Motivational or Inspiring song/quote/video?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doofenschmirtz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has been asked before, but on older threads. Given the amount of new content today, do you all have any songs/videos/quotes/something that gets you in the mood to study? I'm procrastinating my MCAT studying as I write this lol :(

Members don't see this ad.

This is touted as Japan's answer to inspirational Shia Labeouf

Reactions: 1 user
Print this

upload_2017-12-31_8-52-30.png

Members don't see this ad :)
This guy's videos used to pop up on my facebook all the time and I found them really interesting

Search for David Goggins on Facebook. Follow him.

This has been asked before, but on older threads. Given the amount of new content today, do you all have any songs/videos/quotes/something that gets you in the mood to study? I'm procrastinating my MCAT studying as I write this lol :(

This thread needs more @HomeSkool

Reactions: 1 users
The only thing that motivated me during the MCAT was realizing that for every hour that I wasn't studying, some other kid was already in the library learning things I didn't know yet.

That motivated me to push harder, because I knew that while I was slacking, someone else was getting ahead. Aaanddd I wasn't going to let that happen.

I know it's not a competition, but sometimes you need that extra push.

Also, I took the MCAT twice and scored 5 points higher (and only spent 2 months studying for it the second time around). The best tool that I had was a study buddy. They were studying for their DAT, but the accountability of showing up to the library everyday and pushing each other REALLLLLY helped.

Members don't see this ad :)
One word: ANIME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we just going to ignore the GOAT?

Haha omg.

It’s actually this exact image, only imagine it blown up. On the other wall are diplomas etc...and on the opposite wall is this. I have had admins in my office and somehow I’m still getting away with it. It’s good to be the king...er, queen.
ImageUploadedBySDN1514769186.703998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It’s actually this exact image, only imagine it blown up. On the other wall are diplomas etc...and on the opposite wall is this. I have had admins in my office and somehow I’m still getting away with it. It’s good to be the king...er, queen.
View attachment 227307

I have this in tramp stamp form.

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 227307

Lol. At my old command we would take embarrassing pics from people’s facebooks and turn them into mousepads. Our office was full of them. Not sure how we got away with that haha.

I am starting MCAT studying soon also but I survived finals week because of Eric Thomas. Just type in Eric Thomas into youtube.

That is Jean Ralphio's voice, if that makes it more inspirational for you.

Marcel Proust

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180114-032102.jpg
    Screenshot_20180114-032102.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
DK-RKO1UQAUutrv.jpg

Meaning.. I can have this (leftover) pizza in different ways.. cold, microwaved, with ranch sauce, honey mustard sauce, or siracha, etc.. pizza is what you make it

I watch this video once a month or so to maintain the inspiration I need for pre-med. Hopefully it helps out some peeps here as well.

Despair.com is great for a laugh, but I found that shadowing and volunteering helped me stay motivated since it reminded me of my ultimate end goal.

It matters not how straight the gait
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my scroll.

Don't Tell Me - Ruel
River - Bishop Briggs
The Greatest - Sia

For me, it helps to go on a run with inspirational music to get the jitters out first!