Feb 12, 2010
Status
From reading several threads it seems as if though many people have been putting multiple deposits to different schools to hold their spot in the class until they make a final decision.

I think this is unfair because other people are on the waiting list and until these people drop out the waiting list wont move.

Why dont DO school's prevent people from submitting multiple deposits to DO schools. I really think its unfair to people waiting on waiting lists.

Everglide

EM PGY3
10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
To a certain extent they already do prevent people from submitting multiples by requiring thousands of dollars of non-refundable deposits.

JRjcu08

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I understand what you mean, but most would argue that these people earned their acceptances, and if they have the money, can deposit at as many places as they would like until they make a decision.

What I think AACOM should do, however, is set up a day after which you can't hold multiple acceptances, just like AAMC does. This would hopefully keep waitlisted applicants from waiting until June or July to find out if they are accepted.

Cheshyre

Hooray Bikes!
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Le Mitten.
Status
Medical Student
Why dont DO school's prevent people from submitting multiple deposits to DO schools. I really think its unfair to people waiting on waiting lists.
On the other hand, for people who have multiple acceptances, it's unfair to force them to choose before they're ready. They put in the effort and snagged the acceptance. While they should be courteous and withdraw in a timely fashion, they've earned the right to be able to make decisions that they're comfortable with.

This is coming from someone who only has waitlist spots, btw.

I do agree with JRjcu though.

Feb 12, 2010
Status
I understand what you mean, but most would argue that these people earned their acceptances, and if they have the money, can deposit at as many places as they would like until they make a decision.

What I think AACOM should do, however, is set up a day after which you can't hold multiple acceptances, just like AAMC does. This would hopefully keep waitlisted applicants from waiting until June or July to find out if they are accepted.
JRjcu08 - I TOTALLLY agree with you!!!!! I know people are depositing to more than one school because if you read through some of the school specific threads you will clearly see who those people are!!!

I am no better to be perfectly honest. I have two acceptances as well and will withdraw this week.

Chesyre - I respect you but dont agree with your statement. I think AACOMAS should keep track of people who got accepted.

I think the schools should notify AACOMAS NOT the individual who got accepted and AACOMAS should notify the individual of the acceptance.

This way AACOMAS can prevent multiple deposits to multiple schools. It will all be centralized and one company can keep track of all acceptances, withdrawals, and rejections.

SHAME ON ME and ALL people who deposited to more than one school. Its SELFHISH and completely UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 17, 2009
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
On the other hand, for people who have multiple acceptances, it's unfair to force them to choose before they're ready. They put in the effort and snagged the acceptance. While they should be courteous and withdraw in a timely fashion, they've earned the right to be able to make decisions that they're comfortable with.

This is coming from someone who only has waitlist spots, btw.

I do agree with JRjcu though.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Agreed.

jkmph

https://www.sportsmedreview.com
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2009
Northeast
www.sportsmedreview.com
Status
Medical Student
From reading several threads it seems as if though many people have been putting multiple deposits to different schools to hold their spot in the class until they make a final decision.

I think this is unfair because other people are on the waiting list and until these people drop out the waiting list wont move.

If it makes you feel any better, I declined to be waitlisted at one of the schools I interviewed at so that someone who wanted the slot more could have it...

JRjcu08

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SHAME ON ME and ALL people who deposited to more than one school. Its SELFHISH and completely UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say Congrats to you and all the people who were able to deposit at multiple schools. Rather, shame on AACOM for not creating and enforcing policies that make sense.

HeelHookin

7+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I feel that this is a very sensitive subject. Being wait listed is no fun, believe me i know all to well, especially this late in the application process. It takes a lot of hard work, long hours, many essay drafts and a lot of money to make medical school applications a reality. The reason apply is not only to get accepted to 1 school (even though it seems that would satisfy most including myself) but to be accepted to the "best" school possible. Even if this means temporarily occupying a space at a school you do not wish to attend, while waiting for your first choice.

If someone is in high demand and earned spots at multiple institutions, and has the funds to hold spots at said institutions i do not criticize them or view them as selfish. These people have earned the right to have a choice.

