I hate to beat the dead horse too, but I have to echo some of the sentiments of the OP (although I'll try to be less douchey about it).
Like the OP, I'm also graduating in a month or so. I don't have a job yet, but I am confident I will get one eventually. (And no, I don't expect everything handed to me on a silver platter.) I think that our class will be okay as far as being able to pay back loans, but I do worry about younger classes' ability to do so.
I think education in general is in a bubble that will burst at some point. Tuition loans are too easy to obtain. Colleges can charge students whatever they want, knowing the students will get their easy credit and pay. But eventually (much like the real estate bubble) too many students will default on their loans when they can't get return on their investment, and the lenders will go under and/or need to be bailed out. And I think pharmacy will definitely be a part of this.
We all know about the number of pharmacy schools opening and the huge amount of new pharmacists they're going to churn out. And yes, that will inevitably make our salaries go down and finding jobs more difficult/competitive. But I worry more about the future of retail pharmacy because of new technology and because of its dependence on arbitrary laws to prop it up.
I know state boards will work furiously to deem med vending machines unsafe for the public, but I feel like all it will take is one success. Also, a lot of meds that have been arbitrarily defined as prescription only could easily be switched to being arbitrarily defined as OTC - leading to less need for retail employees. Or laws could easily change to tech check tech work. Any of these things could happen. Are they likely? Probably not anytime soon (I'd say it's at least 5 to 10 years away, maybe more before any one happens), but it's enough to make the future very uncertain.
And yes, I know that the economy as a whole is awful. And the job market for all/most professions is equally bad. So what is my advice? Definitely don't go into pharmacy if you want to do retail pharmacy - it's far too uncertain. If you really like some other niche role in pharmacy, then I say go for it - just make sure you get experience in it while you're in school so you're competitive for the position when you get out.
I really don't know what else I'd advise people to go into if you're in the US. Our phony economy is going to continue crashing and our empire will finally come to an end. So I'm thinking about learning a foreign language, leaving the country, and teaching English. That's what I would do if I could do it all over again.
Sorry to pile on the doom and gloom, but I wish I would have had more perspectives before I started pharmacy school four years ago, so I thought I'd add mine.