1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

move to Aug or keep July date?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by futuredrcrawfor, Jun 19, 2008.

1. futuredrcrawfor

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey- I am scoring in the 25-28 range on all my practice materials and still studying hard for my July 8th date... but I am considering switching to Aug 5 for several reasons-

1- I hurt my shoulder last week and am going to have to start physical therapy- also I am going to my Dr. tomorrow to see if the injury is just tendonitis or if I tore something.

2- family reunion in Texas the weekend of July 4th- family wants me to come

3- After 2 weeks of serious studying I see things really starting to work and improvement but I am concered that two and half weeks to study might not be as good as 6 weeks!

Any thoughts???
    BTW- MY AMCAS and TMDSAS is already submitted so all they are missing is the MCAT score- will waiting for the Sept release date really screw me in the end?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ecoli

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I'm taking it for the first time in August... and I haven't submitted any of my AMCAS stuff.

IT's probably a little late (oh well), but better to be comfortable with the MCATs than rushing in. You seem ahead of the game, otherwise, so why not?

4. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would take the extra time myself.

5. HopHurdlerXXS

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would definitely CONSIDER moving the test date back. I remember my PI at the lab I work with tell me to put aside 6 months for MCAT studying, so an additional month might help.
    HOWEVER, if money is not too much of an issue for you, I'd take the July exam and see how I did. Who knows, you might see more comfortable material in July. If I felt bad about a section/or w/e, I'd cancel right afterwards and retake it in August. It's up to you though and I know how hard everything can be since you're applying at the same time.