National Research Orgs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaBeta<3

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there are premed honor societies and things of that nature. What I'm wondering is, are there any national organizations based solely on research and providing research experiences for undergrads? Like as a student org?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean like the NSF REU program? Or are you talking about an organization that provides research experiences for it's members?

I know that there are premed honor societies and things of that nature. What I'm wondering is, are there any national organizations based solely on research and providing research experiences for undergrads? Like as a student org?

I'm not sure if I really understand your question. Sigma Xi is the research honor society. You need to have published twice in a scientific journal to become a full member, although there is also an associate member status that students can easily qualify for. They have chapters around the country, often at universities. They also have a grant program to help students fund research projects.

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean like the NSF REU program? Or are you talking about an organization that provides research experiences for it's members?
The latter. Where you can create a chapter at your school

I'm not sure if I really understand your question. Sigma Xi is the research honor society. You need to have published twice in a scientific journal to become a full member, although there is also an associate member status that students can easily qualify for. They have chapters around the country, often at universities. They also have a grant program to help students fund research projects.
Yes something like this, but I mean for students at schools where research is almost nonexistent, so they do not have any research experience.

I'm not really aware on any organization quite like that.

Reactions: 1 user