National Health Service Corps Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huk1985

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys I want to apply for the National Health Service Corps Scholarship this year, but their application isn't up???? I saw that their application deadline april 6th, so I would think that application should've been up already. Do any of you know any info on when the application will be up?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their online application is up, but has been extremely buggy. I've been trying to fill it out for days, but you get like one page in and it logs you out or has a script error. I've tried contacting them but haven't gotten a response. Good luck.

http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/applicantbulletin/

This is the link for the loan repayment program. The scholarship application still isn't up :( I've been on the look out for it as well.

anybody got any inside info on what's going on or anything?

it's up!

just kidding. Sheesh, this is ridiculous. For a program that throws hundreds of thousands of dollars into dental and medical student's hands, you'd think there would be a little bit more intrinsic organization. There is no number to call to find out when the application will be up. There is no e-mail. Nothing.

I was very interested in applying for the scholarship, but sheesh... I hope this isn't a forecast of what the organization will be like once people are contractually obligated to them.

Do you guys know if the essay questions are the same every year or do they change it up? I was thinking about working on them so I'll be ready when the application is open. Thanks!

I called last week and asked when it was going to be open. The person i talked to said there is no specific date but it will open sometime this spring. He told me to keep checking on it.

Its up finally!!!as of yesterday and its due June 1 2010

Sheesh, this is ridiculous. For a program that throws hundreds of thousands of dollars into dental and medical student's hands, you'd think there would be a little bit more intrinsic organization. There is no number to call to find out when the application will be up. There is no e-mail. Nothing.

I was very interested in applying for the scholarship, but sheesh... I hope this isn't a forecast of what the organization will be like once people are contractually obligated to them.

I'm a current NHSC Scholar (PA student c/o 2011), and yes, they are very disorganized. Though, compared to last year, they seem to be doing a bit better - I mean, there's at least a bit more information out there.

You need to decide either before you apply or before you accept a scholarship if you can handle having to deal with a frustrating organization. For me, the money and the opportunity to work in an underserved area is worth it.

I just started a blog about all of this if anyone's interested. I'll be posting a lot of information about the NHSC and my experiences with them from application, to receiving the scholarship, and beyond. I'd appreciate any feedback. NHSC Scholar - PA

can they really just send you anywhere in the u.s.? or can you pick a city and they can send you anywhere within that city?

can they really just send you anywhere in the u.s.? or can you pick a city and they can send you anywhere within that city?

You are responsible for finding a site that meets the criteria, so you can apply to jobs in areas you want to live. If you fail to find a site within a certain amount of time, they can and will place you anywhere they want.