Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

move to Aug or keep July date?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by futuredrcrawfor, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. futuredrcrawfor

    futuredrcrawfor 2+ Year Member

    Dec 16, 2006
    Hey- I am scoring in the 25-28 range on all my practice materials and still studying hard for my July 8th date... but I am considering switching to Aug 5 for several reasons-

    1- I hurt my shoulder last week and am going to have to start physical therapy- also I am going to my Dr. tomorrow to see if the injury is just tendonitis or if I tore something.

    2- family reunion in Texas the weekend of July 4th- family wants me to come

    3- After 2 weeks of serious studying I see things really starting to work and improvement but I am concered that two and half weeks to study might not be as good as 6 weeks!

    Any thoughts???
    BTW- MY AMCAS and TMDSAS is already submitted so all they are missing is the MCAT score- will waiting for the Sept release date really screw me in the end?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ecoli

    ecoli 2+ Year Member

    Jun 9, 2008
    I'm taking it for the first time in August... and I haven't submitted any of my AMCAS stuff.

    IT's probably a little late (oh well), but better to be comfortable with the MCATs than rushing in. You seem ahead of the game, otherwise, so why not?
  4. J ROD

    J ROD Watch my TAN walk!! Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

    Aug 1, 2005
    working on my tan......
    I would take the extra time myself.
  5. HopHurdlerXXS

    HopHurdlerXXS 7+ Year Member

    Jun 19, 2008
    Hella Norcal
    I would definitely CONSIDER moving the test date back. I remember my PI at the lab I work with tell me to put aside 6 months for MCAT studying, so an additional month might help.
    HOWEVER, if money is not too much of an issue for you, I'd take the July exam and see how I did. Who knows, you might see more comfortable material in July. If I felt bad about a section/or w/e, I'd cancel right afterwards and retake it in August. It's up to you though and I know how hard everything can be since you're applying at the same time.

Share This Page