NAVLE results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*constant refreshing email* begins

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure what their hours of operation are as they don't state them anywhere but it's already 10AM there and still nothing so "first thing in the morning" is a no, I really hope it doesn't mean it's not gonna happen today...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure what their hours of operation are as they don't state them anywhere but it's already 10AM there and still nothing so "first thing in the morning" is a no, I really hope it doesn't mean it's not gonna happen today...
where did you hear first thing in the morning? a dr I talked to said she got hers later in the afternoon

where did you hear first thing in the morning? a dr I talked to said she got hers later in the afternoon
They replied to many emails that results should always be sent early in the day so they have time to support people with difficulties and problems. The first thing in the morning thing was posted by people here from previous testing windows who said so.

They replied to many emails that results should always be sent early in the day so they have time to support people with difficulties and problems. The first thing in the morning thing was posted by people here from previous testing windows who said so.
I really hope they would release it at any point.. ughhhh

Reactions: 1 users
I dont think it means it won't happen! I know people last year got theirs much later in that day :)

Reactions: 2 users
Does any one know how early does the portal start working compared to getting the email. If its like 24hrs, than there is no point checking the email.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 10.47.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 10.47.08 AM.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 124
Does any one know how early does the portal start working compared to getting the email. If its like 24hrs, than there is no point checking the email.
I saw on a previous thread that the portal worked a few hours before the email

Email from them just now because I asked about it being in the morning

Attachments

• F3A5FB4C-83FC-4D22-B139-8FEFE4538BEF.png
    F3A5FB4C-83FC-4D22-B139-8FEFE4538BEF.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 153
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they will come out today, portal is not working and it already like 2pm EST. This is getting super annoying.

I don't think they will come out today, portal is not working and it already like 2pm EST. This is getting super annoying.
This was from a friend of mine.

I’m sure they are tired of the emails but just release the damn results already… I do NOT want to go another day waiting and I feel like it’s not going to be tomorrow either I’m just losing hope on when we will get them

Attachments

• 4B419EC8-5387-45B0-A658-4569C065BC89.png
    4B419EC8-5387-45B0-A658-4569C065BC89.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: 1 user
I'm just going to tell myself they're not coming today to try and calm myself from checking the portal, lol

This was from a friend of mine.

I’m sure they are tired of the emails but just release the damn results already… I do NOT want to go another day waiting and I feel like it’s not going to be tomorrow either I’m just losing hope on when we will get them
Well she no longer says mid-January, but "near future", so hopefully that means they're very close and it will be tomorrow...

where did u guys' study all those client based/management question from that came on the navle?

where did u guys' study all those client based/management question from that came on the navle?
We didn't. It came as a shock to pretty much everyone I know. I really hope these are the questions they're "testing" and will remove them because I was expecting a 1.3% of these questions and got like a good 15% if not more

Last edited:
Well she no longer says mid-January, but "near future", so hopefully that means they're very close and it will be tomorrow...
Sure because we're past mid-Jan and it's just ridiculous at this point

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm really convinced they actually dont know any more specifics than we do but I am hoping its soon because this anxiety is awful

Anyone just feel crippling anxiety waiting for results?

EDIT: I’ve been researching old threads and the results seem staggered.
Fall 2021 - last test day (Dec 31) - results (Jan 21) - 3 weeks
Spring 2022 - last test day (Apr 29) - results (May 23) - ~3 weeks
Fall 2022 - last test day (Dec 16) - results (??) >4 weeks

idk why our year is taking a bit, but I’m hopeful it’s for the best

Last edited:
I'm really convinced they actually dont know any more specifics than we do but I am hoping its soon because this anxiety is awful
Yeah, it seems like the customer service reps might be at a complete disconnect from those that are "grading" the exams, and they probably don't know the progress either. I get it but it would also helpful if they could just give them a little bit of like "By the end of the week" or something, lol, it would probably slow down the emails to give some sort of timeline.

Yeah, it seems like the customer service reps might be at a complete disconnect from those that are "grading" the exams, and they probably don't know the progress either. I get it but it would also helpful if they could just give them a little bit of like "By the end of the week" or something, lol, it would probably slow down the emails to give some sort of timeline.
thats far too reasonable, it would never happen

I said it once and I'll say it again, there's absolutely zero reason for it to take more than a few days to grade. I know because I was on the other side grading freshmen students when I was in college. Granted it wasn't thousands of people, just a couple hundreds, but it's the same. Once all exams are complete you get a spreadsheet with all info you need - which questions are harder, which are easier, which are to be removed, how many people chose A and how many people chose B, how long each question took on average etc. You can also simulate what happens to the passing graph if you do this and what happens if you do that. Honestly, for a skilled data analyst this shouldn't take more than a couple days. It's completely absurd.

Last edited:
Anyone just feel crippling anxiety waiting for results?

EDIT: I’ve been researching old threads and the results seem staggered.
Fall 2021 - last test day (Dec 31) - results (Jan 21) - 3 weeks
Spring 2022 - last test day (Apr 29) - results (May 23) - ~3 weeks
Fall 2022 - last test day (Dec 16) - results (??) >4 weeks

idk why our year is taking a bit, but I’m hopeful it’s for the best
If they make me wait 5 weeks for results and I fail, a lawsuit is coming :mad:
They better use that extra time to make more people pass!

