My friend started an anesthesia webcomic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HmmPie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend started an anesthesia webcomic/instagram account called "Anesthesia_Comics"
The link is https://www.instagram.com/anesthesia_comics/

Sorry if this feels like spam. I hope people like it.

Please let me know if you have questions/suggestions/submissions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Elemental and unfunny.

Reactions: 1 users
The webcomics I read have interesting topics and good drawing. They even have color. Panels would also be nice

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool stick figures, wry humour, clever, seems inspired by xkcd which I love! :)

i actually agree with consigliere which is rare i know. I got that talent show feeling when I was looking at this.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, thanks for the responses, both positive and negative. I think its just cool that people checked something out and gave feedback.

At GaseousClay, what do you mean by "talent show feeling"? Can you elaborate?

Talent shows are where high school kids who really aren't good at anything shamelessly inflict their mediocrity on large gatherings of people, who pretend to enjoy it because the alternative is sitting through 5th period english lit.

But no one here needs an excuse to get out of class.

These cartoons aren't bad because the art is simple and stick figure-ish ... the couple I looked at were bad because they portray anesthesia residents as lazy, entitled, inattentive, whiny children.

My friend started an anesthesia webcomic/instagram account called "Anesthesia_Comics"
The link is https://www.instagram.com/anesthesia_comics/

Sorry if this feels like spam. I hope people like it.

Please let me know if you have questions/suggestions/submissions

Are you by chance a member of the Michigan 68? Excuse me, the michigan 66 or whatever their number is now?

At GaseousClay, what do you mean by "talent show feeling"? Can you elaborate?

you know that feeling where someone is up on stage on a talent show and they really believe they are talented but the audience is just cringing. not trying to hate too much tho just my opinion sorry

..the couple I looked at were bad because they portray anesthesia residents as lazy, entitled, inattentive, whiny children.

Yeah well, I'd write a long rebuttal to this but it's too much work, I really feel as if I'm above defending myself, (what's that over there!?), and I think you're a big poopy head.

Hey guys,
I'm the author of the aforementioned comic strip.

You know how you're watching American Idol and they're showing these really super awful terrible singers who are butchering those songs? I always think, "Wow, why didn't their friends and family say anything to them about how terrible their singing is?" Well, I guess I'm glad you guys said something! lol

Thanks to baswell, yes it was definitely inspired by xkcd. That was the aesthetic I was going for.
To Psai, I really appreciate your input, I definitely need to panel. The lack of color was a conscious decision, but I don't know maybe I'll experiment with some different aesthetics and looks and definitely add more color.
To Consigliere, elemental sounds pretty cool. I'm going to take it as a compliment.

Everyone again, thanks for taking time to check it out and leave your constructive (and destructive) remarks, I think its amazing that people even checked it out. I was not expecting anyone to even care.

Check back in a couple months, it might look different. Thanks again.

Although I've never tried (and I'm sure nobody in this thread has either) I can appreciate how hard it is to translate an otherwise pretty funny premise into a comic. A for effort, keep it up and if you end up even comparable to XKCD then thats pretty darn good.

Don't have much to say about the content, but the handwriting, the mistakes crossed out could use a little help. Get a friend with neater handwriting to help you.