moving companies....

k's mom

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, has anyone ever heard of, or used, ABF u-pack movers? I just got a quote from them, and I'm trying to figure out what the catch is. Hubby and I will be moving from Tucson, AZ to Hershey, PA this summer. I've gotten quotes from all of the big truck companies. (F.Y.I.: Ryder was the best price, and UHAUL-which sucks anyway-was the most expensive by almost 40%) Anyway, the qoute was for approx. $1,100.00, including a tow trailer for our car. Thanks to the info on a similar post a few months ago, we also budgeted about $600.00 for gas and oil. So, a very conservative estimate of $1,700.00, not including hotels, food and possible other mechanical problems.
The quote from ABF was only $1,450.00 We pack the truck, they drive it, pay for all gas and insurance on our belongings(Insurance is based on weight, so since we have lots of books and nothing of much value, we will be in good shape there!). Transit time is 6-8 days, so we can hang out with my mom for a few days, then drive our car through, bringing our few very precious items with us, and meeting the truck in Hershey.
Does this sound too good to be true? I'm a natural skeptic, so any flaws you can spot, please share!

Members don't see this ad.