Osteopathic schools do make an attempt at limiting the number of people who are able to hold multiple spots; placing strict dates for when deposits are due, and making the deposit a significant amount of money. It would be beneficial for the AACOM to create a policy that mimics that of the AMCAS. But in reality just because this date doesn't formally exist, someone in the end can only attend one school. So wait lists will move! Even if it means pulling people off the waitlist days before classes start!

Feb 12, 2010
Status
this is why i hate that people put down deposits at multiple schools. it is because they will withdraw probably 1 month to 1 week before school starts then the schools will pull people off waitlists the day before class starts. this is not fair at all to the person being offered an acceptance the day before school starts because they now have to rush to move to that school and rush to fill out financial aid forms etc.

This process is so inefficient. AACOMAS needs to take over and make sure that by April 1st, every person only has a deposit to one school. This will ultimately make everyone life easier!!

I think everyone works hard and spends lot of time filling out applications and secondaries and interviewing, so lets make it fair for everyone!!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2009
Status
I think they did do something about this by making the making the DO deposit expensive, but there still seems to be some people that can loose that kind of money. I also think it is unfair to rush someone to make an decision based on how much money they have. I think NOVA's deposit was around 900 whereas UCF was free, and Howard was 420. The MD schools were cheaper why is that?

I agree though on how unfair the waitlist is. I remember last year before I applied thinking what will I do if I was waitlisted and found out DAYS before schools started? I would have to move me and my toddler and get settled quickly. I do not think most people hold seats for spite, but I hope once they make a decision they let the other seats go.

Good Luck you will have your seat somewhere

Feb 12, 2010
Status
I feel that this is a very sensitive subject. Being wait listed is no fun, believe me i know all to well, especially this late in the application process. It takes a lot of hard work, long hours, many essay drafts and a lot of money to make medical school applications a reality. The reason apply is not only to get accepted to 1 school (even though it seems that would satisfy most including myself) but to be accepted to the "best" school possible. Even if this means temporarily occupying a space at a school you do not wish to attend, while waiting for your first choice.

If someone is in high demand and earned spots at multiple institutions, and has the funds to hold spots at said institutions i do not criticize them or view them as selfish. These people have earned the right to have a choice.

Osteopathic schools do make an attempt at limiting the number of people who are able to hold multiple spots; placing strict dates for when deposits are due, and making the deposit a significant amount of money. It would be beneficial for the AACOM to create a policy that mimics that of the AMCAS. But in reality just because this date doesn't formally exist, someone in the end can only attend one school. So wait lists will move! Even if it means pulling people off the waitlist days before classes start!

this is why i hate that people put down deposits at multiple schools. it is because they will withdraw probably 1 month to 1 week before school starts then the schools will pull people off waitlists the day before class starts. this is not fair at all to the person being offered an acceptance the day before school starts because they now have to rush to move to that school and rush to fill out financial aid forms etc.

This process is so inefficient. AACOMAS needs to take over and make sure that by April 1st, every person only has a deposit to one school. This will ultimately make everyone life easier!!

I think everyone works hard and spends lot of time filling out applications and secondaries and interviewing, so lets make it fair for everyone!!

jkmph

https://www.sportsmedreview.com
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2009
Northeast
www.sportsmedreview.com
Status
Medical Student
You do realize that schools interview into April and, in some cases, later than that, right? The process is far from efficient, but their are so many intangibles and variables in this process it is impossible to streamline.

If you think this is bad, read some threads about applying to, interviewing and matching into a residency slot. It sounds even more terrifying then applying to medical school.

DitchDoc73

5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Let's face it... Schools do make money off of this process... I think it is acceptable to hold up to 2 acceptances, until you have made a final decision. If you are holding more than 2 acceptances, then it is excessive...

MSmentor018

Hooah!
10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2007
it's always hot!
Status
Attending Physician
Y
If you think this is bad, read some threads about applying to, interviewing and matching into a residency slot. It sounds even more terrifying then applying to medical school.
yes, its a bigger pain in the ass, more paperwork, x10 more expensive, very intense interview game, and unlike applying to med school, you don't get a guarantee of acceptance!

illegallysmooth

Smooth member
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Buffalove
Status
Attending Physician
Seriously? Who cares. When you get an acceptance, you get the right to take the time to decide on where you will attend school - which will have HUGE effects on your life. No one should feel rushed into a decision because they're worried about inconveniencing those on the waitlist.

