my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Surrah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, i attend the university at albany and i'm finishing my first year. tomorrow im sending my application to uconn to transfer into their prepharmacy program. anyone have any idea how difficult this would be? my first semester gpa was a 3.23, with a major in biology. if i don't get accepted, is my best option to go to community college for a semester and apply again?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently, i attend the university at albany and i'm finishing my first year. tomorrow im sending my application to uconn to transfer into their prepharmacy program. anyone have any idea how difficult this would be? my first semester gpa was a 3.23, with a major in biology. if i don't get accepted, is my best option to go to community college for a semester and apply again?

Well, the pharmacy schools will know that community colleges aren't even compared to the Universities. However, I don't know anyone who has applied straight from the community college unless they have a good reason why they are at a community college (financial). You have to work harder this semester to get better grades because you're a freshman right now. You have the opportunity to get your grades up easily. The pharmacy schools will look at every college you have attended so it doesn't really matter if you transfer to a different college to start a "clean slate". They also consider the difficulty of the colleges. There are many factors to it. Anyways, I am glad that you are trying to do something about it very early. I found out about this forums too late. Best of luck!

Well, the pharmacy schools will know that community colleges aren't even compared to the Universities. However, I don't know anyone who has applied straight from the community college unless they have a good reason why they are at a community college (financial). You have to work harder this semester to get better grades because you're a freshman right now. You have the opportunity to get your grades up easily. The pharmacy schools will look at every college you have attended so it doesn't really matter if you transfer to a different college to start a "clean slate". They also consider the difficulty of the colleges. There are many factors to it. Anyways, I am glad that you are trying to do something about it very early. I found out about this forums too late. Best of luck!

its preferable to go to a UC but many get accepted from community colleges actually, you just need to stand out and get the grades. It depends on the school you want to apply to as well, and I do not know if Albany would strongly prefer a UC. Maybe you can consult the school?