move to Aug or keep July date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredrcrawfor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey- I am scoring in the 25-28 range on all my practice materials and still studying hard for my July 8th date... but I am considering switching to Aug 5 for several reasons-

1- I hurt my shoulder last week and am going to have to start physical therapy- also I am going to my Dr. tomorrow to see if the injury is just tendonitis or if I tore something.

2- family reunion in Texas the weekend of July 4th- family wants me to come

3- After 2 weeks of serious studying I see things really starting to work and improvement but I am concered that two and half weeks to study might not be as good as 6 weeks!

Any thoughts???
BTW- MY AMCAS and TMDSAS is already submitted so all they are missing is the MCAT score- will waiting for the Sept release date really screw me in the end?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking it for the first time in August... and I haven't submitted any of my AMCAS stuff.

IT's probably a little late (oh well), but better to be comfortable with the MCATs than rushing in. You seem ahead of the game, otherwise, so why not?

I would definitely CONSIDER moving the test date back. I remember my PI at the lab I work with tell me to put aside 6 months for MCAT studying, so an additional month might help.
HOWEVER, if money is not too much of an issue for you, I'd take the July exam and see how I did. Who knows, you might see more comfortable material in July. If I felt bad about a section/or w/e, I'd cancel right afterwards and retake it in August. It's up to you though and I know how hard everything can be since you're applying at the same time.