This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rescind

• Yeah

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 83.3%
  • IDK

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

thehoustonian

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
First of all, I'm glad you caught this! You're only human so try not to beat yourself up for this.

The way I see it, you really only have two options, right? You either tell them, or you don't. If you don't tell them and then they find out, you could be blacklisted IIRC (and they may indeed find out during your background check). I think it'd be best to just submit an Academic Change Request on AMCAS as soon as humanly possible. If it is approved, then AMCAS will update the schools ASAP. See the diction below from their website. Additionally, maybe an SDN Adcom can comment on whether it is necessary to let AdComs know directly via email, update letter, etc. of this oversight.

"Add a school and the associated coursework, if you failed to report the school on the AMCAS application at the time of submission. However, you are required to submit the transcript from the institution that was not included when submitting the application. The official transcript must be received prior to submitting the Academic Change Request. If the transcript is not received by AMCAS prior to submitting the Academic Change Request, it will be denied."

First of all, I'm glad you caught this! You're only human so try not to beat yourself up for this.

The way I see it, you really only have two options, right? You either tell them, or you don't. If you don't tell them and then they find out, you could be blacklisted IIRC (and they may indeed find out during your background check). I think it'd be best to just submit an Academic Change Request on AMCAS as soon as humanly possible. If it is approved, then AMCAS will update the schools ASAP. See the diction below from their website. Additionally, maybe an SDN Adcom can comment on whether it is necessary to let AdComs know directly via email, update letter, etc. of this oversight.

"Add a school and the associated coursework, if you failed to report the school on the AMCAS application at the time of submission. However, you are required to submit the transcript from the institution that was not included when submitting the application. The official transcript must be received prior to submitting the Academic Change Request. If the transcript is not received by AMCAS prior to submitting the Academic Change Request, it will be denied."
I will be sure to do this. Thank you so much for your advice and I would also be interested to know as well.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Reach out to the director of admissions and just talk to them! I PROMISE you this is fine. Just communicate that you want to be honest and you realize you made a mistake! You'll be fine

Reactions: 2 users
A 'W' shouldn't change the equation. It's not like you are trying to hide an F or something like that. Reach out and make the necessary corrections, and you should be both golden and have a big monkey off your back.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

A 'W' shouldn't change the equation. It's not like you are trying to hide an F or something like that. Reach out and make the necessary corrections, and you should be both golden and have a big monkey off your back.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Gotcha makes sense. Thanks!