NAPLEX Score early indicator post NABP Website update April 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anarxst

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who took their NAPLEX exam Late March or this month in April receive their scores. Does the old early indicators that have been used prior to the new nabp website update still work? Like the "Registration Closed/ Add Score Transfer" meaning you passed vs "Registration Closed/ Null" meaning you failed? Im in a non-website reporting state (CA). TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Heyy WhiteMirror,
Can you log onto continental testing website today and see if you passed??
My test wasn't administered by continental testing. It was administered by Pearson Vue. I don't think my licensing process involves continental testing at all.
Ok. I also took mine with Pearson but for some reason it’s reported to continental testing in IL. Have you gotten your results yet? I am just wondering if there’s any truth to the 2 different purchase options (purchase rescore and purchase score transfer).

For Illinois, here is exactly what will happen. You take your MPJE/Naplex at PersonVue. Your status will then change to closed on NABP's website after like 3 business days and you won't see a score there at all. You'll have to check Contiental's site, but only check after 5PM every day because that's when it updates. Eventually you'll see your score there.

Once you pass both, continental will then send the score to the Board of Pharmacy/ILFPR. They will also issue you a letter which allows you to practice for 60 days. You'll detach the bottom of that letter, sign it and send a check for 75$ with it. They MIGHT ask you for another ED-PHM form to filled out. They did for me, because my school submitted a preliminary one.

Once you send that by mail, it should take a couple of weeks for them to issue your license. I didn't get the email from ILFPR until the day after my license got issued so keep checking the website every morning until your license posts as active.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi jamtp,

For california student, anyone took the Naplex exam lately --see both "purchase score transfer" and "purchase rescore" next to the closed registration? Is that mean pass or not. I called NAPB to change my profession in the E-profile from pharmacist to intern pharmacy. It do not indicate neither you passed or failed. The person told me the previously group of student who saw passed or failed on their CPE monitor because the system went wrong. Student are not supposed to see their result on NAPB for California state and a few other states. Now, the system is fixed you can normally see the CPE screen for continuing education only. The person told me to wait for the result in the mail from the BOP. I know that i have to wait but it is hard that i'm anxious to know whether that i passed or failed so i can plan for the next step. I took the exam on 10/11 that have been two weeks. Cali process is so slow that would take 4-6 weeks (30-45 days). Not sure anyone experience something like this before? please share your insights here. Thank you!

Just updating for you in case you haven't heard back:

I took my test on October 24 and received my results today (11/3) from CA Board of Pharmacy in the mail! I passed! During the wait, I saw both "purchase score transfer" and "purchase rescore." CPE monitor never showed any message for me regardless of closed or att generated status. Needless to say, that freaked me out! I believe CA board of pharmacy does mail out their results in batches so maybe I was lucky and caught the tail end of a batch since the wait was only a week!

For Illinois, here is exactly what will happen. You take your MPJE/Naplex at PersonVue. Your status will then change to closed on NABP's website after like 3 business days and you won't see a score there at all. You'll have to check Contiental's site, but only check after 5PM every day because that's when it updates. Eventually you'll see your score there.

Once you pass both, continental will then send the score to the Board of Pharmacy/ILFPR. They will also issue you a letter which allows you to practice for 60 days. You'll detach the bottom of that letter, sign it and send a check for 75$ with it. They MIGHT ask you for another ED-PHM form to filled out. They did for me, because my school submitted a preliminary one.

Once you send that by mail, it should take a couple of weeks for them to issue your license. I didn't get the email from ILFPR until the day after my license got issued so keep checking the website every morning until your license posts as active.

Any way to know if you passed MPJE in Illinois before notified by continental? I passed Naplex but now I’m worried. On NABP the MPJE exam is now closed after taking it but only offers “purchase rescore”. Does this mean I failed? Is there ever even an option to purchase score transfer since it is a state specific exam?

Please help.

You won’t see anything other than purchase rescore once the status closes on the nabp site since it’s state specific. I only saw purchase rescore for both state mpje exams. Passed both. Unfortunately it’s a waiting game, check at 5:01PM every day and hope it’s up there. Good luck!

I'm a california resident. I found out that i passed on October 31th... when i took my on 10/11. Now, i just wait the license to be updated online.
I had both score transfer and rescore on the NABP. Yet, you have to wait ..it won't help if you call BOP or NABP. It is a long tedious process... Good luck !

