my score went down!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zazio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my october score and it dropped nearly 10 points!! This is my second time taking it! Has anyone else had their score drop their second time around? What the heck am I supposed to tell people if this comes up in an interview? Help please :(

edit: most (if not all) schools DO take your highest score, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my october score and it dropped nearly 10 points!! This is my second time taking it! Has anyone else had their score drop their second time around? What the heck am I supposed to tell people if this comes up in an interview? Help please :(

edit: most (if not all) schools DO take your highest score, correct?
dont panic..it is kind of a rule that if u take pcats 2 times then they will consider the highest score among them...but if u take it more than 2 times in 2 yrs then they will average it out.....

dont panic..it is kind of a rule that if u take pcats 2 times then they will consider the highest score among them...but if u take it more than 2 times in 2 yrs then they will average it out.....

Never heard that rule about averages ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand you are trying to get the OP to calm down, but your information is wrong. Very wrong.

It's not "kind of a rule that if u take the pcats 2 times then they will consider the highest score among them." How every school treats multiple PCAT attempts is solely up to the school. Some schools consider the highest score, others simply use the most recent attempt (whether it's higher or lower than previous attempts), while others take the highest subscores in every attempt.

OP, the definitive way to answer your question is to ask the schools you are interested in (or look on their websites) and see how they treat multiple PCAT attempts.

I understand you are trying to get the OP to calm down, but your information is wrong. Very wrong.

It's not "kind of a rule that if u take the pcats 2 times then they will consider the highest score among them." How every school treats multiple PCAT attempts is solely up to the school. Some schools consider the highest score, others simply use the most recent attempt (whether it's higher or lower than previous attempts), while others take the highest subscores in every attempt.

OP, the definitive way to answer your question is to ask the schools you are interested in (or look on their websites) and see how they treat multiple PCAT attempts.

thanks for your help. The main thing is, I already have some interviews set up from my first score (apparently it was good enough the first time? I just took it again to try and do better - poor choice!). But I know they do open file interviews, and I'm just worried they will ask my why it went down so significantly. I'm not quite sure what to tell them...:(