MWU - Midwestern University - Glendale, AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSguyLA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a question.
Just want to know approx how many people does this school interview each year?? I know they've only been around for a couple of years but do you guys know how many they interview and how many seats they have available. I want to come up with a ratio (interview/acceptance)...

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
3000+ applications, 300 interviews, 100-120 for their second class (they are adding more preclinical chairs)

Tell em some of your silly jokes and you'll get in :p

Agaram yek zan dasht mosaebat mikard, say kon lass nazani, although i know you better than that :D

3000+ applications, 300 interviews, 100-120 for their second class (they are adding more preclinical chairs)

They are interviewing 300 people before Dec 1st, and will fill around 60 spots. There will still be more interviews next year January through March, which means they will interview another 200 some people for the remaining 40-50 spots, hence a total of around 400 - 500 interviews for the 110 - 120 spots for the 2nd class.

They are interviewing 300 people before Dec 1st, and will fill around 60 spots. There will still be more interviews next year January through March, which means they will interview another 200 some people for the remaining 40-50 spots, hence a total of around 400 - 500 interviews for the 110 - 120 spots for the 2nd class.

I actually heard that Midwesten will probably receive some 25-3500 applications this year and will only interview 400 for the 100-120 slots.

I would assume that if you received an interview invite early, say August-November, then you would be at the top of their list. The ealrier the better your chances? I do not know if there is any truth to that but in my mind that is how it works.

I actually heard that Midwesten will probably receive some 25-3500 applications this year and will only interview 400 for the 100-120 slots.

I would assume that if you received an interview invite early, say August-November, then you would be at the top of their list. The ealrier the better your chances? I do not know if there is any truth to that but in my mind that is how it works.

Usually the earlier the better, but it really is luck. If you get an early interview, you better really really stand out, so they can remember you when they decide the week before Dec 1st.

300 before December and accept 100. Not everyone accepted will go there so they will interview 200 after December for the remaining spots. That is what Dr. Simenson told us during our interviews

Usually the earlier the better, but it really is luck. If you get an early interview, you better really really stand out, so they can remember you when they decide the week before Dec 1st.

Admissions committees will usually meet periodically during the interview process to talk about applicants. It is very likely they choose those they would like to accept at that time rather than waiting until late November to decide on people they interviewed 2-3 months ago. They just wont tell you about acceptance until December 1.