my USC/UOP story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dloi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am still in shock about what happened so just wanted to share my story:

i interviewed with usc in november...had a HORRIBLE interview and have been waitlisted ever since..in fact, according to the last letter ( i got it in early june), i was ranked #51 out of 83 on the final wait-list. So in the meantime, i interviewed at UOP, got accepted to both the pharm.D. and phD dual degree program and packed all my stuff to move to stockton. I even debated on whether to finish the physiology course i was taking in the spring because it was a pre-req for usc but not for uop and i got really lazy about studying (luckily my teacher convinced me to finish the class). And then last wednesday (june 30) i come home at midnight to find a BIG packet from usc saying they have accepted me! this almost gave me heart attack because i gave up all hope of getting into usc. according to the office, they dont really go by the waitlist? go figure...anywho, i'm totally excited about going to usc (it was my first choice). ironic that i receive the news AFTER the welcome reception is over :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!!! See you this fall..

Congrats!
Here are things that I recommend you to do:
1. Quickly pay the deposit at USC and confirm your letter of intent.
2. Notify UOP immediately that you are withdrawing, so that they could give your spot to someone else. Imagine you could make somebody as happy/excited as you are. Good for he/she, too bad for UOP to lose you :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Whatsup w/ SC giving waitlist numbers if they don't mean anything?

Hi!
Dloi,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You are lucky!!!

Hi,
My name's Jen and this also happened to me!! I interviewed in November, thought I did SO horribly (I was nervous, my interviewer was not very friendly, and it was pretty short), paid my deposit to UCSF, and didn't even think about USC again! (I even stopped taking a class for USC cuz I thought there was NO chance). Then a couple of months later I get a fat packet from USC... So anyone else who's worried about USC, don't give up hope! You never know what'll happen! =)

YAY!!!!! Congrats I'm so happy for you!!! :D It gives me hope now and i'm so glad you'll be in LA!

Congratulations! WOW, I bet you were floored.

I know I would have been, literally.