motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sthinmind

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,everybody
I have been here for a looog time, but said nothing. I think it's really a good place for all pre-dentalstudents. I got a lot of useful information from you guys(Such as Yah-E, Start girl...You are very nice to everyone). I am planning to apply for dental schools this year. But I don't know how to start my study motivation for application. I graduated 10 years ago and practiced for 6 years in my country. I will appreciate your help. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You know, I'm really not a fan of Kaplan. I think a student is well enough prepared for the DAT without it. However, in your case I would recommend such a course. Realize that I haven't taken it myself and so I don't really know what it consists of, but I hear it's great (around here). Maybe you should consider taking a couple of refresher courses this summer also, i.e. Organic Chemistry, Physiology or such. I really am not in a great position to be giving such advice, but I sympathize with you!

Sthinmind,

Let me see if I got this correct. You are a foreign dentist and you've practice dentistry for 6 years in your country.

Are you in the U.S. now or are you still in your country?

As far as I know, if you want to practice in the U.S. and since you already have a dental degree from your country, you will need to apply as an "ADVANCED STANDING" student status to U.S. dental schools. I'm not 100% sure of the application process for an Advanced Standing dental student. You may want to summon CINNAMON and BEETLE, they should be able to help you out!! I've also provided you with the "Unofficial Forum for Advanced Standing dental students" below, lots of good info in this thread:

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000988" target="_blank">http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000988</a>

Good luck!

:cool: