MWU-Glendale People???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmerted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing my supplemental app essay. What is Glendale famous for? What are its strengths?? I need to answer the question, why Glendale?

Is it known for excellence in clinical performance, academics or research?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

pharmerted said:
I am writing my supplemental app essay. What is Glendale famous for? What are its strengths?? I need to answer the question, why Glendale?

Is it known for excellence in clinical performance, academics or research?

Thank you!!

MWU-CPG's pharmacy program is still relatively new (under a decade old), so I don't think there's been enough time yet for it to be famous for anything. That being said, 'research' is definitely not its forte. They are very big on their professors being teachers first, and researchers second. (Unlike the other state school.) They are very big on teaching/preaching the importance of clinical pharmacy, since their party line seems to be that retail will soon be dead.

what would be some excellent reasons on why someone would pick glendale over 10 other schools. I need to construct a convincing reason why i would pick it over other schools. I understand that they emphasize clinical aspects. is there anything unique about the school compared to other pharm schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmerted said:
what would be some excellent reasons on why someone would pick glendale over 10 other schools. I need to construct a convincing reason why i would pick it over other schools.

That is something you should come up with on your own. ;) Why one person chooses to go to one school may not be the same reason as someone else.

Read their website. List the unique things that stand out to YOU. :thumbup:

You could talk about their integrated approach. We learn the disease states, pharmacology and medicianl chemistry associated with the treatments together in one class devoted to that particular "system.' For example, we have an entire class devoted to antimicrobials. A second year may be better at explaining it. They are just finishing up cardiovascular (and CNS??) I believe.

You could also talk about the early opportunity within the curriculum to observe in a pharmacy.

If you have visited the campus you could talk about your "feel" for it. Did it feel like a place you wanted to be and why (friendliness, open door policy, etc.)

Sorry this is a bit unorganized; I'm in the middle of studying for finals....

off2skl said:
You could talk about their integrated approach. We learn the disease states, pharmacology and medicianl chemistry associated with the treatments together in one class devoted to that particular "system.' For example, we have an entire class devoted to antimicrobials. A second year may be better at explaining it. They are just finishing up cardiovascular (and CNS??) I believe.

I admit that the Integrated Sequence aspect of the curriculum piqued my interest. But I want to know why you pointed to only second year students for more information?? Us third year students (and graduates) know stuff too!!

:laugh:
j/k

Oh, and good luck on finals.

ForgetMeNot said:
I admit that the Integrated Sequence aspect of the curriculum piqued my interest. But I want to know why you pointed to only second year students for more information?? Us third year students (and graduates) know stuff too!!

:laugh:
j/k

Oh, and good luck on finals.

Sorry, half brain dead from studying! Guess I just remembered them cuz I see them around :) Sorry :)