National Conferences & Medical Education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSnider89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Morning.

I am a 1st year medical student looking identify national conferences or medical education meetings that are geared towards medical students or give opportunities to medical students to take part in research, attend specialized lectures, provide more insight into sub-specialty fields of medicine, and for me to network with other students.

For those who are in their 3rd and 4th year or who are in their residency, which conferences would you suggest that would be the most beneficial for medical students?

Thanks for your input.
JON

Members don't see this ad.

There aren't many conferences for med students.

But various specialty societies do offer programs for residents and students. Some offer free registration and other benefits. What specialty are you interested in?

The AAP has a Section on Trainees, which includes medical students. Students can even hold some offices, I think. I assume most specialty societies have something similar.

Members don't see this ad :)
The above are great responses.

Also, if you are looking for sub-specialty information, check out your school's student groups. Most schools have student interest groups that will host a physician from a certain specialty and give you free lunch while you get to hear about their job and ask them questions.