Name Change for NABP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecoolpharmboi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a question. Got a friend who has to take their NAPLEX tomorrow and then realized last minute that their name doesn't match with the ATT/NABP (missing middle name / initials). Guess they'll have to reschedule/miss the exam, but was wondering...on the NABP website, it says that we need a notarized form with a legal government name change documentation. My friend just wants to change the name on the NABP profile due to input error in the beginning...so why does he/she need a notarized form? What should he/she do at this point? Reschedule to five days after original date and submit name change request? But he/she didn't legally change name or anything, it is just her official IDs have middle names, while NABP profile does not..

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Have a question. Got a friend who has to take their NAPLEX tomorrow and then realized last minute that their name doesn't match with the ATT/NABP (missing middle name / initials). Guess they'll have to reschedule/miss the exam, but was wondering...on the NABP website, it says that we need a notarized form with a legal government name change documentation. My friend just wants to change the name on the NABP profile due to input error in the beginning...so why does he/she need a notarized form? What should he/she do at this point? Reschedule to five days after original date and submit name change request? But he/she didn't legally change name or anything, it is just her official IDs have middle names, while NABP profile does not..

Thanks for the help!

Tell your friend to show up and not even mention it. Your friend should also bring every credit card he/she owns. I guess it will depend upon where your friend is testing. I've heard of people just being able to test but I have also heard of others mentioning it and right there and then the Pearson attendant freaks out and sent the person home.

Your friend should show up with as many IDs as possible be all cool about it. If he/she gets sent home there will be a $140 fee to resit for the test. You don't have to pay the full $505 dollars.

Best.

Tell your friend to show up and not even mention it. Your friend should also bring every credit card he/she owns. I guess it will depend upon where your friend is testing. I've heard of people just being able to test but I have also heard of others mentioning it and right there and then the Pearson attendant freaks out and sent the person home.

Your friend should show up with as many IDs as possible be all cool about it. If he/she gets sent home there will be a $140 fee to resit for the test. You don't have to pay the full $505 dollars.

Best.

Oh ok thank you. Her credit cards don't show her middle name or initials. So hopefully having those will help? Or will it make them notice more that there isn't a middle name? She was going to use driver license and passport.

Update: they didn't let her take it..

Last edited: