MPH or MS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasaluodi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a freshman here, greetings!!

I am an international student and recieved an admission for MPH in pitts, as well as an admission for MS in biostatistics in Drexel. Both universities are excellent and I am confused which one to choose.

I'd like to know if it is easy for an international student to find a job in the locality after I gain an MPH degree(biostatistics focused) in U pitts. If my job hunting is hard enough, I may consider to finish a MS degree first, which is more accessible to pursue a PhD degree then.
I prefer more about the fieldwork experience and practicum chance in fact.

Could anyone give me some enlightening advises? Thank you!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
to be honest with you, being an international student / graduate is very difficult to find a job, unless you're in the high tech industry where they have well funded hr / legal department recruiting the talents. as far as academic instituions, they do NOT like to hire employees because they don't want to deal with the legal and visa headaches. however, with the exception of postdocs, which can be j1 exchange scholars. i work at in academia, i know. so if you're looking to stay in the states after graduation, getting a phd would be a better bet.