My Naplex Experience 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lloydoSD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I passed the NAPLEX with a 104!! Since I used the studentdoctor forums to help with my anxiety and help with my studying, I believe I must pay their help forward.

I will NOT be sharing: specific topics or questions from the exam, and my materials will not be available for sale.

Resources I used to study:
1. 2017 RxPREP, Book and Test Bank
2. SDN 120 Math Questions for practice
3. Tahhurs Naplex Review 2016
4. Meded101 Test Banks (NAPLEX Prep Material - Med Ed 101)
5. Quizlet cards from some random guy (Flashcards Naplex | Quizlet)

1) For RxPREP I knew I couldn't get through all the chapters so I focused on the first 28 chapters up through Infectious Disease I. I made absolutely sure I had them down, and I mean I could teach each chapter to you. After the first 28 chapters I studied all the drug side effects, drug interactions, and special drug characteristics of Psych, anticoag, oncology, and then skimmed Parkinson's and Alzheimer. I did not get through any other chapters.
- My notes only consisted of note cards. I made questions of all the stuff I thought was important and put them into note cards for each chapter (note card deck was about 6" thick). I would review a few chapters of note cards every day to help solidify the information.
- I believe the RxPREP test bank was helpful but a little too in-depth. They went far beyond the top 200 drugs for brand/generics that NABP recommends knowing for their test but it did help.
- I believe RxPREP Math sections are very good.

2) I went through about 60 of the SDN 120 Math Questions and thought it was just too much. Still helpful.

3) Tahhurs Naplex Review notes were AMAZING! I reviewed his notes right before the exam just for a quick refresher since I didn't have notes to skim (remember all my notes were note cards).

4) I honestly bought both of the Meded101 Naplex Tests. They were cheap and were both 250 questions and they come with answers/explanations. I only bought them because the pre-NAPLEX was unavailable for some reason when I wanted to take the test and am very glad I did!
- I read somewhere that those who do well on tests are not those that spend all their time studying, but those who take practice tests to test what they know and don't know. I went through the first test and it made me realize I was lacking in knowledge with the psych drugs so I went through those chapters in RxPREP. Went through the second test and was lacking in some other areas so I brushed up on those.

5) I sort of used the quizlet cards only when I had some free time and didn't have access to a computer or my notecards.

Other tips:
- Know your math like the back of your hand. If you don't know your math, postpone the test, period.
- I studied for about 8 weeks ranging from 4-6 hours/day.
- Just like the NABP indicates, the top 200 drugs should be sufficient.

Good luck everybody and thank you all for your help! I know you all will pass!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! If you still have the rxprep 2017 book and are still donating it, can I have it?

Last edited:
Hello, I was waiting to see if the first person who requested was gonna reply but got no reply and yes it's all yours. How would you like me to send it? Mail?

Hi! If you still have the rxprep 2017 book and are still donating it, can I have it?

Last edited: