NAU Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEC_DPT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone willing to DM me or discuss here how competitive it truly is to get into NAU?

I love the school, but consistently see competitive students rejected without an interview. I would love for people to really tell me what it takes to get in, how they think they stood out, or what they think led them to rejection.

I also would really like opinions on whether applying is worth it! Maybe Midwestern and AT Still are better suited for me. As a note, I will be applying for the first time in July of this year and I am a Canadain student, currently going to school in Ohio.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. In Ohio, looking at NAU. Bouncing off the above reply, NAU accepts ~ 35% out of state students, but gives interview preference to Arizona residents. I'm crossing my fingers for next cycle as NAU is definitely one of my top choices.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I've seen, NAU likes to take Arizona residents. The people that don't get an interview offer but have competitive stats are typically out of state people. At least that's the vibe I've gotten! Midwestern and AT Still are really good programs and definitely worth applying. Unless you have a 4.0 and are a really stand out student, it might be best to shy away from NAU

That's what I was afraid of since they are the only public PT school in the state. I've heard such good things about both Midwestern and AT Still so I was going to apply to both anyway, but with a 3.75 and a subpar GRE I probably don't stand a chance due to my out of state status.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Indiana and applied to NAU without a 4.0. I got an interview invite and was accepted to the Phoenix campus, but declined the offer due to being accepted to an instate school. My whole interview group was also from out of state so if you are really interested it's worth a shot to apply.

I'm from Indiana and applied to NAU without a 4.0. I got an interview invite and was accepted to the Phoenix campus, but declined the offer due to being accepted to an instate school. My whole interview group was also from out of state so if you are really interested it's worth a shot to apply.

Do you mind sharing your stats, or something you think set you apart from the group? I really am curious about what they are looking for.

I know I shouldn't get discouraged by the stats and just see where the process takes me, but I just don't know how I stack up.

NAU does preference instate for interviews as others said. They will give an interview to every instate student that meets their baseline requirements for gpa gre etc. They interview 300 students total so the remainder of seats will be filled by out of state students. So if only 100 qualified in state students apply 200 out of state students will be invited. Each year it varies they rep said 120 instate students applied the year before when I toured and was given this info (in October) So this is why it’s more competitive as an out of state student, your up against other out of state students for interview slots rather than the 300 total candidates for interviews.

To get a interview it’s pretty much based on gpa and gre from what I gather. Then it’s based on your interview and overall strength of application to be accepted into the program after interview.

Hey all! I'm currently number 8 on the waitlist for NAU, does anyone have any insight how much waitlists typically move this late in the game? I have accepted another program but this is my number 1 choice for sure.

Hey all! I'm currently number 8 on the waitlist for NAU, does anyone have any insight how much waitlists typically move this late in the game? I have accepted another program but this is my number 1 choice for sure.
What were your stats and what schools did you accept??

What were your stats and what schools did you accept??
If you go through my messages my stats are posted somewhere on here! I ended up getting accepted to NAU Flagstaff (woo hoo! i'll be attending) and University of St Augustine in Austin.