Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MPH Fall 2017: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yup in at Population and Family Health!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SAME HERE!!!In at Columbia Sociomedical Sciences!
wait i'm confused. my acceptance letter said i'm in for Health Policy & Practice, but I applied for sociomedical sciences? is that a typo b/c JHU sent me a typo too LOL
EDIT: read the letter too fast b/c excitement--i'm in the Health Policy & practice certificate under sociomedical sciences haha
EDIT: read the letter too fast b/c excitement--i'm in the Health Policy & practice certificate under sociomedical sciences haha
Last edited:
I posted a few minutes ago but also look for scholarship letters from Columbia y'all! I just saw mine - it's on the same page but it's a separate letter!! 50%!! I'm in awe!
In @ Columbia for HPM, seems like a batch of emails was just sent out 6:45 EST
Congrats!!! Question, when did you apply? I wanted to understand the timeline of how long the turn around time would be. 🙂
oh really? how did you find the letter? if there isn't one does that mean no scholarship?
Hi Friends so I am updating my post:
So I ended up not applying to all the schools I had originally listed. If you want to see the full list it is somewhere in this thread.
I have currently been:
Accepted: Tulane, George Washington University, UC Berkeley, Boston U, Columbia U, UNC
Rejections:
Waiting: Harvard U, JHopkins, Emory U.
Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have heard back!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Hi Friends,
Happy December 1st!
This is my first time posting here and would love some feedback 🙂
Undergrad School: Small liberal arts college
Undergrad GPA/ Major GPA: 3.3 overall/ 4.0 major (darned chemistry)
Major: Premed concentration, Major in Public Health/ Minor in French
GRE: 148 Q 158 V AW: 5 (womp womp)
Experience/ Research: (I'll be brief)
- 1 year international maternal child health organization in Africa and Asia
- 1 year medical research asistant
- 2 first author publications, 4 co-authorships
- 2 research presentations at international conferences
- undergraduate internship with global health organization in Africa
- 100+ hours physician shadowing experience in Africa and US
- Received 3 senior awards at undergraduate graduation ceremony
- Founded an local NPO
-Various other related ECs
-Great LORs 2 from undergrad, 3 from post-undergrad experiences ( principal investigator, supervisor at MCH organization,head of dept at one of the schools I am applying to and have been working with)
Interests: Global Maternal Child Health, Population and reproductive health, Women's health
Applied: Columbia (MPH), GWU (MPH), UNC CH (MsPH to PhD), JHOPS (MsPH), Harvard (MPH), Tulane (MPH), Boston U (MPH), UC Berkeley (MPH), and Emory (MPH)
Accepted: Tulane, George Washington University, UC Berkeley, Boston U, Columbia U,
Interview: UNC
Rejected:
So I ended up not applying to all the schools I had originally listed. If you want to see the full list it is somewhere in this thread.
I have currently been:
Accepted: Tulane, George Washington University, UC Berkeley, Boston U, Columbia U, UNC
Rejections:
Waiting: Harvard U, JHopkins, Emory U.
Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have heard back!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Hi Friends,
Happy December 1st!
This is my first time posting here and would love some feedback 🙂
Undergrad School: Small liberal arts college
Undergrad GPA/ Major GPA: 3.3 overall/ 4.0 major (darned chemistry)
Major: Premed concentration, Major in Public Health/ Minor in French
GRE: 148 Q 158 V AW: 5 (womp womp)
Experience/ Research: (I'll be brief)
- 1 year international maternal child health organization in Africa and Asia
- 1 year medical research asistant
- 2 first author publications, 4 co-authorships
- 2 research presentations at international conferences
- undergraduate internship with global health organization in Africa
- 100+ hours physician shadowing experience in Africa and US
- Received 3 senior awards at undergraduate graduation ceremony
- Founded an local NPO
-Various other related ECs
-Great LORs 2 from undergrad, 3 from post-undergrad experiences ( principal investigator, supervisor at MCH organization,head of dept at one of the schools I am applying to and have been working with)
Interests: Global Maternal Child Health, Population and reproductive health, Women's health
Applied: Columbia (MPH), GWU (MPH), UNC CH (MsPH to PhD), JHOPS (MsPH), Harvard (MPH), Tulane (MPH), Boston U (MPH), UC Berkeley (MPH), and Emory (MPH)
Accepted: Tulane, George Washington University, UC Berkeley, Boston U, Columbia U,
Interview: UNC
Rejected:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was right underneath the admission letter. I'm not sure what it means if there isn't one there.oh really? how did you find the letter? if there isn't one does that mean no scholarship?
Here's a picture:
It was right underneath the admission letter. I'm not sure what it means if there isn't one there.
