Mount Sinai Biomedical Sciences Postbacc Program: 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeyduderr

Reaction score
Hello! I was recently admitted to the ISMMS Masters Biomedical Sciences and am strongly considering accepting a spot in the incoming class. I have some questions about the nature of the curriculum as well as the support system. If anyone is able to answer these questions, then I would appreciate it!

1. The website mentions courses such as RCR and Core Curriculum, however, I cannot find any information or details about these classes. Does anyone have a syllabus or link to course descriptions for the main courses and electives?

2. I am interested in doing research, but I am pursuing a path to medical school (not academia or Ph.D.) so would these courses/program still benefit me?

3. Will I find professors who take the time to form a rapport with the students and are committed to student success?

4. Is it easy to make appointments with deans, and are they good with finding resources for students and guiding their educational decisions?

5. Generally, is the Icahn culture a hands-off approach or very personal and intimate in nature?

Thank you for answering my questions! Any other insights would also be sincerely appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! How is the program going for you? I've just been waitlisted but I think I have a strong chance of getting in. Are you can you confirm/deny their effectiveness at getting students into MD programs?