MPH Online UNMC or UOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medical_Doctor

Reaction score
Hi

I am a medical graduate from a foreign country and interested in enrolling in the MPH online program in Epidemiology Concentration. I have received acceptance from the University of Nebraska Medical center and the University of Memphis. I am in a dilemma about which one to choose and would need some advice on this. Also, let me know if both universities are not good.

I am preparing for a residency match in parallel and think having an MPH would be an added advantage during residency match.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

MPH will benefit you if you get research position and publish +5 papers otherwise no one will care. You dont need MPH to match into FM, pediatrics or IM program, use it for competitive programs. You need to do your own work, search match data, find out other IMG in Nebraska and Memphis.

Why did you apply for low ranking schools, you can get into higher ranking program even with lower GPA

@kmu8 Thanks for your reply. Basically I am a medical graduate from the year 2017 and I want to cover that gap. I think joining any program like MPH will cover that gap. I did work back in my country but after moving to US after marriage I did not work and spent my time at home preparing for USMLE. I think joining an online course will bridge this gap between my YOG and match in to my residency.

Can you please suggest few schools where I can try. The reason I applied to these universities is due to their reasonable fee structure and flexibility. All the universities I have looked at have minimum fees of 50k and above.

Members don't see this ad :)
@kmu8 Thanks for your reply. Basically I am a medical graduate from the year 2017 and I want to cover that gap. I think joining any program like MPH will cover that gap. I did work back in my country but after moving to US after marriage I did not work and spent my time at home preparing for USMLE. I think joining an online course will bridge this gap between my YOG and match in to my residency.

Can you please suggest few schools where I can try. The reason I applied to these universities is due to their reasonable fee structure and flexibility. All the universities I have looked at have minimum fees of 50k and above.

University of Minnesota, University of Iowa, George Washington University (scholarship 50-100%),Oregon State University.
You can apply apply for schools near where you live, I also suggest you not to do the whole program online, you need to network and find research opportunity. You can fill the gap with research or any hospital experience. MPH degree alone wont fix the gap. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
@kmu8 I am from California and the universities here are very expensive. I was also looking at the University of Florida. I was looking at its ratings and it has some good ratings. What do you suggest?

Last edited: