MPH in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HL7ack123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide more insight to the MPH degrees available in Canada? I know theres an online MPH degree offered by the University of Waterloo and an MPH degree at UBC. Apparently there will be a new one starting at U of T but I havn't found any information on that through its website.

Members don't see this ad.

Queen's has a new one.
I believe McGill may as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alberta offers an MPH. Toronto has a new school of Public Health and will likely offer an MPH soon. Simon Fraser has one too.
None of these are currently accredited by the CEPH, but Alberta is currently applying for this.
Other universities, like Queen's, McGill, Western, Mac, and Dalhousie don't offer "MPH" degrees, but do have epidemiology and probably other types of public health-related grad degrees (i.e. health promotion).
Having an "MPH" matters much more outside of Canada, so if you plan to stay and work then that's not a big deal.

thank you LeafsFan, chartero and indecisions. Is there any information out that there would help me compare the different MPH programs at these Canadian universities? For undergrad I know they had the Macclean but I'm not sure if there is something like this available for graduate studies.

Even if you have something like Macleans (or USNEWS), those rankings should not play a large part in your decision.
Instead, think about what you want out of the degree and acquire more information about each school yourself.
If you are interested in public health research, consider the research foci at each school and the faculty you'd like to work with.
If you like public health practice more, then perhaps take a good look at what unique opportunities the programs have to offer, to decide which ones best fit your learning goals.
Once you get your acceptances, get in touch with current students/profs to learn more about specific programs/opportunities.

I don't think such rankings exist for Canadian programs, unfortunately.

Thanks for posting that link clee123, I was looking for something like that.

Hello there , any idea about Memorial University MPH program,its cheap and just for 1 year.Any idea about how its gonna be ?Thanx