken genetics but I'm wondering if a course like biochem or physiology would be beneficial. Any other classes would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Physiology helped me. Plus it'll come handy in dental school too.

Hi everyone I'm curious as to what undergrad course helped best for the DAT. I've already taken both biology's and chem's. I've also taken genetics but I'm wondering if a course like biochem or physiology would be beneficial. Any other classes would be helpful!

Are we talking about most helpful bio course?

'Cause, well... Orgo was the most helpful course for the OC section, and gen chem was the most helpful course for GC. :p

If I had to pick one class that would have helped most for MY version of the DAT, I'd have to say A&P.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any upper level elective you help will provide you with a stronger background in different subjects from the different sections on DAT. When I took the DAT there wasn't much emphasis on biochem but there was a slight focus on systems in the human body. Even then though, the exam is pretty much random

Histology. It had a lot of cell physiology

Reactions: 1 user
Just like mediumrare said...HISTOLOGY! The course sucks and is hard work but think of it as cheaper than Kaplan. I thank God for putting me in histo because it helped me rock bio.

I thought my biochem and anatomy classes came in super helpful on my DAT.

cell biology seems to help with lot

I haven't taken my DAT yet, but my Cell and Molecular biology class has been the most helpful thing for studying...it covered about 1/2 of the Feralis material. A&P and Biochem have also been a huge help so far.

Physiology 1 & 2 for me. Not only was this beneficial for the bio section, but also on the RC section. I remember one RC passage that was almost exclusively on action potentials and neurotransmitters - physio made that a lot easier to understand (I suspect cell bio would be a big benefit too).