You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MPH / MSPH 2022: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending
Started by zubear
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you hear from Harvard?Congrats everyone on your acceptances! Hopefully I hear back from Harvard soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahappipanda
Full Member
Also wondering this, I’d love to connect with anyone accepted to Berkeley! My concentration is Health and Social Behavior, and I’m from the Seattle area 🙂Hi, I apologize if this has already been posted but I couldn’t find an answer on a simple search.
Is there a groupme or discord that has been created for accepted students at Berkeley? Would love to join if so, thanks in advance!
AaronStevens
New Member
received
scholarship valued at 25% tuition would mean you are responsible for the other 75%.Hi everyone! I received a scholarship package from Michigan which said "you have been selected to receive a scholarship valued at 25% tuition only for a total of four terms". Do you all think this means the scholarship is covering 25% or I am only paying 25% tuition?
They will cover 25%Hi everyone! I received a scholarship package from Michigan which said "you have been selected to receive a scholarship valued at 25% tuition only for a total of four terms". Do you all think this means the scholarship is covering 25% or I am only paying 25% tuition?
pod verdant
Full Member
I emailed as well and was told that decisions have gone out. They'll tell you if you were waitlisted & stuff. The woman I emailed was very kind. Her email was at the bottom of the application email so it might have been the same one you used but if not:Nope, I haven't heard back yet. I emailed the program administrator to see if decisions had gone out yet, but I haven't received a response.
If you have any questions about the program or application please contact Eve Rose, MCH Certificate Administrator,
at [email protected]. We look forward to receiving your application.
Andrew_112671
Full Member
Nope - assuming I will be in the rejection decision bucket notifications next week.Did you hear from Harvard?
Canineloverr5432
Full Member
omg! Congratulations! Howwwww?Received full tuition fee waiver from UW today !!
I am a Fulbright scholar (intl student), UW has a special financial package for Fulbrighters!omg! Congratulations! Howwwww?
Annieleth22
New Member
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from a Hopkins MSPH program?
I made a Berkeley Discord! Join here: Join the UC Berkeley Admitted Students - Masters Discord Server!Also wondering this, I’d love to connect with anyone accepted to Berkeley! My concentration is Health and Social Behavior, and I’m from the Seattle area 🙂
Has anyone appealed for more aid from a school yet or know when the right time is to do so? I really want to go to Michigan and would accept my offer there if I received more aid, and UIC offered me much more. With the cost of tuition plus the cost of living in Michigan, I would be getting myself into more loans than I had hoped for.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i am and im starting to lose hope LOLIs anyone still waiting to hear back from a Hopkins MSPH program?
Just got a 50k scholarship for Yale! Super excited although it definitely is still expensive.
epidemiologie21
Full Member
For those who have gotten into Berkeley, did you receive any follow-up emails during the process? I applied in early September but didn't get a confirmation that they received my application.
Nevermind- just got in! LolAnyone still waiting to hear back from Berkeley HPM? I applied back in November but haven't heard anything back yet.
Rejected from Harvard MPH-45. Email notification today w/ portal update. Honestly, I'm not upset and the closure feels amazing.
Now just waiting to hear from Hopkins re: $$$!
Now just waiting to hear from Hopkins re: $$$!
Same, I wasn’t expecting to get in at all but happy to have heard back!Rejected from Harvard MPH-45. Email notification today w/ portal update. Honestly, I'm not upset and the closure feels amazing.
Now just waiting to hear from Hopkins re: $$$!
Which program at Hopkins? I received some MTS for the second year with the acceptance but not sure if they still have sth to offer, hope they do lol!Rejected from Harvard MPH-45. Email notification today w/ portal update. Honestly, I'm not upset and the closure feels amazing.
Now just waiting to hear from Hopkins re: $$$!
pod verdant
Full Member
They gave out all merit already. Institutional/loans should be out starting this month.So did anyone hear back from Emory re scholarships? Pretty much everyone apart from them has said something about finances at this point for me (even after emailing).
people negotiated with michigan (and other programs) last year. i think now is a good time to negotiate. it seems like they offer in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, but there might be other increments in betweenHas anyone appealed for more aid from a school yet or know when the right time is to do so? I really want to go to Michigan and would accept my offer there if I received more aid, and UIC offered me much more. With the cost of tuition plus the cost of living in Michigan, I would be getting myself into more loans than I had hoped for.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cookiesanddata
Full Member
Hey! Did anyone hear back from the Harvard Data Science MS program? My friend applied but she did not hear back yet.
Hi all! I applied during last year's SOPHAS cycle, but will be joining all the JHU folks this year for the full-time MPH program. 
SDN was a place of support for me and I was fortunate to meet awesome people who helped me through my cycle. As folks make their school decisions, I would like to pay-it-forward and offer to answer questions about:
Again, congratulations on everyone's acceptances!

SDN was a place of support for me and I was fortunate to meet awesome people who helped me through my cycle. As folks make their school decisions, I would like to pay-it-forward and offer to answer questions about:
- School decisions (particularly if deciding between JHU, Columbia, BU, UPenn, UC Davis)
- Scholarship funding/negotiations
Again, congratulations on everyone's acceptances!
Thank you for the info! I have a meeting scheduled with the program director tomorrow to discuss my financial situation, so hopefully he can provide some more insight as well!people negotiated with michigan (and other programs) last year. i think now is a good time to negotiate. it seems like they offer in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, but there might be other increments in between
Last edited:
parlorpalm
New Member
Thank you for the helpful information! When you say Yale was one of the most generous schools, do you means in terms of negotiating funding or their initial funding offers?Hi all! I applied during last year's SOPHAS cycle, but will be joining all the JHU folks this year for the full-time MPH program.
SDN was a place of support for me and I was fortunate to meet awesome people who helped me through my cycle. As folks make their school decisions, I would like to pay-it-forward and offer to answer questions about:
Regarding funding I will say that if you are strategic and make a case for yourself, you will be surprised to learn some schools have some wiggle room. You can use offers from other schools to make a stronger case for your top choice. I found the most generous schools to be Yale and BU, and the more stringent to be Columbia.
- School decisions (particularly if deciding between JHU, Columbia, BU, UPenn, UC Davis)
- Scholarship funding/negotiations
Again, congratulations on everyone's acceptances!
ahappipanda
Full Member
What does appealing for more aid mean exactly? What does one say if they want to appeal and who would we typically contact to do so?
HNYXG1_JJ
Full Member
The program in LSE is more like "Health Policy" actually. You have to do a lot of reading and should know some mediate level economics. From my point, JHU is more suitable as you have the freedom to choose a lot of different courses as you want (up to 22 credits each term).I have acceptances from LSE (MSc Health Economics), JHU (MHS Global Health Economics) and Tufts (MPH in Epi and Biostats). Any advice on where I should lean?
If you really like HEOR or health econ, York or Sheffield is a better choice.
I have applied to the same program in LSE but heard nothing yet.
Finally got admitted to Emory. But I guess too late for any scholarships it sounds like 🙁
beepboopgirl16
New Member
How long after an acceptance can you typically expect to hear about funding? I received acceptances from Tufts and Temple a few weeks ago and have not heard anything about funding, does this mean I'm not getting any money from either school or does it take longer?
Thank you for the helpful information! When you say Yale was one of the most generous schools, do you means in terms of negotiating funding or their initial funding offers?
I would say initial funding offers
What does appealing for more aid mean exactly? What does one say if they want to appeal and who would we typically contact to do so?
The person you contact varies per school. Sometimes it’s a program manager, other times a school will have someone who handles scholarships. I would ask your program who the best person would be to contact.
Oh and to clarify, I am speaking specifically about appealing for merit scholarships, and not financial aid (based on your FAFSA)!
I emailed the schools I was still deciding on and shared my gratitude on the acceptance but that affording graduate education was a concern. I used an offer from School A to make a case for myself and asked if there was any way for School B to match it. I briefly summarized why School A was my top choice and how I would contribute to their program as a student there.
How long after an acceptance can you typically expect to hear about funding? I received acceptances from Tufts and Temple a few weeks ago and have not heard anything about funding, does this mean I'm not getting any money from either school or does it take longer?
The timeline for financial aid packages and merit scholarships generally vary. You can try asking your specific program(s) when to expect some decision. I wouldn’t discount yourself just yet if you’re still waiting to hear back since FAFSA is due this month.
Same goes for merit scholarships, since scholarship committees can review apps on a rolling basis or are waiting for people who they’ve offered money to accept their admission. I feel like scholarship money shifts around the most after the acceptance deadline haha.
That’s super helpful, thank you!The person you contact varies per school. Sometimes it’s a program manager, other times a school will have someone who handles scholarships. I would ask your program who the best person would be to contact.
Oh and to clarify, I am speaking specifically about appealing for merit scholarships, and not financial aid (based on your FAFSA)!
I emailed the schools I was still deciding on and shared my gratitude on the acceptance but that affording graduate education was a concern. I used an offer from School A to make a case for myself and asked if there was any way for School B to match it. I briefly summarized why School A was my top choice and how I would contribute to their program as a student there.
Not sure about Temple but I was accepted to Tufts first week of January and still haven't heard about financial aid (I've already put down my deposit at another school at this point). But I saw on last year's thread that they were only able to give scholarships to two students.How long after an acceptance can you typically expect to hear about funding? I received acceptances from Tufts and Temple a few weeks ago and have not heard anything about funding, does this mean I'm not getting any money from either school or does it take longer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pod verdant
Full Member
Is there a discord for Columbia admitted students?
Is there a discord for Columbia admitted students?
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.
There is also one for Harvard admitted ones for whoever wants to join: Join the HSPH MPH 2022 Admitted Students Discord Server!
marveloscars
New Member
Do you think Columbia would release final acceptance/rejections by the end of this week?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 103
- Views
- 37K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 7K