General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got off the waitlist for TWU lately?

I am wondering the same thing, I feel like no one has heard from them in a while. I did email them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were still working on the waitlist and it should be complete mid March, so I am assuming they are rearranging or reranking the waitlist.

I am not sure if there are any spots open right now, I haven’t called to see if it is still moving, but I am just staying hopeful!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just declined my acceptance to ACU since I am planning to attend TWU. I hope this helps one of you move into that spot! Stay hopeful :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my TWU spot last Wednesday, got confirmation it was received on Friday. So a spot will be opening at TWU Houston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I am wondering the same thing, I feel like no one has heard from them in a while. I did email them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were still working on the waitlist and it should be complete mid-March, so I am assuming they are rearranging or reranking the waitlist.

I am not sure if there are any spots open right now, I haven’t called to see if it is still moving, but I am just staying hopeful!!

Wow, mid-March that's so soon compared to the fact that their waitlist is open until May 1st. Despite trying to stay hopeful that makes me a bit anxious and makes me wonder what more I could do to improve my application if I decide to apply again.

I just declined my TWU spot last Wednesday, got confirmation it was received on Friday. So a spot will be opening at TWU Houston!

Are you okay with answering when you received that acceptance?

Are you okay with answering when you received that acceptance?

Not at all! I was accepted the first day they sent out acceptances. I think January 6th or so. I was waiting to hear and ensure all of my stuff went through for UTMB before I fully rescinded my offer.

Not at all! I was accepted the first day they sent out acceptances. I think January 6th or so. I was waiting to hear and ensure all of my stuff went through for UTMB before I fully rescinded my offer.

Thank you! When was the acceptance deadline? Good luck at UTMB!

Anyone attending UTHSCSA OTD with me in May?? :)

For anyone attending UTHSCSA, our class has made a Facebook group page for you all. You can find it under “UTHSCSA Doctor of Occupational Therapy Class of 2023”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey guys,
anyone who is on the waitlist.. did you guys mail the copy of admission contingency plan?
Do I have to mail it back with transcript ? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
anyone who is on the waitlist.. did you guys mail the copy of admission contingency plan?
Do I have to mail it back with transcript ? Thank you!

If we are on the waitlist for TWU, do they recommend you send a contingency plan?

Does anyone know if the program will be a five day a week thing? 8-5? Or will it be a few days at the start then lead up to 5. For TWU. Or if you’re an OT student your experience in the first year.

Does anyone know if the program will be a five day a week thing? 8-5? Or will it be a few days at the start then lead up to 5. For TWU. Or if you’re an OT student your experience in the first year.

I’m not an OT student at TWU but for us our first, second, and third semester (summer, fall, spring) have been Monday- Friday.

I’m not an OT student at TWU but for us our first, second, and third semester (summer, fall, spring) have been Monday- Friday.

Thanks! Any information helps! :)

Also uhhhh what exactly is it? I was not aware of whatever this is

I was not aware of this either and was curious the same thing. I do not think you have to!

Has anyone got off the waitlist for Texas Tech or UTMB?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, for Texas Tech.

I emailed admission office and asked about it.
They said we have to mail them back to school!
The contingency form? I thought we just had to accept the waitlist position through email!

When did you submit your application?
That is a good question because I've honestly wondered if I have not heard anything back yet since I did not submit my application until early December. I wonder if they review them in a particular order.

The contingency form? I thought we just had to accept the waitlist position through email!

Yes we have to accept the waitlist position on the website.
And admission office said that we have to mail back the contingency form that they have sent to us.

That is a good question because I've honestly wondered if I have not heard anything back yet since I did not submit my application until early December. I wonder if they review them in a particular order.
Same! I submitted mine the first week in November but I read that they don't review any of the applications till after the deadline...

For those who have been curious about movement on TWU's waitlist as of recently. I just spoke to the admissions office and they stated that they saw movement on the waitlist earlier last week and that the waitlist closes on May 1st since the summer program does start in June.

I hope this helps and stay positive guys! :)

I just got off the waitlist for texas tech!
Is there facebook group ?
Thank you

I just got off the waitlist for texas tech!
Is there facebook group ?
Thank you

Here you go. There is also a link to a group me we made that you can find on the Facebook group!

Yes we have to accept the waitlist position on the website.
And admission office said that we have to mail back the contingency form that they have sent to us.
Hi there. I accepted my waitlist position back in February for TTU. When did you get a contingency form? And was that through email? I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything! Thank you!!

Hi there. I accepted my waitlist position back in February for TTU. When did you get a contingency form? And was that through email? I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything! Thank you!!

I received a contingency form through mail 2-3days after I got notified that I am on the waitlist through email.
And just let you know that it is for TTUHSC.
Thank you!

I received a contingency form through mail 2-3days after I got notified that I am on the waitlist through email.
And just let you know that it is for TTUHSC.
Thank you!
Did you just send it back as is? Or did you have to send any extra documents along with the form?

Did you just send it back as is? Or did you have to send any extra documents along with the form?

Just sent it back.
You can send your updated transcript with it (admission officer said)
But I have not sent my transcript because it is the same transcript as one that I upload on OTCAS

For those of us going to TWU. Since we start June 1st do you all think we will be starting online? I’m sure they’re going to update us soon, but has anyone heard anything or asked?

For those of us going to TWU. Since we start June 1st do you all think we will be starting online? I’m sure they’re going to update us soon, but has anyone heard anything or asked?
I was curious about that too! I haven’t asked or heard anything though

For anyone else still waiting to see if they’re getting off of the TWU waitlist; has anyone already asked if COVID-19 will affect the timeline and movement of the waitlist? I wasn’t sure what with campuses closing, how it would affect it.

For anyone else still waiting to see if they’re getting off of the TWU waitlist; has anyone already asked if COVID-19 will affect the timeline and movement of the waitlist? I wasn’t sure what with campuses closing, how it would affect it.

When I called them on March 16 the person I talked to was unsure about it affecting the timeline and movement on the waitlist. She said it would be best for me to email TWU and when I did email asking if there was movement on the waitlist this was their reply, "There is still movement happening on the waitlist. I ask for your patience in this process, due to the coronavirus and TWU asking faculty to put all classes online till the end of the semester and not allowing anyone on campus unless necessary."

But, in the email, I didn't ask whether the COVID-19 would affect the timeline.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there is a Fecebook group for the Uni. of St. Augustine in Austin for the fall MOT program? I want to find some people in my cohort!

Yes, I just got off of utmb's waitlist. There is some hope still!

Hey guys,
I just heard from UTEP, and I have been placed on the waitlist. Thought I just update everyone since I haven’t seen anything on them anywhere in the Texas thread or overall thread.

Hey guys,
I just heard from UTEP, and I have been placed on the waitlist. Thought I just update everyone since I haven’t seen anything on them anywhere in the Texas thread or overall thread.
I still haven’t heard anything. I wonder if that’s a bad thing...

Hey guys,
So did I! I’m super nervous they didn’t do interviews or anything so I don’t know what they’re looking for...