May 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I do feel bad about people who are only on waitlists and are waiting for people to drop seats.

For the record though, I am holding acceptances at two schools. BUT, I do have a good reason to. At first I put both down because I couldn't make a decision (and this was back in November or December or something), but now, I know I want to go to Touro, but it's a provisional acceptance, so I'm not going to drop my acceptance at AZCOM until my grades come in for this semester. I know it's late, but I can't risk not having an acceptance anywhere by withdrawing earlier.

You never know what people are waiting on when they are holding more than one acceptance! Even if they're just having a really hard time deciding, because lets face it, it's a huge decision. Especially if there's family or a significant other involved.

Jan 25, 2010
Status
I think everyone has good points on here but, really you guys are looking at it as if the universe is made out of one dimension.

For my 3-dimensional explanation:

Personally there are people who applied early, like JUNE, and got accepted to lets say their 4th choice or something like that, and haven't heard a thing from their first choice. They are obviously going to put down a deposit. (SCHOOL 1)

Then the same person here receives another interview from their 3rd choice school, and successfully obtains an acceptance. Well, they could either drop their 4th choice or keep it because they found out many pros and cons about both schools from reading SDN (which keeps updating itself everyday from everyone) Thus (SCHOOL 2)

Then it's March, the last run till you get that 1st choice. Let's say you got an interview but you are wait listed, OH **** now what? You are still scrambling to figure out where you want to go from your previous two choices. So as you wait longer, 2nd choice gives you an interview and then accepts you. OF COURSE you are going to put a deposit down. (SCHOOL 3)

Now are you really the bad guy? Are you screwing everyone over? Probably. But you didn't intend to. The system is messed up. But some people do have special circumstances. If they spent the time and money just like you did, and maybe more, why not let them decide? AACOMAS should change the May policy, but because D.O schools allow long periods accepting applications, it creates such a rift.

We can't blame each other. It's really the system.

May 13, 2009
NJ
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe it's motivation to continue working hard through the app cycle just in case you have to reapply.

RevDoc

Class of 2014
Oct 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
You have until May (seems like the 15th but not sure) to hold multiple seats. At that point, you must withdraw from all but one. So, its not multiple seat holders keeping people in wait until August.

I myself hold 2 seats (not both DO though), but I declined a third so that someone else could have the seat. The only reason I keep the 2 is so that I can take the time to make the best decision for me and my family, including looking at scholarship offers, which have just started coming. I worked my butt off to get here, and feel that I earned the right to take a couple of months to make an informed decision.

That said, as soon as I know for sure, I will drop to 1 seat that very day so that another person can get in and make plans for the Fall.

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
If you've got the thousands of dollars (yup, thousands) ... then go for it. Remember though that 99.9% of these are non-refundable, and there are full waiting lists of people who would kill for a spot.

RevDoc

Class of 2014
Oct 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
If you've got the thousands of dollars (yup, thousands) ... then go for it. Remember though that 99.9% of these are non-refundable, and there are full waiting lists of people who would kill for a spot.
Both my schools are $100 deposits

The Poet Sings

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
Far from home :-)
Status
Medical Student
yes, its a bigger pain in the ass, more paperwork, x10 more expensive, very intense interview game, and unlike applying to med school, you don't get a guarantee of acceptance!
since when was anyone guaranteed acceptance to med school? did i miss/misunderstand something here?

JRjcu08

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You have until May (seems like the 15th but not sure) to hold multiple seats. At that point, you must withdraw from all but one. So, its not multiple seat holders keeping people in wait until August.

That said, as soon as I know for sure, I will drop to 1 seat that very day so that another person can get in and make plans for the Fall.
In Allo-world, the May 15th date is true. There is NO DATE where those holding multiple DO acceptances must give up all but one. You can even wait until the start of classes to say you're not coming. This is what is broken and needs to be fixed.

Reactions: dr_axolotl
Jul 31, 2009
Status
To solve your financial Aid problems you can put all of your schools of interest, that you applied to or even if you are just bored on the FAFSA. the point is you can put any school on the FAFSA and if you are smart you should do this so if you are waitlisted you have that already in the system . Another tip go to the waitlisted school and print all of the physical papers so you can take them all at once to your dr. to be filled out.

BestDoctorEver

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Give the deposit to schools you wanna attend.. As as doctor you will earn that money back.

illegallysmooth

Smooth member
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Buffalove
Status
Attending Physician
To solve your financial Aid problems you can put all of your schools of interest, that you applied to or even if you are just bored on the FAFSA. the point is you can put any school on the FAFSA and if you are smart you should do this so if you are waitlisted you have that already in the system . Another tip go to the waitlisted school and print all of the physical papers so you can take them all at once to your dr. to be filled out.

???

Jul 31, 2009
Status
I am sorry that I was not clear.
In a few posts up someone said that one of the bad things about being pulled off of the waitlist at the last minute is having to do Financial Aide at the last minute. I was advising you can do your FAFSA now and add any school you want the infromation is sent to the school electronically. If the school has not accepted you at that time they just wont prepare a package for you. However when they do accept you off of the list your information in in their system already.
The second advice I was trying to say is about your medical physicals...each school has their own forms and for the most part these forms can be found on the schools website. You can print these forms and go to your doctor at one time with all of them and get them filled out. Holed the forms and when you need them you have them ready. This will prevent mulitple trips to the doctor, and one less thing to do in a hectic situation.

Good luck for anyone waiting to get off of the waitlist:xf::xf:

Nov 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I think everyone has good points on here but, really you guys are looking at it as if the universe is made out of one dimension.

For my 3-dimensional explanation:

Personally there are people who applied early, like JUNE, and got accepted to lets say their 4th choice or something like that, and haven't heard a thing from their first choice. They are obviously going to put down a deposit. (SCHOOL 1)

Then the same person here receives another interview from their 3rd choice school, and successfully obtains an acceptance. Well, they could either drop their 4th choice or keep it because they found out many pros and cons about both schools from reading SDN (which keeps updating itself everyday from everyone) Thus (SCHOOL 2)

Then it's March, the last run till you get that 1st choice. Let's say you got an interview but you are wait listed, OH **** now what? You are still scrambling to figure out where you want to go from your previous two choices. So as you wait longer, 2nd choice gives you an interview and then accepts you. OF COURSE you are going to put a deposit down. (SCHOOL 3)

Now are you really the bad guy? Are you screwing everyone over? Probably. But you didn't intend to. The system is messed up. But some people do have special circumstances. If they spent the time and money just like you did, and maybe more, why not let them decide? AACOMAS should change the May policy, but because D.O schools allow long periods accepting applications, it creates such a rift.

We can't blame each other. It's really the system.
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
:thumbup::thumbup:
Schools don't run on the same schedules, making it nearly impossible for us to make early definitive decisions (unless the first school that accepts you is your #1 choice). I can't find it within myself to resent people who hold multiple seats because chances are they are 1) a more competitive applicant or 2) they turned in their application earlier than I did. Either way, it's their right to take the time they need to make the decision that is right for them. It makes no sense for those people to rush or feel guilty for taking the time to decide the next few years of their life because of some strangers who weren't as competitive or just made applying early less of a priority.

If you have the scores/experiences to gain multiple acceptances and the money for multiple deposits, more power to you. However, I do agree AACOMAS should add an end date for when applicants must withdraw from all schools but one.

Melicopter

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I think you should differentiate people who are lazy and just don't drop an acceptance from people who are honestly trying to decide.

A few examples (much like HimeMomo's):

The first school accepts you in December. You obviously give them a deposit, as they are your only acceptance.

The next couple of schools that accept you are not as cool as the first school, so you decline their acceptances, freeing up the spots for others.

Another school accepts you, but by now it is February, and they say you have to decide within two weeks. You submit a deposit, but seriously - two weeks? You decide you want more information, so you don't withdraw your first deposit.

You're ready to decide between the two, and finally (four months after your first interview) your first choice interviews you. Hurray! Now you still don't know whether or not they'll accept you. You decide between the previous two, but still hang onto one of the schools (knowing you'll drop it if you get your first choice).

The necessity for holding multiple acceptances is in part due to the four months between interview 1 and interview 5. On the other hand, it would be impossible for all the schools to coordinate and interview people within a short timeframe.

If people really are holding multiple acceptances past May (or April, or whenever all the schools get back to everyone), I think that is a problem. On the other hand, don't go overboard and say that no one should be able to have more than one at a time.