I'd think the risk with this would be them giving a specific date and then having something happen (system shutdown, power outage, whatever else) that would delay the results. By being vague they can avoid that until they're 100% sure when they'll be released, even if it leaves us in limbo:shrug: either way I don't think anyone is acting maliciously and if they could speed it up I'm sure they would so they wouldn't get as many emails:laugh:

I'd think the risk with this would be them giving a specific date and then having something happen (system shutdown, power outage, whatever else) that would delay the results. By being vague they can avoid that until they're 100% sure when they'll be released, even if it leaves us in limbo:shrug: either way I don't think anyone is acting maliciously and if they could speed it up I'm sure they would so they wouldn't get as many emails:laugh:
I'm sure they're not trying to purposely be mean, but making anxious people wait for so long is not very sensitive either... It's not the DMV here, it's people's lives hanging on the balance, they can show a bit more humanity and stop with these "don't call us we'll call you" replies. The least they can do after more than a month has passed is to give an estimation, a good one.
I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, maybe they discovered that they accidentally mixed the psychology/sociology/business management exam with a one that should be medical and they're trying to figure out what to do, whomst knows.

Reactions: 2 users
Another day gone, quits for today. Back at it tommrow lol

• Sad
I want to start studying for the April exam at this point. 😔 I want to hold out hope but my anxiety keeps creeping up no matter how much I try to distract myself.

Well I've been trying to log in to the scheduling permit/score portal all day and was getting the message "You have no active documents available at this time." but NOW...I'm getting "Account does not exist, please contact NBME at www.nbme.org" , when I know my information is correct.

Maybe it's a sign they're resetting the portal or something tonight for results release tomorrow?!?!

If not...sorry for getting ya'lls hopes up lol just things I tell myself to help my anxiety

Well I've been trying to log in to the scheduling permit/score portal all day and was getting the message "You have no active documents available at this time." but NOW...I'm getting "Account does not exist, please contact NBME at www.nbme.org" , when I know my information is correct.

Maybe it's a sign they're resetting the portal or something tonight for results release tomorrow?!?!

If not...sorry for getting ya'lls hopes up lol just things I tell myself to help my anxiety
Mine still says no active documents

I had that same thing pop up for me once during the day, but later it went back to no active documents. I think something is happening on their back end

Mine still says no active documents
Darn, guess my theory was too much to ask haha.
I had that same thing pop up for me once during the day, but later it went back to no active documents. I think something is happening on their back end
Hopefully that "something" is them getting the portal ready to release soon

We didn't. It came as a shock to pretty much everyone I know. I really hope these are the questions they're "testing" and will remove them because I was expecting a 1.3% of these questions and got like a good 15% if not more
The business questions were a surprise for me as part of the class of 2021. I simply left a paragraph of how business questions shouldn't be done from the perspective of an owner at all as the majority of vets don't become owners. Questions from the perspective of an associate should be fair game.

As someone who failed first year, was 134/135 in my class at the time of graduation, and was terrified of the NAVLE, I strongly encourage everyone to realize there is zero malicious intent occuring. When a NAVLE rep came to my school to talk about the process, she stated they are specifically vague in case there is a situation in which they will no longer meet that deadline. Think of what would have happened if COVID had hit in December of 2019? There's no way they would have made a January 15 deadline.

It is in fact still mid-January; just because it's no longer the 15th, the 17th is close enough to count as middle of the month. Middle of the month is the 10th to the 20th for practical scheduling purposes.

The test is essentially graded on a bell curve with 425 being the minimum cut off. Questions are worth 1-3 points based on difficulty. They remove the 60 "new" questions, but those are not the same questions for everyone. They do in fact evaluate circulating questions for difficulty and relevance; if a large portion of the population doesn't get that question right, they have veterinarians evaluate the question and answers. If the panel decides the question was poor or unfair, they consider that. There is an extensive process behind the scenes here that your future colleagues are a part of.

Please also be aware they don't "make people pass" Willy nilly. They keep questions as fair as possible. But they will not bump someone with a 424 just because.

Again, I understand why this matters and how nerve wracking it can be. Over the next few days, active positive coping mechanisms were something that helped me immensely since I was on a chill rotation with a lot of time on my hands.

If they make me wait 5 weeks for results and I fail, a lawsuit is coming :mad:
They better use that extra time to make more people pass!
Please be aware you are talking not just about faceless CSRs or computer nerds, but also about fellow veterinarians. The process is frustrating. But threatening a frivolous lawsuit (of which this would be considered) is immature and projecting undue harm onto your colleagues that are simply doing their job within the system they work. Taking 5 weeks for results ok instead of the approximate 4 isn't a crime. I truly hope you never have a client threaten a law suit because you took 7 days to call back on bloodwork instead of 5.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

It happens when the portal is open for a while and you try to log in, if you close it and enter again it will show the 'no active documents' again

Please be aware you are talking not just about faceless CSRs or computer nerds, but also about fellow veterinarians. The process is frustrating. But threatening a frivolous lawsuit (of which this would be considered) is immature and projecting undue harm onto your colleagues that are simply doing their job within the system they work. Taking 5 weeks for results ok instead of the approximate 4 isn't a crime. I truly hope you never have a client threaten a law suit because you took 7 days to call back on bloodwork instead of 5.
I was obviously kidding... No one is going to sue anyone, of course I don't have merits for that... I'm just venting, relax :)

Last edited:
I was kidding... No one is going to sue anyone, of course I don't have merits for that... I'm just venting, relax :)
Just letting you know how it came across.