cluelessme7

2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2017
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone,

Current PM&R resident--I have been searching the forums for an updated guide to what some good books/resources are to better understand MSK and accompanying anatomy. Would greatly appreciate some suggestions/advice, thanks in advance!

drg123

2+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2017
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone,

Current PM&R resident--I have been searching the forums for an updated guide to what some good books/resources are to better understand MSK and accompanying anatomy. Would greatly appreciate some suggestions/advice, thanks in advance!
Hi. I'm not a resident yet, but hope to be soon. I've been using these books. I've seen some of the residents on my rotation with them too.

Amazon product
Amazon product

bear2020

2+ Year Member
May 30, 2018
Hey everyone,

Honestly the EMG books are great. Katirgi and Preston & Shapiro. You really have to know the anatomy of the musculature and nerves to be good at it.

Kissmyabjj

5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2014
  • Peripheral joint biomechanics: Kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system - Neumann (amazing for the distal extremities especially), Joint Structure and Function - Levangie (best for shoulders and knees)
  • Lumbar spine biomechanics/rehab: Low Back Disorders - McGill, Rehabilitation of the Spine -Liebenson
    • Anxious to start reading Bogduk's book too, but I promised myself I would finish Shumway-Cook's Motor Control textbook first
  • EMG's: Agree with Bear2020 above on Preston and Shapiro - amazing book. I have read it all the way through almost twice. Not on an EMG rotation right now; so not currently focusing on them though.

About the Ads