My NBDE part 1 Study Log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfixer007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone ,
I am starting this thread for self motivation and to keep a track of my progress
I will be sharing my studying experiences in this thread
I started preparing for part 1 since a month now.. but i have seriously lacked motivation, at times i was totally lost , din knw wht i was studying and if it was a quality preparation.
My Goal is the magic number ' Ninety '

Prep Materials i am Using in toto --
2009-10 Dental Decks
Kaplan Review Book for NBDE Part I
Kaplan center stuff (explanations, videos, etc)
USMLE lecture notes
NBDE First Aid
Board Review Series
All ASDA released exams

Studied so far :
done with with Gross anatomy & Dental Anatomy ( except occlusion) ..
need to revise though .
today i am finishing entire embryo ( including female/male repro)
starting wid cell all over again ..

"It's a new day. It's a new you. It can be whatever you want, it can be however you choose. "

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. I'm kinda new here.

Just started with my internship from India. Started preparing for the Part I which I plan to give in September-October.

Study Material :
NBDE DentEssentials
First Aid + First Aid Q * A
Mosby's Part I
Decks 2006-07
Kaplan NBDE review
USMLE lecture notes

Started with Gross Anatomy. Preparing from NBDE Review book plus some parts from Gray's . I feel the NBDE Book is way too detailed.

hi there,
i am also an intern and preparing for part 1 now.i havent booked d date till now.we can study jointly.and it would be helpful if u can share me the material u have.i have few,so need it. :) but i havent started yet.starting in few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright Duggi.

No problem. Why don't we discuss this on gtalk or someplace ?

Add me : celtic310889 is my gmail id as well.

Hello everyone. I'm kinda new here.

Just started with my internship from India. Started preparing for the Part I which I plan to give in September-October.

Study Material :
NBDE DentEssentials
First Aid + First Aid Q * A
Mosby's Part I
Decks 2006-07
Kaplan NBDE review
USMLE lecture notes

Started with Gross Anatomy. Preparing from NBDE Review book plus some parts from Gray's . I feel the NBDE Book is way too detailed.

i jes read ur thread..even m preparing for the nbde part 1..i gave it once n failed it n vry disappointed..started studying again to give it in june end..wen r u planning to give the exam

Hi . I have done my BDS in India and now preparing for the part 1,I started with physio and biochem ,can any help me with anatomy and dental anatomy kaplans lecture notes?

NBDE Review book which contains the lecture notes for all the basic sciences was available as a torrent which I got sometime last year man.

Look up some torrent sites otherwise I can share them via dropbox or something.

Rest,

I started with some Biochemistry tuition classes to remember and understand all the cycles and pathways again. It' should take a week at max I think, then questions and decks..

1. NBDE First Aid ------ for the outline of the subject
  2. USMLE lecture notes ------ for better understanding
  3. Kaplan NBDE review ------ for details
  4. Decks ------ exclusive exam oriented material ! a must read.
  5. ASDA Papers / First Aid Q/A -- for self assessment
this is the order i am following for each subject ..

could u ples share your exam strategy also like which subjects would need more revision and when to start solving released pprs.