MWU's LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tfchentx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For Midwestern AZ and IL, they both require a letter from the science professor.

This is where it gets interesting, IL said my application was completed and AZ said I still need to send in a letter from the science professor. Two of my LORs are from biology instructors (they taught the class, but didn't have the title "professor").

I am just wondering, does MWU AZ wants to see "professor" in the title for LORs? Most schools wants at least the college level science instructor LORs, so I am a little confused...

***OK THIS IS THE UPDATE***
I e-mailed MWU AZ on 7/21 and they get back to me on 7/22 with the problem about LORs fixed.
I usually won't call directly unless it's an emergency or a complicate situation since, so far, all admission offices are pretty good at getting the e-mails back within a day or two.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've got a weird situation too. MWU-IL is clear. Still shows one missing letter for MWU-AZ. I hate to call and annoy, but my stuff is there.

For Midwestern AZ and IL, they both require a letter from the science professor.

This is where it gets interesting, IL said my application was completed and AZ said I still need to send in a letter from the science professor. Two of my LORs are from biology instructors (they taught the class, but didn't have the title "professor").

I am just wondering, does MWU AZ wants to see "professor" in the title for LORs? Most schools wants at least the college level science instructor LORs, so I am a little confused...

I would directly call them and sort this out.
It'll just help the process move quicker without furthur delay --- i know, because I applied also to both MWU AZ and IL .
my situation was that only one letter had been sent, and my second letter was just sent (i just saw aadsas post that it'll be mailed out tomorrow)...

MWU IL is still waiting for this second letter for my app to be complete (correct)

MWU AZ however, sent out an email about 3 weeks ago saying my app was now complete and moving onto the decision making stage. I called them immediately afterwards (because on MWUnet it says that two letters had been received...when i had only even sent one !?! :confused::confused: ) and after speaking to someone there, they kept assuring me that MWUnet was incorrect and that they still were waiting for a second letter (EVEN though the email i got stated otherwise))

I wasn't too trusting of the guy i talked to, just cause he seemed more interested in ending the call than listening to me explain out the situation fully, so I called back a week or two later, spoke to someone else, and they assured me it was NOT completed and there may have just been a mistake, and changed my MWUnet status right on the phone with me.
This second person I talked to said they go off the MWUnet status mostly, so if THAT is incorrect, then that's when i'd be worried/call and talk to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would directly call them and sort this out.
It'll just help the process move quicker without furthur delay --- i know, because I applied also to both MWU AZ and IL .
my situation was that only one letter had been sent, and my second letter was just sent (i just saw aadsas post that it'll be mailed out tomorrow)...

MWU IL is still waiting for this second letter for my app to be complete (correct)

MWU AZ however, sent out an email about 3 weeks ago saying my app was now complete and moving onto the decision making stage. I called them immediately afterwards (because on MWUnet it says that two letters had been received...when i had only even sent one !?! :confused::confused: ) and after speaking to someone there, they kept assuring me that MWUnet was incorrect and that they still were waiting for a second letter (EVEN though the email i got stated otherwise))

I wasn't too trusting of the guy i talked to, just cause he seemed more interested in ending the call than listening to me explain out the situation fully, so I called back a week or two later, spoke to someone else, and they assured me it was NOT completed and there may have just been a mistake, and changed my MWUnet status right on the phone with me.
This second person I talked to said they go off the MWUnet status mostly, so if THAT is incorrect, then that's when i'd be worried/call and talk to them.

Thanks for the inputs.

OK. I e-mailed MWU AZ. Let's see when and what will they respond. I always like to keep a paper copy of conversations just to have a reference.

Hello,
I ran into the same problem with the AZ vs IL campus. Since I am preparing to start a masters program in IL I figured I would just give admissions a call.
They were very helpful and explained that both schools handle paperwork and the process differently, further my "science" prof did not indicate what science course he taught me in undergrad. This lead to the LOR being misfiled, in order to correct this I had to have my prof email his title and the courses he taught me to the admissions office. He did within about 15 mins and then I called back. The very nice lady said she received the email and the issue would be remedied. I inquired if because of this issue had my app been held up and she said yes.

So basically call, email the Prof, have them email, confirm...and then confirm on MWUnet.

Just FYI this all took place in a day so they are on top of things.

They probably acknowledged their relationship to you in the letter. ie "I taught ___ in biology blah blah blah"

Thanks for the inputs.

OK. I e-mailed MWU AZ. Let's see when and what will they respond. I always like to keep a paper copy of conversations just to have a reference.

Just a straight up call would be better.
I emailed at first too, but each email i got was "Your situation would be best directed to so and so at # / email " .. I would call the #, leave a voicemail, not hear back, and then email them and get the same sorta "Sorry for the confusion, but your question would better be geared to *lists another person and their info*"
after this cycle a few times i just called and got it sorted out plain and simple :thumbup:

Just checked my MWUnet account. All green checkmarks! So time to :xf:

All in a matter of a few hours!

I emailed but the situation is so weird that it gets confusing.

I was literally dialing and clicked back to the status screen from the contact page and now it's complete. Maybe they're reading this thread.

I emailed but the situation is so weird that it gets confusing.

I was literally dialing and clicked back to the status screen from the contact page and now it's complete. Maybe they're reading this thread.

If your stuff is already THERE though and its just not appearing for a couple days, i mean, you cant be pushy/impatient with that kinda stuff .... obviously it just takes a while for them input stuff into the system

i was talking more about the OP and them mixing up letter statuses -

If your stuff is already THERE though and its just not appearing for a couple days, i mean, you cant be pushy/impatient with that kinda stuff .... obviously it just takes a while for them input stuff into the system

i was talking more about the OP and them mixing up letter statuses -

I was more worried about how it was being handled. Mine is a composite of several letters. For several days it showed the generic cover letter as one of my recommendation letters and all of the other letters as a committee/science letter. So I was still missing one, even though there are several letters there. It's not a true committee letter so I didn't want them treating it as just meeting that one requirement.

So they acknowledged that there are several letters today. It does however still show the cover letter as a recommendation letter, a science letter as a normal recommendation letter, and a dentist letter as a science/committee letter. But I'll sit on that for a couple of days since I am aware it takes some time to review this stuff.

I was more worried about how it was being handled. Mine is a composite of several letters. For several days it showed the generic cover letter as one of my recommendation letters and all of the other letters as a committee/science letter. So I was still missing one, even though there are several letters there. It's not a true committee letter so I didn't want them treating it as just meeting that one requirement.

So they acknowledged that there are several letters today. It does however still show the cover letter as a recommendation letter, a science letter as a normal recommendation letter, and a dentist letter as a science/committee letter. But I'll sit on that for a couple of days since I am aware it takes some time to review this stuff.

no need to get snarky,
i was just mentioning you might not want to call right away just cause things aren't uploaded as you liked, since in your first post it didnt seem like there were issues, but just merely it wasnt being updated.

:rolleyes:

Snarky. I like that. But you're right. I re-read what I wrote and did appear to by a whiny kid who calls admissions three times a day. So I admit my douchery.

It's uptight snark season. I need to be kept in line.

I have an interesting problem/situation with mwu IL. They received all but the "committee letter", which I understand can also be a letter from a science prof. The first two letters received were from a dentist and a humanities professor so recommendation letters 1 and 2 were checked off. My two science prof letters sent out on 7/18 but it shows that the committee letter is still needed. I know they take time to sort through, I guess, even though LOR 1 and 2 uploaded right away. So I guess what I am asking is, should I just sit tight and wait or should I just call and ask? Anyone else is this situation?

I have an interesting problem/situation with mwu IL. They received all but the "committee letter", which I understand can also be a letter from a science prof. The first two letters received were from a dentist and a humanities professor so recommendation letters 1 and 2 were checked off. My two science prof letters sent out on 7/18 but it shows that the committee letter is still needed. I know they take time to sort through, I guess, even though LOR 1 and 2 uploaded right away. So I guess what I am asking is, should I just sit tight and wait or should I just call and ask? Anyone else is this situation?

This is exactly the situation I have with MWU AZ. Someone suggested to call. I e-mailed first.

This is exactly the situation I have with MWU AZ. Someone suggested to call. I e-mailed first.

Ah, looking at your first post again, I realize it is the same situation. Lol hopefully they back to you soon! I will email tomorrow or maybe call on Monday.

I called AZ yesterday. They are having problems with their system. Many applicants are having various issues with LOR. I have one LOR missing, even though I don't, and they have it titled as a committee letter, which I don't have. They said it will take time to correct each applicant's issue and to call back later if it is not fixed.

I would call anyways to make sure they are aware of your problem.