Nov 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I think you should differentiate people who are lazy and just don't drop an acceptance from people who are honestly trying to decide.

If people really are holding multiple acceptances past May (or April, or whenever all the schools get back to everyone), I think that is a problem. On the other hand, don't go overboard and say that no one should be able to have more than one at a time.
Agreed.:)

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
JRjcu08 - I TOTALLLY agree with you!!!!! I know people are depositing to more than one school because if you read through some of the school specific threads you will clearly see who those people are!!!

I am no better to be perfectly honest. I have two acceptances as well and will withdraw this week.

Chesyre - I respect you but dont agree with your statement. I think AACOMAS should keep track of people who got accepted.

I think the schools should notify AACOMAS NOT the individual who got accepted and AACOMAS should notify the individual of the acceptance.

This way AACOMAS can prevent multiple deposits to multiple schools. It will all be centralized and one company can keep track of all acceptances, withdrawals, and rejections.

So essentially with a system like that you want to limit individuals' personal freedom and liberty of choosing which institution to attend if multiple schools deemed them worthy of acceptance. People get accepted and different times to different schools that they have ranked in their head. For example, one might really want to get into the school of their local state/region, but get accepted to a school on the other side of the country first. This individual thinks both are of equal merit and quality and would go to either but would prefer the local school if they were accepted (due to personal preference or familial reasons). They should have the ability to hold that acceptance, while waiting to see if they get an interview or acceptance to another school. It is unfair to make someone only eligible to the first school they get an acceptance for.

With that in mind, the no-refund deposits are burdensome and very expensive, but I understand why most DO schools have it set up that way. But to lock in accepted individuals to one school is unfair to them and their hard work while they wait to see about other interview opportunities or acceptances, or financial aid packages. However, there should be a date in place like the MD schools where you cannot sit on multiple acceptances. I think the date when AACOMAS opens up for the next cycle is a perfectly acceptable date (since some DO deadlines are very late).

Feb 12, 2010
Status
So essentially with a system like that you want to limit individuals' personal freedom and liberty of choosing which institution to attend if multiple schools deemed them worthy of acceptance. People get accepted and different times to different schools that they have ranked in their head. For example, one might really want to get into the school of their local state/region, but get accepted to a school on the other side of the country first. This individual thinks both are of equal merit and quality and would go to either but would prefer the local school if they were accepted (due to personal preference or familial reasons). They should have the ability to hold that acceptance, while waiting to see if they get an interview or acceptance to another school. It is unfair to make someone only eligible to the first school they get an acceptance for.

With that in mind, the no-refund deposits are burdensome and very expensive, but I understand why most DO schools have it set up that way. But to lock in accepted individuals to one school is unfair to them and their hard work while they wait to see about other interview opportunities or acceptances, or financial aid packages.
Look, there will never be a perfect system in place. All i'm saying there should be something in place that is fair that's all.

Its also unfair for people on the waitlist to get accepted the day before orientation starts because some idiot decided to withdraw last min or even worse not even tell the school they are not willing to attend. I've heard of stories where people have no courtesy to even let the school know that they dont want to attend there anymore.

All i'm saying is that there needs to be a better system in place, that's all.

spence

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2009
Michigan
Status
Medical Student
Look, there will never be a perfect system in place. All i'm saying there should be something in place that is fair that's all.

Its also unfair for people on the waitlist to get accepted the day before orientation starts because some idiot decided to withdraw last min or even worse not even tell the school they are not willing to attend. I've heard of stories where people have no courtesy to even let the school know that they dont want to attend there anymore.

All i'm saying is that there needs to be a better system in place, that's all.
I would think that most of the time the people who withdraw from a school in the days immediately before classes start probably had some sort of emergency/unique situation and aren't just being a jerk. If I were a person on the waitlist and didn't have any other acceptances I would be really excited to get that last minute spot, it's much better that a person get called of the waitlist last minute than for a seat to go empty.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2009
Status
Can the person that knows of DO schools with cheap deposits please post. Someone put UMDNJ is there any other schools. There are people that read this forum and that can be helpful to them when they are applying next year. Thanks

Cheshyre

Hooray Bikes!
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Le Mitten.
Status
Medical Student
Can the person that knows of DO schools with cheap deposits please post. Someone put UMDNJ is there any other schools. There are people that read this forum and that can be helpful to them when they are applying next year. Thanks
This is from Jaggerplate's COMLEX Pass Rate Sheet. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=586991&page=2)

Quote and Add/Fix. This is all in the CIB, but I've gotta go to work now.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I present to you, the fabled, the grand, 2009-2010 Osteopathic Medical School Matriculation Deposit List!

ATSU-KCOM:
ATSU-SOMA:
AZCOM:
CCOM:
DMU:
GA- PCOM:
KCUMB:
LECOM-E:
LECOM-B:
LMU-DCOM:
MSUCOM:
NSUCOM:
NYCOM:
OSUCOM:
OUCOM:
PNWU-COM:
PCOM -PA:
PCSOM:
RVUCOM:
TU-NY:
TU-MI:
TU-NV:
UMDNJ:185
UNECOM:
TCOM:
VCOM:
Western:
WVCOM:
WCUCOM:

spence

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2009
Michigan
Status
Medical Student
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I present to you, the fabled, the grand, 2009-2010 Osteopathic Medical School Matriculation Deposit List!

ATSU-KCOM:
ATSU-SOMA:
AZCOM:
CCOM:
DMU:
GA- PCOM:
KCUMB:
LECOM-E:
LECOM-B:
LMU-DCOM:
MSUCOM: $1050
NSUCOM:
NYCOM:
OSUCOM:
OUCOM:
PNWU-COM:
PCOM -PA:
PCSOM:
RVUCOM:
TU-NY:
TU-MI:
TU-NV:
UNECOM:
TCOM:
VCOM:
Western:
WVCOM:
WCUCOM:

Jul 31, 2009
Status
:laugh:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

ATSU-KCOM:
ATSU-SOMA:
AZCOM:
CCOM:
DMU:
GA- PCOM:
KCUMB:
LECOM-E:
LECOM-B:
LMU-DCOM:
MSUCOM: $1050
NSUCOM:
NYCOM:
OSUCOM:
OUCOM:
PNWU-COM:
PCOM -PA:
PCSOM:
RVUCOM:
TU-NY:
TU-MI:
TU-NV:
UNECOM:
TCOM:
VCOM:
Western:
WVCOM:
WCUCOM:

JRjcu08

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]

ATSU-KCOM: $1000, then $500 due 4/15, then $500 due 5/15
ATSU-SOMA: $1000, then $500 due 4/15, then $500 due 5/15
AZCOM: $1000, $100 refunded if withdraw within two weeks of
matriculation.
CCOM:$1000, Partially refundable up until 30 calendar
days prior to the first day of new student orientation.
DMU: $1000
GA- PCOM: $250, then $2000 by 4/15
KCUMB: $1000, then another $1000 in March
LECOM-E: $1500
LECOM-B: $1500
LMU-DCOM: $2000
MSUCOM: $750, then $250 fees (refundable)
NSUCOM: $2000
NYCOM: $1500
OSUCOM: $100, refundable by 5/15
OUCOM: $100, then $500 by 5/15
PNWU-COM: $1000
PCOM -PA: $250, then $2000 by 4/15
PCSOM: $1000
RVUCOM: $500, then $1500 30 days later
TU-NY:$2000, then $1000 (this part refundable)
TU-MI: $2000, then $1000 by 5/15 (this part refundable)
TU-NV: $2000, then $100 (all but $100 refundable)
UMDNJ:$185
UNECOM: $500, then $1500 within 60 days (this part refundable)
TCOM: none
VCOM:$1500
Western: $1000, then $1000
WVCOM: in state: $500, then $500 -- out of state: $2000 then $1000
WCUCOM: $3000

Reactions: strb_thndr

RevDoc

Class of 2014
Oct 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
All 3 of my schools are state schools - thus the lower deposit. The 2 DOs are listed in the "fabled" list lol I mis-spoke about TCOMs deposit being $100 as I see its none - I didnt accept their offer so I was going off what I thought I remembered them saying at interview. OSU is my accepted DO school.

BTW - both of these schools have reasonable OOS tuition compared to what you guys are paying elsewhere even if you arent IS.