Hi all, if someone recived one option in the cpe monitor the purches rescore, dose anyone know what that mean?
And yes i checked my profile there is no congradulation statement yet.

Hi all, if someone recived one option in the cpe monitor the purches rescore, dose anyone know what that mean?
And yes i checked my profile there is no congradulation statement yet.
Please don't take my word to make you stress, just wait patiently for the score to be mail. But yes, I got rescore purchase only and I failed the first time I took it which was 10/25/18.

So I took my Naplex on Saturday, my status is the same as how it was before taking it. It still says att generated. I have a grey button next to my naplex that only says “purchase score transfer” and it’s grey and clickable, but I think that option was there even before taking my exam! Does this means anything or it’s just too soon to expect any result? I’m extremely nervous and don’t have a good feeling about it!

So I took my Naplex on Saturday, my status is the same as how it was before taking it. It still says att generated. I have a grey button next to my naplex that only says “purchase score transfer” and it’s grey and clickable, but I think that option was there even before taking my exam! Does this means anything or it’s just too soon to expect any result? I’m extremely nervous and don’t have a good feeling about it!

Hi, rainbow1

After looking at your post just wondering how long it will take to get naplex score. I am also in Illinois and it's been 2 business days since I took my exam. And NABP status still says att generated and purchase score transfer. How long is the wait time. Did you get your results? Did you pass?

Any way to know if you passed MPJE in Illinois before notified by continental? I passed Naplex but now I’m worried. On NABP the MPJE exam is now closed after taking it but only offers “purchase rescore”. Does this mean I failed? Is there ever even an option to purchase score transfer since it is a state specific exam?

Please help.

Hi Pharmmm18

How long it will take NABP to post application is closed? I was just wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, rainbow1

After looking at your post just wondering how long it will take to get naplex score. I am also in Illinois and it's been 2 business days since I took my exam. And NABP status still says att generated and purchase score transfer. How long is the wait time. Did you get your results? Did you pass?

Your score will show up on the continental testing site after 5PM on the day the score is uploaded. Takes about a week or so.

Hi, rainbow1

It took between 3-4 business days if I recall correctly. And yes, thankfully I passed :). Good luck! Waiting is the worst part of the process lol.

Hi All. Can anyone please answer the following. How many days after taking NAPLEX do you need to wait before asking NABP to change your status to intern to see if you passed?

Hi All. Can anyone please answer the following. How many days after taking NAPLEX do you need to wait before asking NABP to change your status to intern to see if you passed?

What do you mean by intern? You’re taking the exam to become a licensed pharmacist. I believe the usual waiting period is 3-4 business days in most states.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes you are right. You take the NAPLEX to become a pharmacist. This is true. I agree with you. You are 100% on point. However I mean change pharmacist to intern exactly as stated above. I heard that you can ask NABP to do this for you. Theres more behind this but the point is to find out if you passed the NAPLEX early on rather then waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not allowed to see my CPE monitoring. Online updating most likely won't happen in my case. I'm registered with California. There are 10 or so states that block you from seeing your score. CA is one of them. CA only allows you to see your score the old fashion way - by snail mail!

also call the nabp and change your profession to pharmacist intern instead of pharmacist. Almost instantly you will see that you passed on the CPE monitor. I think that will put your mind at ease more. Congrats and go celebrate after! =)
how soon after taking the naplex did your cpe update to read that message?

Can anyone who recently took the exam within the last few confirm if the score transfer check box is still an indicator?
Also has anyone tried to manually change their profession under "update e-profile" to pharmacist and it worked?

Edit: I passed!

Last edited:
Hello- I'm also a CA resident. I took my NAPLEX on 6/20/19- how soon will I be able to see the result on CPE monitor w/ that msg?

My registration status also doesn't show "closed" yet. It just says "ATT generated" and "cancel examination" and "purchase score transfer (which I believe has been here since before I took the exam). Thanks!

Can anyone who recently took the exam within the last few confirm if the score transfer check box is still an indicator?
Also has anyone tried to manually change their profession under "update e-profile" to pharmacist and it worked?

Edit: I passed!

Congrats! How did you find out? My profession in the e-profile currently states "Pharmacist Intern."

For those of you who took NAPLEX in CA, are there any early score indicators on NABP or do we have to wait for the letter in the mail?