NAVLE results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Our school just got an email that they're coming out today. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 1 user
I studied for the April date last night because I was for sure I didn’t, but I PASSED. Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
passed...phew!

I've also been studying for April just in case.

Reactions: 4 users
I passed too, but wasn't impressed by my score

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I passed to, but wasn't impressed by my score
You passed! Proud of you for passing! You should be proud, too. You worked hard and doesn’t matter what your score is really.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You passed! Proud of you for passing! You should be proud, too. You worked hard and doesn’t matter what your score is really.
Exactly! The score means nothing, IMHO they should just give a pass/fail mark with no score and maybe a score to those who failed so they know how to improve. Allow yourself to savor the moment, go have a drink with friends to celebrate or a good meal and mostly just take a big sigh of relief and move on with your dreams and goals!!

Reactions: 6 users
What a fruitful result of waiting more than 4 weeks. Finally passed

I passed!! Congrats to all those who did and for those who didn't, it's totally okay, plenty of amazing vets don't pass right away and they still are amazing.

I passed!! Congrats to all those who did and for those who didn't, it's totally okay, plenty of amazing vets don't pass right away and they still are amazing.

Agreed! At the end of the day, it’s just another test. One way or the other, we’ll make it to the finish line!

Congratulations to everyone who passed. I am taking for the first time in April 2023, any tips on the preparation guys? Thank you By the way i am using Zuku

I will say for people searching this thread in the future: I took two of the NAVLE practice assessments and my real score was close to the high end but still in the range! So they’re pretty accurate! If I could do it again though I would only take the one expanded pack and study everything I missed

Reactions: 1 users
Whi
I will say for people searching this thread in the future: I took two of the NAVLE practice assessments and my real score was close to the high end but still in the range! So they’re pretty accurate! If I could do it again though I would only take the one expanded pack and study everything I missed
Which icva self-assessment form did you use and when?

I'm on the other side of that, I refused to take those assessment exams as I knew it would only freak me out more and wouldn't change the outcome, like, I wouldn't cancel my test if my assessment was bad (and I didn't think I'd have time to study more for my weak subjects) and in the real thing I'd probably be like "oh I'm going to fail this for sure" which is obviously not a good mindset... I would much rather take the real exam and experience the real thing, worst case you fail and then you know better how to improve for the next time. But it's very individual, if you feel like you need that assessment to boost your confidence I say go for it!

Last edited:
I second this! If you have the time to take one of the assessments a few weeks prior to NAVLE I highly recommend. I took it ~3 weeks prior to taking NAVLE and I scored almost exactly in the middle of the range it gave me. I didn’t do the one that gave you the answers because I figured learning which questions I got wrong wouldn’t make a huge difference in how I studied. But I am glad I took it because it was the only thing that kept me sane while I worried about not passing, knowing that the assessment predicted I would pass. I also scored average in most sections but below average in pigs so I used some of my remaining study time to really hone in on pigs so that information was beneficial and I ended up scoring average for pigs on NAVLE

Whi

Which icva self-assessment form did you use and when?
I did the expanded pack three months before my exam, then the first test one month before. I should have only taken the expanded one a month or two before to really focus my studying, but I also wanted to know if my studying had been effective prior to taking the expanded pack. (I did the vet prep 6 month study plan)

Hello all

Good evening,

Please does anyone have any study materials for BCSE or any advice you'd like to share with me, would be appreciated.

My BCSE exam is in five days and I am so scared and I feel utterly unprepared.

Regards

I passed too, but wasn't impressed by my score
I passed by 3 questions and am doing great out in practice. I promise it'll be fine 😊

I still haven't gotten my score. Do they wait end send the failing scores last?
General not, no. My year, everyone got their score all at once. The fact some people haven't received their scores is likely part of their tech hiccups

I passed, but I don't know that my study method would help people very much. I did 100% of vetprep, but I didn't do any of the ICVA practice exams (I meant to, but then suddenly it was a week before my exam and I didn't want to take a practice exam that close to the real thing in case it went poorly; that would psyche me out badly). I reviewed all of the powerpages in areas I was weak.

Some people benefit from extended time on the exam - I'm here to vouch that for the people who are fast test takers, don't feel like you HAVE to use every minute of your time, or every minute of your breaks. I am not that kind of test taker; the more time I have to look at multiple choice questions, the more likely I am to change answers (often from right to wrong), and I flew through the NAVLE the way I did exams in school, and only took a single break halfway through to use the restroom and eat a little snack. There's no right way to do the NAVLE, do what you know works for you. If that's using all of the available time, great! If that's finishing the exam in 2 1/2 hours, cool!

Hugs and support to those who didn't get the results you wanted. There are loads of awesome vets who didn't pass their NAVLE the first time, and a standardized exam isn't a measure of the kind of vet you're going to be.

Did anyone dissect and go through the ICVA assesment exams 1 and 3 and have maybe a study? I hate that they do not GI rush the expanded pack option with these two. This exam is hard enough.