Here's a picture:
View attachment 214474
Weird-my screen doesn't look like it at all...I'm wondering if they haven't uploaded my information yet or something? Would make sense why my application right now just says "preview application..." instead of the official decision letter, and fingers crossed, any scholarship letter.
Got an email from Columbia, "Admission Status Update", however I cannot access the page 🙁
We probably crashed their servers! Have faith!
I did!For those who got accepted to Columbia, did you receive the financial aid survey 2 weeks ago?
I did.For those who got accepted to Columbia, did you receive the financial aid survey 2 weeks ago?
For those who got accepted to Columbia, did you receive the financial aid survey 2 weeks ago?
Yes, I completed mine on January 23rd.
Same here!Yes, I completed mine on January 23rd.
yes!!!For those who got accepted to Columbia, did you receive the financial aid survey 2 weeks ago?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Columbia peeps: does anyone else have some weird "Preview Application Proof" note instead of a "Decision Letter" --or am I just a super special snowflake? 😛
Haha you're not alone, I got the same thing!!
nothing from columbia - assuming its bad news :'(
PS - any chance we'll hear from harvard before march???
PS - any chance we'll hear from harvard before march???
Last edited:
Lol I feel ya!nothing from columbia - assuming its bad news :'(
Lol I feel ya!
Same here lol hopefully another huge batch will come soon
nothing from columbia - assuming its bad news :'(
Lol I feel ya!
Me either :/ Hoping there will be several batches of emails sent out tomorrow & Friday. Did either of you have to fill out the financial aid survey? Here's to hoping that we hear some good news soon!
I have that too (in addition to my admission letter)!! But if you look at the end of the proof, it also has the admission letter... at least for meColumbia peeps: does anyone else have some weird "Preview Application Proof" note instead of a "Decision Letter" --or am I just a super special snowflake? 😛

I did!Me either :/ Hoping there will be several batches of emails sent out tomorrow & Friday. Did either of you have to fill out the financial aid survey? Here's to hoping that we hear some good news soon!
Me too! So hopefully that's a good sign and we hear back tomorrow! 🙂 So ready to be done refreshing my email every 5 min...I did!
Me either :/ Hoping there will be several batches of emails sent out tomorrow & Friday. Did either of you have to fill out the financial aid survey? Here's to hoping that we hear some good news soon!
Yes I did!! Like 2 weeks ago. Yes hopefully this week is our week lol
Thats Amazing! Congrats!I posted a few minutes ago but also look for scholarship letters from Columbia y'all! I just saw mine - it's on the same page but it's a separate letter!! 50%!! I'm in awe!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello 🙂
Undergrad School: Ivy
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.7/3.8
Major/Minor: Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): V 165 Q 153 W 5
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
- 2 years full time employment in public health/social work at managerial level w/ focus on preventative health + infectious disease
- Work experience in non-profit, private, and start-up environments
- International work + research experience in Gambia, India, and Peru.
- Founding executive member of public service start-up recognized by UN, Forbes, and Business Today
Special factors??? Honors in major, bilingual (Spanish), published poet.
Interested in: Social epidemiology, community driven health practice, health equity, social determinants of health, stigma.
Applied: (in no particular order) MPH: UW (COPHP), Harvard (SMS), UIC (HPM), Brown (EPI), Yale (SBS), Drexel (CHP), Columbia (SMS), BU (Equity, Social Justice), UC Berkeley (SBS); MPH/MSW: UPitt (Community Health Sciences/Organization +Advocacy)
Accepted: BU (+ 20k merit), UPitt, UIC, Drexel (+ funded Public Health Fellowship), Yale, Columbia
Rejected: n/a
Waitlisted: n/a
Still waiting on UW, Harvard, Brown, Columbia, and UC Berkeley.
Accepted to Columbia - no scholarship info as of yet.
There's a snowstorm here happening in NYC tomorrow 🙁 I don't have to go to work because NYC public schools are closed, but I hope it doesn't affect admissions coming out
There's a snowstorm here happening in NYC tomorrow 🙁 I don't have to go to work because NYC public schools are closed, but I hope it doesn't affect admissions coming out
Yep, we're supposed to get the same snow here upstate NY. Ugh I don't think I can take it if we have to wait until the beginning of next week 🙁 Hopefully it's some sort of automated thing!
There's a snowstorm here happening in NYC tomorrow 🙁 I don't have to go to work because NYC public schools are closed, but I hope it doesn't affect admissions coming out
I hadn't even considered this...but now I'll be sure to refresh my email double as much as I sit in my office in the city, watching it snow...wishing I could be refreshing from the comfort of my bed

Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 7K
